[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hi, my name is John Green and this is Crash Course World History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14
File: Crash course.jpg (60 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
Crash course.jpg
60 KB, 1280x720
Hi, my name is John Green and this is Crash Course World History
>>
File: Churchill_portrait_NYP_45063.jpg (150 KB, 470x578) Image search: [Google]
Churchill_portrait_NYP_45063.jpg
150 KB, 470x578
did you know Winston Churchill was actually a Nazi and wanted to invade the entire world after WWII and annex it to his own empire?
>>
did you know that Cortez wanted to colonize the Americas because his father left him for a Mexican maid, thus turning Cortez into a racist, anti-semitic, homophobic, trans-phobic bigot who hated everyone who didn't believe in his neo-nazi beliefs?
>>
You know I really don't get why he's so polarizing. I think he's okay, if anything it's good he's gotten lots of kids and teens into studying history
>>
File: WILD RIDE.gif (449 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
WILD RIDE.gif
449 KB, 500x500
>>615141
He's just such a humongous, liberal, cock-gobbling faggot

t. /pol/
>>
>>615128
silly question, did he roughly say something like this?
>>
>>615168
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjhIzemLdos
see for yourself, I haven't watched it yet but I assume this is what he's talking about
>>
>>615119
>>615128
Aside from the feminist bullshit, John Green isn't half bad. If you're a hardcore communist or fascist, then yeah, you might find his explanations shitty. But I'm 4chan, home of the edgy 15 year old who loves either Ayn Rand or Marx and just wants to let everyone know how smart he is. Fuck.
>>
>>615241
>But I'm 4chan

Hi 4chan, I'm dad
>>
>>615141
It's less that people are annoyed that he's getting kids into history, more that he's just the symbol of the know it all high school student, which can be pretty annoying when you realise how simple all of his videos are. I have no problem with the idea of someone doing a video series that shortly covers major historic events, it's his fans that raise his series to the point where it rivals Encyclopaedia Britannica.
>>
>>615174
I posted this and just watched it, he doesn't even mention racism at all... >>615128 confirmed for bullshit

also
>holy
>roman
>empire
lel

>>615241
4chan always takes counter-culture to the extreme

>>615249
>to the point where it rivals Encyclopaedia Britannica.
I don't understand, thought they had a good reputation?
>>
>>615273
I think he was complaining about how Green's fans try to make his videos seem like they're on the same level as Britannica
>>
>>615280
ah, thanks, that makes sense
>>
>>615280
this guy is correct
>>
File: cia.jpg (29 KB, 350x250) Image search: [Google]
cia.jpg
29 KB, 350x250
>>615241
4chan, I'm CIA
>>
>>615241
>>615245
Leave.
>>
>>615113
>this machine kills fascists
>if you're not a liberal you're stupid
when will this meme end?
>>
>>615384
big guy
>>
>>615475
Have you guys even watched an episode of the series
>>
>>615495
Used to watch him all the time in my teens.
>>
>>615407
>if you're not a liberal you're stupid
wat
>>
>>615504
he said.. ahem
>IF YOU'RE NOT A LIBERAL YOU'RE STUPID
>>
>>615241
Ayn rand was not a fascist
>>
>>615113
>Amerikkka is the great satan and the west is evil

John Green is like some kind of college aged European male transplant. Please take him back
>>
>>615543
Why did anon say that tho?
>>
File: 1452562095345.jpg (106 KB, 736x489) Image search: [Google]
1452562095345.jpg
106 KB, 736x489
>>615431
>>615384

UUUU
>>
It's obvious that the channel has a liberal bias and routinely and purposely tries to provide counterpoints to eurocentrism and misogyny.

I've yet to see the guy make any unsubstantiated claims or say anything that's actually wrong, though.

I'm not sure if the hate stems from:
A) denial that misogyny is a legitimate social issue
B) denial that eurocentrism in text books is very real
C) acceptance of either or both and an unwillingness to see them change
D) John Green's stupid fucking face, voice, or retarded teen novels
E) the shitty music and overall presentation (it's clearly not targeted at adults)
F) some combination of A-E

All in all okay show, information presented is all factual, not sure where this meme that any of it isn't came from. Loses points for annoying host and music though.
>>
>>615641
You're British, aren't you?
>>
File: stalin with his great uncles.jpg (19 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
stalin with his great uncles.jpg
19 KB, 480x360
Did you know Stalin was a cool dude and Soviet soldiers brought peace and democracy to those evil racist Germans?
>>
>>615641
It's just the current crop of racist brats who want of spout shitposts constantly.
>>
>>615641
Well, there are plenty of reasons for communists to detest a liberal idealist history that avoids class as often as it can.
>>
>>615280
Are you sure?

My history teacher would just put on those videos when he didn't want to teach, and even then he'd tell us "these aren't that good but they tell you a lot of information"
>>
>>615641
I personally don't like him because of D, but his videos are fine

They're just a crash course, hence the title
>>
Senpai
>>
>>615641
this, hateful channers dont wanna believe it though.
>>
>>615675
>>615128
>>615119
someone provide me with evidence of him saying these things
>>
>>616180
You're not going to get evidence because they're pure fabrication.
>>
>>615113
I literally fall asleep when i watched one of his video.
>>
File: I want to protect this smile.png (53 KB, 200x200) Image search: [Google]
I want to protect this smile.png
53 KB, 200x200
>>615641
>A) denial that misogyny is a legitimate social issue
>B) denial that eurocentrism in text books is very real

Stopped reading right there.
But continue being cucks, cumskins, us natives are cheering the Jews, liberals, and mudslimes to destroy your culture. And guess what? They are winning. FEEL THE BERN!
>>
File: offensive.png (77 KB, 426x408) Image search: [Google]
offensive.png
77 KB, 426x408
>>615113
>listening to an English major who is just a mouthpiece for a Marxist historian

I literally want to punch every English/Sociology/Gender Studies/Poly Sci major that thinks they know shit about history but has no fucking idea what the word historiography means.
>>
>>616315
If he's a mouth piece for a marxist historian then he's stripped all the fucking marxism out.

His historiography is liberal as shit.
>>
File: weak ass reggie.jpg (112 KB, 713x945) Image search: [Google]
weak ass reggie.jpg
112 KB, 713x945
>>616180
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LsrkWDCvxg
>>
>>616374
>>American liberalism isn't benign Marxism

End yourself.
>>
>>615241
>>>/r/eddit
>>
>>616374
It isn't.

US liberalism posits rights bearing enlightenment subjects of the state who seek rights protection due to morality from an elected government of laws.

Marxism posits a self-alienating universal class that by economic necessity will violently depose its enemies and justify itself purely through power and self-continence.

Maybe you should try reading. Lukacs' History and Class Consciousness is a good start.
>>
>>615543
>thanks
>>
>>615113

>Hi, my name is John Green and this is a biased abortion of history I like to call 'the Haitian Revolution'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5A_o-nU5s2U
>>
>>615641

He doesn't say things factually incorrect, but he doesn't provide the whole picture. His bias leads him to over-simplify, and that oversimplification is why I dislike his videos.

If I were to tell you that the USSR changed the Russian state from an agrarian society to an industrial powerhouse that is true. If I were to tell you that the USSR was able to outproduce all the European powers combined during WW2 that is also true, but it is so oversimplified it is intellectually disingenuous.
>>
>>616416
>the USSR was able to outproduce all the European powers combined during WW2

False
>>
>>615641
>denial that eurocentrism in text books is very real
Okay, I can safely disregard your post

It's always so sad when the JG fags try and act reasonable
>>
>3 globes
>all showing africa
>>
>>616492
kek
>>
Are you faggots trying to turn him into some kind of international superstar like /v/ did with Anita?
>>
File: photo.jpg (33 KB, 320x321) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
33 KB, 320x321
What i learned from john green:

>alexander the great wasn't great
>calling him the great is misogynistic because no woman has ever been called the great
>the ancient greeks were an evil patriarchal backward racist hellhole while ancient persia was a tolerant liberal paradise
>the barbaric europeans were so patriarchal and controlling to women that they preferred to escape european colonies and live among the civilized and egalitarian brave noble native americans, this was a very common trend(white wimmin couldn't resist the big red cock)
>the rennaisansse happened because the enlightened high islamic civilization gave the knowledge to the backward moronic europeans who ate shit and bathed in piss before the great islamic scholars blessed them with their eternal knowledge
>DeGama, Columbus and Magelan were ok but no where near as great and relevant as that Chinese explorer who discovered the east coast of africa, that's a far more relevant discovery than the americas and all the sea routes from europe to asia, we only think it is because of eurocentrism
>plus the chinese could've discovered the americas if they wanted but they just didn't want to
>>
>>617461
Actually this is a very old topic /lit/ is obsessed about since his success as an YA author
>>
nobody cares what ideology he is pushing through retarded poltards fuck oooooooooooooooooffffffffffff from this board

the info he is providing and videos always contain mistakes which would get you thrown out of a verbal exam

this is why is he is doing youtube vids
thats all he good for when it comes to history
>>
>>617508
> the info he is providing and videos always contain mistakes which would get you thrown out of a verbal exam

And you don't see why this is an issue?
>>
>>617488
He's obviously making these slightly contratian points because he, quite rightly, assumes that his viewers will already have been made aware of who Alexander the Great, De Gama, Columbus etc are, and will already have seen 300.

He's trying to broaden people's mind by offering something different from what can currently be found in their cesspool teenage brains.

Of course, if you are /pol/ and are easily triggered by words, this is wildly offensive.
>>
>>617488
i cant bear to look at his big faggot face
>>
>>617491
Audience pussy bro.
>>
>>617556
John srs
>>
>>615641

A & B

Spineless subscription to self destructive ideology. Misogyny paranoia is much as a legitimate viewpoint as climate change denial

C

Incalculable neckbeard smugness

D

Nope.

E

Lol, nah. I like the music
>>
>>617927
Woah, now I'm smug? Nigger you must be kidding. You are objectively and indisputably higher smug skill level than me, please read your own post

Sorry we couldn't agree on the music or John's stupid fucking face, in any case.
>>
>>615241
Defense of John Green is meme-tier shitposting and should be a bannable offense on this board for the same reason Randposting on /lit/ is a bannable offense.

The sticky says that there needs to be quality posts here. That includes bait. I have seen on this board some of the most subtle bait I have ever seen on 4chan. Yours was not one of those posts.
>>
>>615641
I didn't even make it through the first sentence before cringing at how blatantly obvious that bait is. 0/10, put some thought into it next time.
>>
ITT: White suburban kids trying to justify their racism
>>
>>615113
If I were going to troll conservatives, nationalists, and all other right-wingers with a YouTube show, this is how I would do it:
>Structure my show as a history show, while parroting the most meme-tier left-wing historical revisionism
>Get a Macbook
>Put "This Machine Kills Fastists" sticker on it
>Wear faggy polo with no undershirt
>Wear faggy glasses
>Have a picture of Gandhi
>All my globes are orientated where America is facing away from me because I hate my country
>similarly, position the globes so that big, black Africa is just hanging in front of the audience's faces
>constantly attack Europe and white people throughout history
>basically try to write a Swedish World History textbook in YouTube format
>get my faggy little brother to do a show about philosophy and present it in a way that suggests he's only ever read Plato and Nietzsche

All the right-wingers are going to implode with rage! But wait, as a nod to them, to show them I'm just making liberals look like retards, I'm going to draw Gandhi in such a way that he looks like le happy merchant Nazi meme.
>>
>>618467
In this post:
WE WUZ KINGS
>>
>>615241
>John Green isn't half bad
he is full bad, I can never forgive him for saying the sarissa is why the macedonians had the edge over persia
>>
File: John Green.png (60 KB, 535x517) Image search: [Google]
John Green.png
60 KB, 535x517
Just a reminder that this man is teaching your children history
>>
>>616349
>Start by talking about misogyny and Kim Kardashian
>Alexander wasn't Great, nobody was Great because Great is just applied to men
>Forget about Catherine the Great, here have some toilet humor to make you forget about her being called "the Great"
>Lemme just do this "quick biography"
(What the whole fucking video should be if you call it history)
>Proceed to shit on Alexander's memory
>Proceed to interject modern values into history and project your modernist self-importance onto those of antiquity who (conveniently) can't defend themselves because they're dead

Oh my John Green is absolute shit.
>>
>>616492
my god its so subtle. subliminal cucking.
>>
File: disgusted basileus.png (65 KB, 316x456) Image search: [Google]
disgusted basileus.png
65 KB, 316x456
>>618505
>it's just an introduction of history to the masses so they can keep abreast of their ignorance, nothing wrong with that at all lads
>what do you mean bias and subjectivity is a cancer to history and historical discourse?
>lol stfu gb2pole
S T O P
>>
File: 1318464296762.jpg (17 KB, 360x208) Image search: [Google]
1318464296762.jpg
17 KB, 360x208
>>618505
He makes a living off of youtube ad dollars of course he has to be 100% politically correct in everything he states publicly.

Hell I hate non-whites and homosexuals but even I would go full political correctness if I had enough charisma and resources to set up a successful youtube channel
>>
>>618598
>what do you mean bias and subjectivity is a cancer to history and historical discourse?

Bias and subjectivity are inescapable.
>>
>>618654
an excessive amount is avoidable, subtle bias does no real harm and is correctable
Thread replies: 76
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.