[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How or where can I learn more about the US constitution, its
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: ErdoganGollum.jpg (55 KB, 600x750) Image search: [Google]
ErdoganGollum.jpg
55 KB, 600x750
How or where can I learn more about the US constitution, its practice and the philosophy behind it?

pic not related
>>
>>605773

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlKL_EpnSp8
>>
http://supremecourtdatabase.org/
>>
>>605788
I'd love to read a book, just tell me which one.
>>
File: 11129644_9554.jpg (24 KB, 350x439) Image search: [Google]
11129644_9554.jpg
24 KB, 350x439
>>605773

The US Constitution is literally ancestor worship anon, the same as Japanese Shinto.

In order to practice proper representative democracy you need a concept such as Parliamentary Sovereignty where dead men can't bind their successors and take away the freedom of the living.
>>
>>605826
Nice try, limey. Keep your tea drinking ways outta my country
>>
>>605910

This is not a very good defence of worshipping ghosts.
>>
Read about Whigs on Wikipedia.
>>
>>606002

My allowing the sovereign to become the creature of parliament, you have allowed the poisonous influence of party politics to infect the very essence of your national being.
>>
>>605910
He has a point, the Constitution was a jury-rig put together because the Articles sucked so hard and they thought we'd have a new one hashed out in a century or so.
>>
>>608374
>By allowing the sovereign to become the creature of parliament, you have allowed party-politics to infect your nationality.

What?
>>
>>608404
He's just buying in to the whole "monarchy is cool because it allows the focus of nationality to exist outside politics" meme. If he weren't he probably would have brought up the Magna Carta instead of the Glorious Revolution.
>>
>>605910
He isn't exactly wrong anon.
>>
>>608404

Your so-called prime ministers are beholden first to their colleagues in parliament, as Jeremy Corbyn is finding out as opposition leader. No amount of public support will save him. In a system where the executive is also required to be the strongman of parliament, no true tribune of the people can emerge. This is why the American system of selecting a sovereign is superior.
>>
>>608429
America doesn't have a sovereign and the PM of England is not its sovereign.
>>
>>608441

The PM exercises executive power - all the monarch's power has been sucked away. In the US the president, in practice, fills the role of a sovereign. He directs the machinery of the state in accordance with the law.
>>
>>608449
Sorry I was interpreting sovereignty as the government as a whole (with the monarch a symbol of this, in England). You really shoulda just said chief executive.
>>
>>608449
>>608429
>>608374

>missing the point this badly.

Kek.
>>
>>608449
>>608429
Pretty sure the President is the cheif executive, not the sovereign
>>
>>605773
>Butthurt K*rd

Erdogan's shit is far better than every thing you'll ever have.
>>
>>608390
Pretty much this. It was hastily put together, and relied almost entirely on last-minute compromise in an effort to keep the country from imploding. None of the founding fathers thought it would last very long, and the only reason it has is because of hero worship and the weird notion that the founding fathers were infallible and created something perfect.
>>
>>611089
but they did.
>>
>>611226
Not even close.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.