[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Daily reminder that archaeology has the power to change the world
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
Daily reminder that archaeology has the power to change the world and the greatest treasures are still hidden. Why aren't you out there searching?

Pic related in situ
>>
>>603280
reminder that rich and influential groups such as the library of israel and the vatican withhold ancient key texts about humanity's past.
>>
>>603298
Don't forget the Eternal Anglo.

They dedicated much of their effort to collecting artifacts. Unprecedented.
>>
>>603298
What exactly would they be withholding and why? I assume you are referring to the 'lost books' of the bible or anything that was considered noncanon. Do they think Enoch holds too many secrets?
>>
>>603280
But I am OP, this is literally my job
>>
>>603377
I really wouldn't be surprised if the Israelis found texts contradicting their origin myths (slavery in Egypt etc.) and decided to hide everything.
>>
>>605659
Doubt it. Suspect you are lying your undergrad ass off.

Archeology is highly underfunded in most academic institutions. Not to mention, there are very few jobs offered in this field (VERY FEW) and the ones who do get these jobs are top tier grad students who have already published 3 or more academic articles in leading academic journals.

So, no. You lie, and are a low brow dolt.
>>
File: ha.jpg (32 KB, 532x336) Image search: [Google]
ha.jpg
32 KB, 532x336
>>603280
>Why aren't you out there searching?

Because the white man would steal them.
>>
>>603313

>finding a shit load of stuff noone knew was there
>then putting it on display, in a free museum

Those bastards
>>
>>605777

>this belongs to Iraq
>half of which is still overrun by people who smash up historical artefacts with sledgehammers and then dynamite the rubble
>>
>>605724
well than aren't I special then? I am working through my university doing research during the semesters and paid field work during the summers. It's not that difficult of a field to get a job in if you talk to your professors for possible openings in their labs.
>>
>>605840
>both halves are also made up of people who have no relation to the creators of the object in question sans living in the same general vicinity
>>
>>605933
Which University?
>>
>>605977
Purdue
>>
>>603280

Because Archaeological programs typically don't have the resources to gather as much information as possible from a site, so the only ones we should be excavating are those in danger of being destroyed
>>
>>603280
>>>/x/
>>
>>606159
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.

Literally says archaeology right there friend and this is in no way paranormal.
>>
>>605684
It wasn't slavery, was it? Were the ancient Israelites the Hyskos of the 12th and 13th Dynasties who were defeated by Egyptians and ran out of Egypt? They even had a Pharoah named Jacob. Wasn't there a dude in the Torah who became vizier...
>>
>>603280
Can't wait for the kuffār to find the early "proto-bibles", where they hadn't deified the prophet jesus yet.
>>
>>606235
I can't wait for atheist archaeologists to find descriptions of Muhammad raping little boys and girls.
>>
>>605684
There's already plenty of material out there showing that Judaism developed out of Canaanite polytheism (with Yahweh being a god in the pantheon), was polytheistic until the Babylonian captivity, that the Exodus didn't happen, and that the United Monarchy never existed either.

This information is easy to find, and much of it is produced by Israeli archaeologists. If they're trying to hide stuff contradicting the Bible, they're doing a bad job.
>>
>>606243
Not a muslim but damn son talk about being salty. Also check Ehrman's How Jesus Become God.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.