[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do we get more guys like edmund wilson, friedrich hayek,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4
How do we get more guys like edmund wilson, friedrich hayek, camille paglia and raymond aron into the humanities?

The feucaltian retards need to get BTFO.
>>
It's over
>>
>>601598
You don't. They're literal cancer, you can't remove a part of an organ that has cancer, it must be completely cut out and replaced by something new.
>>
>>601598
>Happy Samhain

As an Irishman I'm deeply hurt and offended by these people claiming my culture as their own.

Jokes aside, Foucault has nothing to do with the picture you posted and the fact that people equate his views with the phenomenon of "SJW"s (I hate that term) is really annoying.
>>
>>601639
Nigga SJWs love foucalt
>>
>>601647
They also love el Che, despite ordering the execution of gays in cuba.
>>
>>601598
It looks like you're a right wing arsehole.

Traditionally, when there's a labour excess, right wing arseholes suggest lowering the price of labour until people fill all roles at any price.

Inversely, if there is a shortage of desired labour, all one needs to do using the ideology of Hayek, is raise the price of labour to encourage entrants.

Therefore: humanities academics ought to be paid at least three times the current rate.
>>
If halloween is supposed to be fun for everybody, why do people call the police when I try to take kids home to my basement party?
>>
>>601659
>humanities academics ought to be paid at least three times the current rate.
There's a shortage of humanities academics?

No there isn't. The only demand for humanities professors is manufactured by the professors themselves to maintain their cushy union salaries.

Students would be a lot better off without charlatans trying to trick them into majoring in something useless.
>>
>>601659
>right wing arseholes
I didn't know everyone with a basic understanding of economics was a right wing arsehole.

But I guess leftists are the ones who think raising minimum wage in areas with high unemployment will "create jobs."
>>
>>601787
So you agree with me that the reason why there aren't right wing humanities academics is that the wages are far too low?
>>
>>601639
Personally I find the entire concept of "le spooky SJW" intellectually bankrupt, but you can see why people would associate him with it - "Madness and Civilization" is essentially one big paean to made-up oppression
>>
File: 1426224154398.jpg (12 KB, 199x282) Image search: [Google]
1426224154398.jpg
12 KB, 199x282
>fruits send out their kids in gender-neutral multicultural costumes
>my kids beat them up and take their candy
>>
>>601813
They're too high as it is.

But there are no right wingers in the humanities because they all got expelled or fired.
>>
>>601826
Don't cut yourself, kiddo
>>
>>601829
So we should assume that in countries without a firing culture there should be more right wing humanities academics. But there are very few right wing humanities academics in France and Germany.

I still think wages being far too low is a better explanation. Think of all the rednecks who'd do the aesthetics of poetry if only the wage offer was high enough to entice market entry.
>>
File: 1392521771711.jpg (134 KB, 519x600) Image search: [Google]
1392521771711.jpg
134 KB, 519x600
>>601659
>Therefore: humanities academics ought to be paid at least three times the current rate.
>Humanities academics
>"Labour"

l
>>
>>601875
You're truly fucking retarded if you think scholarship doesn't take a ton of effort - labor, if you will
>>
>>601897
So fucking tired of academics acting like they work in a 19th century steel mill

If you've never had to make a living or raise a family working an actual job you need to shut the fuck up about labour issues. Not getting paid enough to write your useless papers or research your bullshit doesn't constitute a labour issue.

Pol Pot was right. Academics are a bunch of faux-proletariat cunts.
>>
>>601598
If someone actually didn't give my kids candy on Halloween for any of those bullshit reasons, guess whose house I'm going to teach my kids how to TP?
>>
>>601926
John Henry was a steel drivin' man.
>>
>>601868
>right wing humanities academics in France and Germany.
Your argument is retarded considering the shitstorm over Dieudonné, even though he's not an academic.
>>
>>602008
Your argument is retarded given you have no knowledge of hiring practices in academia and are using a conspiracy theory you've invented out of plain cloth.
>>
File: quote privilege unquote.jpg (653 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
quote privilege unquote.jpg
653 KB, 750x1334
>>601598
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.