[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
whats some mind blowing philosophy? im sick of being a nihlist.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5
File: hi.png (44 KB, 401x288) Image search: [Google]
hi.png
44 KB, 401x288
whats some mind blowing philosophy? im sick of being a nihlist.
>>
>>597683
What is Germany?
>>
Solipsism is my favorite. It's the only true uncertain-certain philosophy. Absurdism is good too.
>>
>>597683
What is India?
>>
What is the French language?

It's not that impressive, you faggots. Quit suggesting that every treaty be written in French and learn English already.
>>
Portugal/Poland
>>
>>597693
i like solipsism

but i dont really understand absurd ism. can you explain it in easy to understand terms?
>>
>>597688
>>597696
>>597697
>>597704
hint: alexander the great
>>
File: image.jpg (263 KB, 1048x887) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
263 KB, 1048x887
>>597683
>>
What is Brazil.

What is neo-Kantianism
>>
>>597683
alright this is what got my out of my nihilism lately with regard to ethics. there's no room in a metaphysically naturalist ontology for moral facts, at least at first glance. that was what i was really stuck on. but then one day what hit me is that there's no room for mathematical facts, either; but anyone who denies the (analytic) truth of mathematics and logic is absurd. so moral facts could be true in the same analytic sense as math and formal logic, without spooky properties like Goodness floating around in your ontology.
>>
>>597683
Existentialism. It picks up where nihilism has left you.
>>
>>597683
Maybe you'll get a kick out of the double-slit experiment

Quantum physics is weird, man
>>
>>597712
Greece
>>
File: mabRf.jpg (513 KB, 2048x1366) Image search: [Google]
mabRf.jpg
513 KB, 2048x1366
>>
File: 1449272582278.jpg (87 KB, 400x499) Image search: [Google]
1449272582278.jpg
87 KB, 400x499
>>597683

here is the bombshell: reflexivity permits us to see that the belief in rationality, induction/generalization/categorization, imagination, intellect, reason does not lead us to the good life.

animals are the most rational beings, but they lack reflexivity since they fail to see that the faith in abstraction to reach knowledge/truth/objectivity/reality/universality is sterile since it brings only conventions which are, by definition, always fluctuating through, at least, time and space... rationality brings is a deception and a disappointment.

the point of reflexivity is to notice the failure of rationalism, to embrace empiricism that is to say, to stop fantasizing about a collective reality, but rather to stick to personal phenomena in analyzing them.
the point of reflexivity is to make us wonder what do we want.

Do you want to create norms, conventions in order to claim that you create norms and that these norms are truths that you try to impose on others, until some people will come to you and claim that their conventions are the truths and yours are lies ?
>>
>>597708
Absurdism is just the belief that there's a conflict between finding inherent meaning to our existence and the incapability for us to ever find one to begin with (can also be interpreted as never sufficing a meaning to our existence and it is too limiting). A lot of people think it's faux nihilism. But the fundamental difference is absurdism doesn't shy away from ever trying to find meaning. It's just the belief that our attempts to do so are ultimately futile. This doesn't mean you can find a meaning to your existence. It just means that whatever that it is will never be inherently adequate to you.

A lot of people also relate absurdism to existentialism. While they have similarities, you can apply absurdism to almost all faculties in your life. You're not limited to metaphysics. So while there might be a "greater scheme" to everything, you don't have to be particularly caught in it.
>>
>>597683
>whats some mind blowing philosophy?
Why should philosophy be mindblowing? Just justify what common sense tells you
>>
>>597683
Time Cube.
>>
>>597745
Macedonia, I think
>>
>>597760
winner
>>
>>597760
>>597765
But Alexander the Greek wasnt from FYROM
>>
>>597786
thats why its the answer
>>
>>597708
Life is meaningless, but don't let that stop you!
>>
Taoism is pretty fun.

No one knows what the fuck any of the Taoist texts mean, Taoist practitioners are free to pick and choose which texts they adhere to (Think of it as Christians just ditching the entirety of Paul or Luke on a whim), they practice holding in your jizz so as to prolong your life (orgasm is fine, ejaculation is not), and the ultimate "goal" of Taoism is to kill your ego so you can become a perfect immortal being.
>>
>>597811
>tfw post new age third wave occultist
>>
>>597683

Try Dildonism.
>>
File: image.jpg (92 KB, 732x606) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
92 KB, 732x606
>>597683
>nihilism
>>
>>597786
Macedonians like to think he is
pretty funny desu
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.