[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why are Jews always getting so butthurt about Bible translations?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1
File: Confusedface.jpg (23 KB, 267x376) Image search: [Google]
Confusedface.jpg
23 KB, 267x376
Why are Jews always getting so butthurt about Bible translations? You see some of the same sentiments in Christians, but it's usually the Jewish theologians who are of the opinion that you can't really understand the Bible unless you read it in the original, and are often citing zillions of verses that are "mistranslated" over minutae of grammar that nobody who isn't autistic gives a shit about.

I mean, just why? Isn't there more to religion than nit-picking?
>>
All religion is pointless nitpicking.
>>
>>595737
Because retarded Christians unironically think the OT backs up the claims of Jesus' validity as Messiah, and as God.
>>
>>595737
I personally share this. I'm thinking of learning hebrew and greek just so I can understand the bible.
>>
>>595737

>but it's usually the Jewish theologians who are of the opinion that you can't really understand the Bible unless you read it in the original

Try getting a MDiv or a PhD from any reputable school without Hebrew or Latin
>>
>>595737

If you take the bible as a holy book and theology seriously that sort of thing is obviously quite important. Even minor changes in the grammar can make a massive change in the meaning.
>>
Jews gotta kvetch about something
It's a law of nature
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.