[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Diadochi, who do you choose?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: beforediadochi.png (37 KB, 1752x804) Image search: [Google]
beforediadochi.png
37 KB, 1752x804
Alas, the Great King has fallen, Alexander son of Phillip had fallen ill and perished on the year of 323 BC, It is now the year 322, There is huge unrest among the successor states of Alexander.
On the West, we have the Aetolian League, who is fighting through thick and thin to keep it's small holdings.
Pyrrhus, king of Epirus, is raising a huge army to expand into the Italic region.
Sparta pulled a Switzerland on us and remained neutral.
The usurper Cassander took over the Macedonian throne and now rules with an iron fist.
Lysimachus has taken Thrace, and a part of Macedonia.
On the East we have:
Ptolemy I Soter has declared himself Pharaoh of Egypt and he has claimed all of Alexander's Egyptian holdings.
Seleucus I Nicator is the holder of the Persian lands and currently has the biggest Empire.
Antigonus I Monophthalmus has the Athenian city-state and most of Asia Minor and the Levant.
You're an influencial Greek nobleman with an ideology of Hellenic Unification, same as Alexander, any kingdom you join is most likely to succeed in destroying the other kingdoms.
You have a huge disdain for Barbarians (so, no Romans, Armenians, or Carthaginians).
Choose a hellenistic succesor state and give your reasoning for it.
>>
File: n95jt0q.jpg (498 KB, 708x826) Image search: [Google]
n95jt0q.jpg
498 KB, 708x826
Seleucids because I like their roster in RTW.
>>
The Mauryans are on there for some reason so them
>>
>>594851
(HUGE DISDAIN FOR BARBARIANS)
>>
>>594853
Get fucked I'm Buddhist
>>
>>594893
>get fucked
that's a life of anthood waiting for you because of that swearing sir
>>
>>594893
Still a barbarian...
Barbarian definition: He/She who does not speak the Greek language. So, only a hellenistic kingdom, fag.
Plus, it was because of the Indo-Greek Kingdom that Buddhism became what it is today.
>>
Antigonus. Just need to nip that whole Rhodes fiasco in the bud and we could have it all.
>>
Would Antioch have existed when Antigonos controlled syria?
>>
>>594833
Seleucus Nicator all the way. Unite the empire bro!
>>
>>594845
Good taste
>>
>>594940
Nice eurocentric view. Mighy as well claim buddha was from europe and all Buddhists are European
>>
I'm a bit of a boo for the Bactrians. I really like the idea of country where Greeks and Indians mingle, and where Greek Philosophy meets Buddhist Theology.

I wish they had lasted much longer in history but I guess when the Seleucids went down, that was the end of Greeks migrating to Bactria and from there things got difficult.

Misc note: Their roster in Total War: Rome 2 is the bee's knees.
>>
This isn't even a fair question. The Egyptian civilization has the strongest and most stable culture, primo farm output, access to Mediterranean trade, and is in a defensible position with few enemies at its borders. I pledge my life and sword to pharaoh ptolomeios.
>>
File: white-buddha-statue.jpg (139 KB, 576x720) Image search: [Google]
white-buddha-statue.jpg
139 KB, 576x720
>>595814
and enjoy your statues of buddha whose image, by the way, was heavily influenced by greek sculptures of the bactrian greeks
>>
>>596424

All cultures influence each other. Where would Greece be without Egpytian and Eastern contributions to astronomy and mathematics?
>>
>>596441
Egypt is white.
>>
>>594833
Bosphoran Kingdom desu
>>
>>596445

Huh? What does Whiteness have to do with this?
>>
>>596445
Egypt is semitic.
>>
>>596445

Literally we wuz kings: the post.
>>
>>596481
I'm literally Egyptian m8 :^)
>>
File: 113645.jpg (37 KB, 225x350) Image search: [Google]
113645.jpg
37 KB, 225x350
>>594833
Eumenes because he's a bishie.
>>
>>596441
EGYPTIANS DINDU NUFFIN. GREEKS WAZ GOOD BOIZ EGYPTIAN MATH CANT BUILD MARBLE BEAMS
>>
>>595821
>bactrians
>not the most terrible roster
that map required an eastward expansion
>>
Ptolemy, of course. Imagine establishing Alexandria. Imagine the city you could help give birth to.
>>
>>594833
>pick Seleucus
>acquire elephants
>acquire Asia
>kill all Ptolemies on sight

>>596683
Eumenes is fucking dead at this point. Might as well pick Alexander if we can choose zombies

>>594990
>picking Antigonos after he already lost the Babylonian War

nice "Asia" you got there
>>
>>594845
They were like if a 12 years old created their own custom faction.
>legionaires
>phallanx
>elephants
>>
Pyhrrus, Take Macedonia and this time fuck up Lysimachus when tries to invade, assuming his men dont desert him before than, then proceed to unite the Greek people under one flag
>>
File: Pyrrhus.jpg (26 KB, 389x475) Image search: [Google]
Pyrrhus.jpg
26 KB, 389x475
Epirus of course. The true successor of Alexander in every way, he just shouldn't haven't bothered with Romans and Italy. Should have focused on the rest of Greece and taken the offer from Macedonia and become the next great uniter. But he fucked up and was hated by many and took a brick to the head. What a waste of talent.
>>
>>599116
Exactly
>>
>>594833
Based Seleucus.
>>
>>594940
Indo-Greeks are the definition of irrelevant
>>
>>594845
>likes or dislikes a nation, an entire people, millions of individual fates, based on Romal Totalitarian Warfare-Simulator

ishiggy diggy
>>
>>598525
It is now the year 322

Eumenes doesn't die for 6 more years
>>
>>599699
Still more relevant than the Indians until the British India.
>>
Parthian living under Seleucids, who I rise up against before establishing the Parthian Empire and steeling myself to create a Persian Empire that will resist the Arab Muslim invaders 500+ years on.
>>
>>595021
It was a settled town before then, but the city was founded by Seleucus after he won Syria.
>>
Pontus for the dank Mithridateums. Unite the world, leave Armenia alone.
>>
>>600613
>322
That's what I get for looking at the map and not reading the text.
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.