[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So my fucking history teacher just said there was a dark age
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
So my fucking history teacher just said there was a dark age after the fall of Rome. How do I fucking BTFO him and prove him wrong, he says that until the Caroline Resistance there was a dark age and people on his say it's not true. What can I say to fucking BTFO him and prove him wrong?
>>
Bump

He's an atheist btw guys so can someone (like Constantine who is fucking epic) post some Christian refutations
>>
>>594421
>>594435
Read some fucking books, you ape.
>>
File: his guide.png (451 KB, 800x964) Image search: [Google]
his guide.png
451 KB, 800x964
>>594435
>He's an atheist btw guys so can someone (like Constantine who is fucking epic) post some Christian refutations
>>
>>594439
What books are there to BTFO him?

>>594440
Well you're just jealous of how hella epic he is
>>
There was a dark age. People got butthurt because of 'Eurocentrism' because the dark age wasnt across all of the former roman empire but scrubs like you took them to mean that there was no 'dark age' period.

Youre wrong. Your teacher is right.
>>
>>594447
No he's not. I know the "dark ages" had a flourishing of Christian knowledge
>>
>>594444

>Constantine
>Epic

He takes a hell of a long time to say nothing.
>>
>>594465
*tips fedora*
>>
>Caroline Resistance
>>
There was a dark age in western Europe between the fall of Rome and Charlemagne, thanks to lack of literary sources from the period and constant warfare created by the power vacuum. It however pretty much ended with Carolingian empire, so it doesn't encompass the entire medieval period like libcuck idiots love to believe.
>>
Who's Caroline and why did she resist?
>>
>>594489
It was the name of the empire that had a resistance that ended the dark ages
>>
>I know better than my history professor because I read /his/.
If you want to refute someone you must do your own research or you will make a fool of yourself and learn nothing.
>>
Just find some Irish scholar, they'll tell you all about the one time their island was relevant
>>
>>594509
Were they before the Caroline Resistance?
>>
>>594421
>people on his say it's not true
People here say that the idea that the whole medieval period was a "dark age" is not true
>>
>>594519
Yes, they sparked it by emigrating to Carolina
>>
EARLY MIDDLE AGES
>>
>>594509
I'm Irish. At the time we were basically a bunch of Celtic savages. The only civilization here and in Britain was limited to monasteries, which definitely were important centers of learning and produced some of the best art of their time (in Europe, at least). But the very fact that the greatest centers of learning in Western Europe consisted of a few tiny monasteries on the edge of the known world is basically proof that Dark Ages absolutely did exist, in the West at least.

I'm pretty sure OP's post is bait anyway.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.