[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I remember hearing the amazing stories from my anthropology profs
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: 123.jpg (1 MB, 1766x2354) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
1 MB, 1766x2354
I remember hearing the amazing stories from my anthropology profs about how Milton Friedman flew over Chile in a jet bought for him by Ronald Reagan, parachuted into the capital, and raged hard throughout the city, indiscriminately snapping the necks of every Chilean woman and child to cross his path of mayhem. Friedman's evil rampage prevented the nascent communist grassroots movement, which was almost as popular with the Chilean people as it was with American humanities professors, from reaching fruition. This was a tragedy of epic proportions because the command and control economy was about to usher in a new golden age of economic and sociopolitical utopia. While Friedman was finishing ripping the beating hearts out of the chests of old women and eating them as he quoted passages from Free to Choose, the Chilean people learned to never question the capitalist overlords from Chicago. Legends of the shock doctrine, the massacre of the innocents at the hands of Friedman, spread throughout Latin America to American campuses. When news of the story broke among sociology and gender studies departments there was a collective wail of morning and gnashing of teeth. The critical literary theorists had been unrelenting in their support of the burgeoning Soviet Union at the turn of the century, and they saw what wonders it had worked firsthand for the people of Russia. They felt that they had failed their Chilean brothers. Friedman eventually returned to Chicago from Chile, to return to his Hyde Park throne which was a living chair made from the bodies of welfare recipients, whom were forced to bear their weight of the Libertarian death machine day and night lest their families face the libertarian wrath that had been unleashed in Chile. Now Friedman is lionized by a coalition of Neo nazis, Jewish industrialists, and the religious right, to continue to keep our poor brothers and sisters downtrodden and controlled. Friedman can never die. He is always watching.

And waiting.
>>
>>590977

09. 11.

never forget
>>
P good senpai.

What are folks' thoughts on a negative income tax?
>>
>>590977
dubs for truth
>>
>>591027
Besides the fact that it would lead towards a massive budget crisis, it's against the basic principle of proportionality, as the burdens for every civilian should be equal
>>
>>591082

Explain your reasoning.
>>
File: 123.jpg (24 KB, 325x491) Image search: [Google]
123.jpg
24 KB, 325x491
First hand account of the massacres.
>>
>>592091
Goddamn, I hate that woman.
>>
>>592091
>economy collapses
>zen-like businesspeople see opportunity in disaster and catch the falling knife
>they are the first to start buying again and end the mayhem, turning an economic collapse into a healthy market correction
>OMG THEY BOUGHT UP TONS OF PROPERTIES FOR FIRESALE PRICES, FUKKEN CARPETBAGGERS
why do they hate us so
>>
>>592135

It is easy to take advantage of a situation like that when you already have capital ready to move. Most people don't, so the long-run benefits of an economic reorganization such as you saw in Chile or, say, the former Soviet satellites after the fall, accrue to individuals and organizations that are already well-off and capable of taking those kinds of 'risks'.

One reason for the resentment, at least.
>>
>>592122
shes a legend
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.