[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Please bring back ID's. It makes threads easier to read.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
File: 1445799664612.jpg (91 KB, 570x439) Image search: [Google]
1445799664612.jpg
91 KB, 570x439
Please bring back ID's.
It makes threads easier to read. It also prevents samefagging.
>>
>>5906
I second this motion
>>
>>5906
Thirding. Keep flags out, but bring IDs back.
>>
>>5906
samefagging is only a problem if you engage in petty shitposting rather than discussion

in short: fuck off /pol/
>>
>>6066
I mentioned samefagging as secondary for a reason.
Main reason is that it's easier to follow threads this way.
I get why flags are bad for the board, but what's your problem with ID's?
>>
/lit/ works really good without IDs. Maybe you should stop memeing and baiting less /pol/.
>>
>>6115
as the other poster said, many boards have functioned fine without flags or ids.
if you're truly hear for discussion, you'll get used to it. if you're here to shitpost memes and /pol/ drivel then you have a problem
>>
>>6290
>>6159
Sorry, I don't quite understand what ID's have to do with memes and shit?
I don't even post on /pol/.
I just think ID's make threads easier to follow, and it exactly prevents /pol/ drivel.
>>
>Boards starts off with IDs
HIRO REMOVE ID'S IT WILL MAKE THIS BOARD AWFUL
>Hiro removes IDs
BRING BACK IDS THERE WILL BE TOO MUCH SAMEFAGGING
>>
>>6354
IDs are made to identify one user correct? This is only really useful in discussions where it's a scoring contest, where people are trying to 'win' an argument rather than discuss and exchange viewpoints.
>>
>>6598
Well discussions ARE a contest in a way.
People present arguments and one with best arguments wins.
It's easier to follow discussions with ID's. It's easier to ignore shitposters.
What's your problem?
>>
>>6598

While I believe that ID's can be useful in certain circumstances for the identification and ignoring of particular trolls, I do agree that the fully anonymous nature without them does generally lead to less of an overall dick waving contest and better discussion. Pros and cons, really.
>>
>>6773
You're still anonymous though.
No one can draw conclusions from you ID.
I get no flags, but I really don't understand what's the problem with ID besides ''it would make discussion competitive''.
>>
>>6722
except it really isn't a competition. you are meant to present your point, back it up and listen to the other person.

a competitive discussion means you are only listening to the other so you can attack their point rather than (possibly) digesting any information they have given.

the goal of 'winning' usually means you ignore criticisms of your point that might be valid, much like a patriot will not acknowledge crimes committed by his country

I do agree with it being easier to ignore shitposters, but lack of IDs means less shitposters to begin with I think
>>
>>6427
It's only a few people asking for them. The polls we had in Hiro's thread showed that the majority was against them.

Personally, I'm against IDs. 100% anonymous posting makes it easier to look at the arguments, rather than at the people making them.
If you really want to samefag, there are ways to circumvent IDs. If you want to be identified, you can use a tripcode. Therefore, IDs don't really accomplish much, except for making discussions get more personal and competitive.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.