[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
As /his/torians, we tend to write a lot. What's your favorite
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5
File: download.jpg (4 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
4 KB, 225x225
As /his/torians, we tend to write a lot. What's your favorite writing utensil?

Pic related, my current fountain pen.
>>
Dragon Dictation to simply speak what I want to write, get a draft, then I do the rest at the computer.
>>
>>588386
I've seen commercials for that. How well does that software actually work? Does it have problems decoding your speech if you don't speak very clearly?
>>
Classy: Sanford Uniball Mircopoint
Regular: Pilot G2 Premium
Pencil: Ticonderoga #2 Soft
>>
I use a quill and ink, because im a true historian and superior to you in every way.
>>
>>588417
This.
>>
>>588417
>>588420
>not etching cuneiform into a tablet
gtfo poser plebs
>>
Whatever is to hand, honestly.
>>
File: image.png (126 KB, 375x253) Image search: [Google]
image.png
126 KB, 375x253
>>588449
>not speaking around the Gronk-Puh
>>
Free pens I happen to come across.
>>
File: parker 51.jpg (85 KB, 800x572) Image search: [Google]
parker 51.jpg
85 KB, 800x572
I'm not a historian, just a math student, but I do write a lot.

Favorite pen: Parker "51" Aerometric
Fancy pen: Mabie Todd blackbird, ultra flex point.
Preferred ballpoint: Tul GL3 medium point
Pencil: Anything that doesn't break easily and uses 0.05mm lead.

I have a few modern cartridge/fountain pens, a couple of cheap Heros I picked up in China for 10RMB, A Namiki vanishing point, and a Lamy cheapo.
My big issue is that with all these pens, something is just wrong with the feed/collector system where the ink just flows nonstop onto the paper, and the ink flow is uneven with too much flowering (even with fine inks and micropigments). I don't understand why the antique pens write better, but they just do.
>>
>>588524
> Mabie Todd blackbird

That's a mighty fine one, there
>>
>>588376
For pencil, I get these heavy, metal Papermate mechanical pencils from Walmart. They're really sturdy and feel good and write well. Best pencil I've ever written with.

I may go 30 dollars in on the Rotring 600 because I'm a big nerd. However, most of my writing is done on the computer.
http://www.penaddict.com/blog/2012/3/5/rotring-600-drafting-pencil-review.html

As for pens, Sharpie makes a great pen. I'm not as big on pens as I am pencils, mainly because mine get stolen or broken all the time. The pens I carry have to be all black, as per Army regulation. I buy really cheap pens, because they sit in the arm of my ACU jacket and most of the time will end up broken somehow.
>>
>>588457

Some day you will find a type of pen that fits perfectly in your hand, like a wizard finds a wand, and you will write for hours till the words and thoughts of your mind are exhausted.

Then you will have your pen, always and forever, and you will spend for your pen.

The best period of your life lies ahead of you, and you don't even know it yet. That makes me happy.
>>
>>588376
People still use mechanical writing instruments? I thought those got obsoleted years ago by something called a computer. Really, I can type 100 wpm on a keyboard, and significantly faster on a phone than by hand. I don't know why anyone would use a pen any longer ... it's such outdated crap.
>>
>>588376
>What's your favorite writing utensil?
Apple Extended II
>>
A 0.9 mm lead pencil
It's so fucking smooth holy shit.
>>
>>588959
2mm B > 0.9mm
>>
>>588965
>2mm B
>>
Keyboard.
My handwriting is terrible.
>>
>>588975
Staedtler Mars Technico you horrible cretin
>>
>>588621
Rotrings are a fucking meme, and not in a good way. $30 for an ordinary plastic pencil wrapped in a very nice looking metal exterior, with a tip that doesn't even retract so you can easily fuck it up and have to straighten it back out all the time.

Get a graphgear 1000, it works a million times better while still looking and feeling great and it's much cheaper. Seriously I had a Rotring 600 for a few months and it was nice and all but then I got the graphgear and instantly wanted to throw the Rotring in the trash.

>>588644
I think my perfect pen is my Lamy Al-star, it feels so good and it's beautiful and a Lamy F writes just right. I got a Lamy Studio for Christmas and I have to force myself to use it every once in a while since it was an expensive and thoughtful gift but honestly the Al-star just does it for me.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.