[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Alternate History
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 37
The last thread died so here's a new one. Post good looking althistory maps - I said good looking maps, so no Paradox game templates.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: Pick One.png (3 KB, 167x75) Image search: [Google]
Pick One.png
3 KB, 167x75
Before it's off to bed for me, I'd like anyone lurking or posting in here while I'm gone to look at the pic provided (it may be a bit small, so you'll have to zoom in) and tell me which one looks better. The first map is what's called a Munroized scheme (the same scheme you see in the maps above), with powers having their own colors, the influenced states having a lighter shade of the power and neutral states in white. The second one shows the lesser state's colors as well. So as I've said, I want some feedback on which one looks better on a map.
>>
>>587826
I've always heard it as Munroified, and I always liked it better than the other way. But hey, the experts on Ian's lovechild should know better.
>>
>>588769
Oh fuck, it's Munroified, you're right. Sorry, it was late for me.
I'm trying to get an opinion from laymen. I am registered on the forums but I think it's better to hear from people who aren't experienced in this so I can only hear about the aesthetic aspect.
Also, is there a name for the second style? I've never come across it, myself.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
1/2
>>
>>591223
2/2
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>587826
The one on the left looks way better
>>
>>595146
Thanks for your input.
>>
File: 1453000406104.png (324 KB, 1618x1138) Image search: [Google]
1453000406104.png
324 KB, 1618x1138
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
File: 设定3 (2).png (384 KB, 4500x2234) Image search: [Google]
设定3 (2).png
384 KB, 4500x2234
>Japanese empire in 80% of the modern scenario
>>
>>
>>596726
>Iceland
>not part of the scandinavian union
>>
>>598930
>The United Empire
Are you even trying?
>>
File: autism.png (418 KB, 1853x3466) Image search: [Google]
autism.png
418 KB, 1853x3466
r8
>>
>>599206
It's commonly referred to as "the empire" for political correctness since the celts, germans and slavs could't agree on a common term to call it....

Ok the was the one I made few years ago.
>>
>>599220
*that
>>
>>599193
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Outline_of_the_Post-War_New_World_Map
Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 37

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.