[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why aren't you a Baha'i yet /his/? :...is a monotheistic
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8
File: logo.jpg (32 KB, 483x461) Image search: [Google]
logo.jpg
32 KB, 483x461
Why aren't you a Baha'i yet /his/?

:...is a monotheistic religion which emphasizes the spiritual unity of all humankind.Three core principles establish a basis for Bahá'í teachings and doctrine: the unity of God, that there is only one God who is the source of all creation; the unity of religion, that all major religions have the same spiritual source and come from the same God; and the unity of humanity, that all humans have been created equal, coupled with the unity in diversity, that diversity of race and culture are seen as worthy of appreciation and acceptance. According to the Bahá'í Faith's teachings, the human purpose is to learn to know and to love God through such methods as prayer, reflection and being of service to humanity.

Why can't the Persians stop pumping out based religions?
>>
Is religious something you can really pick and choose? How absolute is a doctrine when you can just pick whatever suits you?
>>
1. god isn't real
2. the chain of events is too ludicrous to have any credibility: baha'i is islamic fanfiction -> islam is christian fanfiction -> christianity is jewish fanfiction -> judaism is sumerian fanfiction; but we finally got it right this time guys! the super duper real i 100% promise you this time he's genuine prophet of god is here, again, and he's in this insignificant part of the world, again
>>
>>584638
They all have a familiar base.. i.e. "don't be a dick". Where they (abrahamic or monotheistic) religions fail is through absolute rules.
>>
>>584652
1. You can't prove that, so stop stating it as a fact.
2. Baha'i, based on my understanding, is further from Islam than Christianity. The are slight similaries between it and Islam but that makes sense when you realize Iran's majority is Muslim and it makes it easier to convert.
>>
>>584658
invisible pink unicorns aren't real
>>
>>584671
Shill please go.
>>
>>584874
what? if you can prove to me that you can prove to me that invisible pink unicorns don't exist then i'll be willing to listen to your nonsense
>>
No, Christianity and Judaism and Islam are all fundamentally different religions, and so are all the other religions you named. To say they are all the same shows great ignorance toward all of these faiths.
>>
>>584621
>>584658
Because Bahaiullah's argument for why Muhammad's claim to be the seal of prophets is weak at best.
>>584923
They're all fundamentally the same religion. Judaism established a new firmament with every prophet and Christianity followed suit. Islam returned to the original firmament between God and Abraham.
>>
>>584621
>monotheistic religion
>emphasizes the spiritual unity of all humankind
>there is only one God who is the source of all creation
>all major religions have the same spiritual source and come from the same God
>unity of humanity, that all humans have been created equal, coupled with the unity in diversity, that diversity of race and culture are seen as worthy of appreciation and acceptance

Sorry was this meant to convert me or convinced me what a stupid wrong religion this is?
>>
>>584621
Sorry m8, Scientology is the only true religion.
>>
>>584652
don't forget the part with the other fanfictions:
>mormonism/protestantism/catholism/orthodox
nah, those are bad fanfictions
>>
>>584992
Christianity comes from Essenic Judaism, modern Judaism comes from Pharisaic Judaism. They share a common heritage, but there are not the same religion.

Islam has nothing to do with the original firmament, Abraham haggled with God and talked to him as a Trinity (Genesis 18). There is a huge difference between Islam and the covenant with Abraham, the latter was not nearly so legalistic.
>>
>>584911
BTFO'd
T
F
O
d
>>
>>584923
This. LE ABRAHAMIC UNITY is a stupid meme.
>>
>>584621
>is a monotheistic religion which emphasizes the spiritual unity of all humankind.
>and the unity of humanity, that all humans have been created equal
>God exists
For those three reasons.

I'd rather have Zoroastrianism and the sacred incest.
>>
Most religions have fundamental, irreconcilable differences. The whole "they all teach pretty much the same thing about love!" sounds pretty, but its clearly false to anyone who has an above layperson level of religious teaching.
>>
File: poor_b8_m8.png (117 KB, 680x528) Image search: [Google]
poor_b8_m8.png
117 KB, 680x528
>>584621
because it is an obvious Islamic heresy claiming to be a separate religion.
>>
>>584911
wow, clearly you're an intellectual and a person of great drive and personal conviction.

Going on a imageboard and demanding people convince you of beliefs you find utterly ridiculous definitely shows intelligence and a firm understanding of society and your place in it.

My word good sir, truly, using such an original argument to demonstrate your disdain and complete lack of respect for other people ideas, thoughts and indeed the belief structure under which they live does a suberb job of showing us the kind of superiority we're dealing with.

>>585224
>>584911
Oh wait no.

You're just a 12 year old regurgitating some tired old soundbyte from some pop atheist on the internet in an effort to seem like you're intellectual, savvy and altogether well read individual when in reality you're going on a board about humanities to push an absolutist scientific viewpoint to try and feel like less of a failure.

No one owes you any explanations about anything fuckwit.

Good day.
>>
>>587011
Shh, can you hear it? The sound of butthurt
>>
>>588789
>the sound of butthurt

it creeps up 10 hours later and revives dead threads with its whispers.
>>
>>585337
On a superficial level, absolutely, but the more you delve into mysticism/spiritualism, the more you see the commonality of the teachings. Sure, they might have different methods, but it truly feels like they're all pointing to a similar universal absolute.
>>
>>588789
No, really, if you still think Russell's Teapot is a legitimate argument against the existence of God then you have about a decade of intellectual maturing to do.
>>
>>584621
Ia it like Manicheanism: electric boogaloo?
>>
Jesus christ adding humanities to 4chan was a mistake
>>
>>588907
Please describe this "similar universal absolute" that they all share.
>>
>>588931
But it is. It perfectly illustrates the exact problem with pretending believing in god is just as rational as disbelieving in god.
>>
>>584923
Joseph Campbell would disagree that Christianity and Judaism are insepertabply different. And frankly he seems to understand what Christianity is more about than any of the orthodox faiths. Things like Catholicism, Protestantism and Orthodoxy are shallow forms of Christianity that take metaphors literally and are more concerned with the historical truth of events than their spiritual truth. Pro-tip if you believe that Christianity cannot be alive without Jesus's literal birth and death than you understand absolutely nothing.
>>
File: Bahai_Gardens_Haifa_2.jpg (749 KB, 1024x681) Image search: [Google]
Bahai_Gardens_Haifa_2.jpg
749 KB, 1024x681
Their central shrine or whatever looks really nice
>>
File: doH8i.jpg (331 KB, 5000x5000) Image search: [Google]
doH8i.jpg
331 KB, 5000x5000
>>589476
>You can be a Christian without believing in the literal resurrection.

I literally cringed.
>>
>>589484

Sure, religions are more cultural identifiers rather than something people literally believe.
>>
>>589484
So this is what I'm talking about. The modern Christianity we have is completely spiritually dead. They reduce the religion to beleiving in a few historical events. The beleif in a few hsitorical events: that Jesus was a real person, that he was born a virgin, that he performed miracles that he died. These carry more weight than any sort of spiritual or philosophical message. The so called Christian doesn't care about the message he cares about the vehicle of the message. If you tell a Christian that every word of the bible is a metaphor for how to understand life he says "Well than it doesn't mean anything" which ultimately shows the Christian isn't interested in understanding anything.

The so called Christians have ever right to be made fun of by fedoras. When religion is about whether a historical event did or did not happen than yes basic things like Russel's tea pot are a knock-out punch. If you actually want to save the religion from the storm of atheism you need to understand what religion is truly about, and it's not about whether or not about whether Jesus really performed miracles or was born a virgin.
>>
>>589502
Except people do literally believe in the resurrection. Easter isn't just for pretending.

>>589507
Okay, I can respect your spiritual view. But that's not Christianity, to be a Christian you must literally believe Jesus died and was resurrected. That is the keystone of all Christian belief, that Jesus conquered death thus proving his divinity.
>>
>>589519
>That is the keystone of all Christian belief, that Jesus conquered death thus proving his divinity.

And where is the spiritualism in this? Where are you involved in this? You are not Jesus, you are yourself. Whether some guy 2,000 years ago did some magic is utterly irrelevant to your entire life and has no bearing on modern society. The story of Jesus is completely meaningless unless you personally can follow him, unless you too can conquer death.

And no believing in Jesus is not how you conqueror death, that's a trap to keep you in your egg. The idea is that you do not need to grow up because Jesus is your proxy, the idea that you do not need to find a way to undo your sins because Jesus already did. Another dying in your place is an act of Paganism and a meaningless gesture.
>>
>>589569
The spiritualism in it is that Christ is master of the universe and nothing is impossible for him. Meaning that by following him and being righteous you too will achieve eternal life.

Where are you involved in this? In the following Christ bit, remember he died for OUR sins.

>. Whether some guy 2,000 years ago did some magic is utterly irrelevant to your entire life and has no bearing on modern society. The story of Jesus is completely meaningless unless you personally can follow him, unless you too can conquer death.
Okay if you think Jesus is meaningless why do you want to call your hoodoo spiritualism "Christianity" so bad?
>>
They have a pretty bad organisation structure
>>
>>589451
This is going to get a lot of negative responses, but essentially it's that we are God.
>>
>>589580
So where are you in this. It sounds like you are just a passive receiptment. You have problems in your life (sin) and you are utterly incapable of ever evolving as a person and fixing them. But fortunatly there is a celestial baby-sitter that can do anything he wants, so he will solve all your problems for you if you just acknowledge him.

Where's the spiritualism? What's your life?

>why do you want to call your hoodoo spiritualism "Christianity" so bad
Spiritualism is supposed to be a path of personal development, the "Christian" spiritualism isn't about that, its about believing certain events are history. There are many paths of spiritualism (mine I would say is not Christian).

What I am saying is that the modern Christianity is in no way spiritual. It's so spiritually barren that it's erected fortresses to try to prevent any spiritual growth from ever happening. In a way the attempt by modern atheists to destroy Christianity is exactly what the religion needs. The religion needs to be put in a crisis mode where it will either perish or rediscover it's purpose and become healthy again.
>>
>>584621
Because nobody actually believes in your superstitious fairy tales, OP.
>>
Bahá'í claims strict, unitarian monotheism that is incompatible with the religious symbols it adorns the outside of its places of worship with, some being polytheistic, others dualistic, others trinitarian monotheistic, others even atheistic.

Bahá'u'lláh had three wives but Bahá'í forbids polygamy.

Bahá'u'lláh claims to be the solution to all eschatologies of all manner of religions at the same time, i.e. 2nd coming of Christ, etc.

Bahá'í claims unity of religion but it forbids monasticism, ascetism, ritualism, clergy (yes), confession, pulpits, alcohol, head shaving, begging.

It also forbids personal interpretation, as only texts written by Bahá'u'lláh, as well as further interpretations by `Abdu'l-Bahá, and Shoghi Effendi, heads of the religion after Bahá'u'lláh's death, as well as legislation by the Universal House of Justice, are allowed.

Again, if people think a pope and a bunch of bishops determining what is good or what bad isn't a positive thing, there you will see that there isn't even a clergy, it is a form of hereditary oligarchy over all theology.

Bahá'í is the religion of money. That's how they get their massive funds:

- Huqúqu'lláh, the "Right of God", is a law which requires Bahá'ís to pay 19% of their surplus net-worth (i.e. those things that they do not need to live comfortably), after the discharge of all debts.

- If someone comes upon a treasure trove, one third of the treasure is the right of the discoverer, and the other two thirds is the right of the House of Justice. This law is designed for a future state of society and these matters are currently covered by the civil law of each country.

- Dead Bahá'í must be buried while wearing a ring bouth from the aforementioned oligarchic assholes.

Bahá'í claims to continue the diversity of culture, but it wants one religion, one language, one government, one education, one code of law, one parliament, one police, one currency. The New World Order is its very theology. Tower of Babel anyone?
>>
>>589645
>*ring bought

Jews think replacement theology in Christianity is bad, they even call it antisemitic.

What do you expect the believers of the many world religion when the latest bastard from the middle east comes and claims to replace them all? A replacement theology FOR ALL theologies?

Is it really surprising to you that these sons of bitches are being persecuted?
>>
>>589645
So wait a minute you are rejecting a religion because it values it's own texts more than others, says other religions are lesser in some way, tries to make social unity, and it can't conjure money out of thin air to pay for it's expenses?

Are you a fedora that just hates all religious or just some sort of hypocrtical Christain. Let me guess "tithing" totally doesn't count and Christians totally give equal weight to Islamic texts unlike those evil Ba'hi!
>>
>>589652
>A replacement theology FOR ALL theologies

Isn't that what Christianity and Islam did

"Hey you can stop being Jews know because we have a NEW religion which is the new theology for Judaism, evne though our theology contradicts the Torah. Also I'm going to invade some pagan/infedal lands and give them a choice between converting or dying. Be sure to tithe 10% and pay for your indulgence! Also all religions other than mine are lies!"
>>
>>584621

sounds like a new-agy version of islam

dont know if im the only one to notice this, but it would seem to me only religions that DO NOT believe in things like unity of humanity and equality and inclusion and other such universalities have a chance of getting along with others in the long run, the ones that do believe in all sorts of unity and equality and all things universal etc... usualy end up exterminating whole populations as soon as they grow strong enough

yes i know bahai dont do that often, they just arent strong enough
>>
>>589671
>can't conjure money out of thin air to pay for it's expenses
What expenses? It doesn't have a clergy to pay. Their places of worship contain nothing. It's a scam meant to enrich the prophet's family.

Meanwhile religious teachers in my faith get a fucking job, like everyone else.

>Are you a fedora that just hates all religious
Hating all religions descrive the Bahá'í perfectly, because if you don't hate a religion, you don't try to replace it by saying God's promise are over and you must convert, you leave it alone.

That is tolerance. That is diversity.

>>589675
Only it isn't limited to the Jewish revelation, prophecy or people, but it is a plan to supersede and eliminate all faiths including all ancestral religions.

"Your prophecies and eschatologies point to Bahá'u'lláh, always."

Even the Native Americans', of 89 different tribes - and how many languages and beliefs, I wonder...
>>
>>584621
We really do need a separate humanities board.
>>
>>589899
Why? The history and humanities threads seem to keep separate for the most part, I really see no need to splinter the community in two
>>
>>589896
>Prophet's Family

Nice try Mohammad Siddiq. The bloodline ended with Bahaullah's Grandson. The money goes to support Baha'i infrastructure and social programs in over 150 countries.
>>
>>589896
>because if you don't hate a religion, you don't try to replace it by saying God's promise are over and you must convert, you leave it alone

Are you literally retarded?

Religion and spirituality follow endless paths. It requires continual growth. That's why every religion is an improved version of the other.

Unfortunately, humanity is growing far too quickly for God to keep up.
>>
>>589569
That would be the Protestant view, basically Christ does everything and nothing we do can be sinless anyway, so we shouldn't try to.
Traditional Christianity is about reaching sanctification with the help of the Church. All its resources would ideally be guided towards this, so all that stuff Protestants call as papist like confession.
>>
>>591423
Furthermore, it's a VOLUNTARY payment. Jews contribute voluntarily to advance their agenda, whatever it may be. Muslims help finance terrorism through donations, and Christians can literally erase themselves of sin by donating. What are those funds used for? Building more churches that people dont go to? Paying the clergy that sexually abuses children?

Google tells me they help fund their infrastructure and socioeconomic reforms over 150 countries.

I'll take their word over yours
>>
>>591479
>Paying the clergy that sexually abuses children
>Christians can literally erase themselves of sin by donating

Fucking fedora. The clergy are FORGIVEN for their sex crimes by the church. They payed for it so they are innocent. Stop being so judgmental. God's forgiven them why can't you? At least they believe in Jesus. A child molester can go to heaven if he repents but an atheist will suffer for eternity.
>>
>>591507
>A child molester can go to heaven if he repents but an atheist (who has done good all his life) will suffer for eternity.

Summed it up pretty well for yourself there mate
>>
File: Bait.jpg (16 KB, 308x308) Image search: [Google]
Bait.jpg
16 KB, 308x308
>>591507
I'm not falling for this one, friendo.
>>
>>584621
cuz its kufr
>>
File: 1450980879994.jpg (300 KB, 634x646) Image search: [Google]
1450980879994.jpg
300 KB, 634x646
>>584621
Because I think Mohammad was an immoral person who started a shit tier religion. I'm not going to believe that he was actually inspired by an all loving god.
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.