[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who is the most badass god in the greek mythology? My vote is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9
File: 12334654623324.jpg (206 KB, 800x1064) Image search: [Google]
12334654623324.jpg
206 KB, 800x1064
Who is the most badass god in the greek mythology? My vote is for Ares, either him or one of his sons, Deimos or Phobos.
>>
>>581994

I like his daughter, Eris.

The Ares family was the zaniest family desu.
>>
Zeus cucked everyone
>>
File: Mattei_Athena_Louvre_Ma530.jpg (3 MB, 2425x3675) Image search: [Google]
Mattei_Athena_Louvre_Ma530.jpg
3 MB, 2425x3675
>>581994
>My vote is for Ares
http://www.theoi.com/Olympios/AresMyths2.html
>>
>>581994
Dionysus was a top lad
>>
Most badasses were not Olympian Gods, the Titans is where the baddassery lies, it's even in their names.

Sons of Crios, to be specific:
Pallas - Titan god of War. His wife was Oceanid, Styx, their children include Kratos (the actual one), Nike, and two others.
Perses - Titan god of Destruction. His wife was Eurybia (descendant of Gaia and Pontus, so not exactly Titan), who were related with necromancy. Hekate is their daughter.

Ares had tendency to be absent during battles against Giants, and was a moron, while Athene had the smarts, while being typical Greek goddess (in other words: massive cunt).
>>
>>581994
Who's the greek counterpart to Terminus?
Because my vote goes to that guy
>>
>>582127

Latin (Sabine) addition to the hellenic mythos.

Also Primordial Deities > Personifications > Cthonic Deities > Titans > Olympians >> > >> Oceanic Deities
>>
Does Heracles count?
>>
>>582172
it's a demigod so not really

Odysseus was more badass anyway
>>
I'd say Athena was the most badass Greek god by virtue of being a warrior, a genius, and a woman at the same time in Greek culture, and managed to be just about the only deity that wasn't completely evil.
>>
>>582291
>and managed to be just about the only deity that wasn't completely evil.
Persephona was pretty good, and Hades was much better than Athena, by virtue of never turning people into flowers or flying people alive, while only once only feeling mint towards not his wife. Persephona turned the nymph, named Minte, into mint plant.
>>
>>581994
I only just noticed this now, but is his helmet supposed to look like an erect, exposed penis? And looking at it even more closely, is the crest supposed to be ejaculation?!
>>
>>582364
Nice projection
>>
>>582291
>the only deity that wasn't completely evil.
Who is Arachne?
>>
>>581994
D I O M E D E S
I
O
M
E
D
E
S
>>
>>582391

A saucy little slut who doesn't know her place in the grand scheme of things.
>>
>>582415
Athena pls go
>>
File: Ares makes a visit in WW1.jpg (85 KB, 925x727) Image search: [Google]
Ares makes a visit in WW1.jpg
85 KB, 925x727
>>
>>582391
>>582346
Comparatively I mean. Hades and Persephone don't fucking do anything, I'm talking about Greek gods that interfere in the world, and as far as Athena goes, she's the only one who, though a stretch, could be labelled "good," in contrast to the big ones like Ares, Zeus, Hera, Aphrodite, etc whose main characteristics are doing as much harm to humanity as possible.
>>
>>582510
The worst thing Hephestus ever did was try to rape Athena once but didn't really hurt humans. And Hermes (for the most part) limited himself to dickish things against other deities when Zeus ordered it but wasn't evil to humans.
>>
>>581994
>My vote is for Ares

He got absolutely roasted by Athena in the Iliad, why would he ever be on top?
>>
>>582088

desu

he was the only mortal to take on the mantle of full godhood, with the possible exception of Hercules
>>
>>582291
>the only deity that wasn't completely evil

um, Hephaestus? Demeter? Hermes? Aphrodite? Hades?
>>
>>582743
Aphrodite was pretty devious though, she even cucked Hephaestus with Ares
>>
>>581994
>ares

ares was a fucking faggot, he wasn't like mars.

hermes was the best
>>
>>582593
>Hermes (for the most part) limited himself to dickish things against other deities

the king of bantz for sure

>>582748

that's just what females do.
>>
Prometheus is the only correct answer

>>581994
>literally gets btfo by diomedes/athene
pleb choice

>>582172
Of course. He was considered a deity by the greeks.

>>582229
>le demigod meme
kek

>odysseus was more badass anyway
utter kek
>>
>>582760
>Prometheus
>Hercules

don't count, and Prometheus is a Titan.

We're talking about the Big 12 here, forget the minor powers.
>>
>>582772
I'm well aware that Prometheus is a Titan, must have missed it when OP confined the discussion to Olympian deities.
>>
>>582229
>odysseus was more badass
did Odysseus fuck 500 women and punch out death itself? Hercules was so strong he could beat up concepts.
>>
Pan.
>>
>>582784

>Hercules was so strong

Strength =/= Badassness

Reminder that Odysseus was just some dude who had a CHA score of 22 and prestige skill in Bluff and basically just fucked with Poseidon himself for 20 years.

Honorable mention.
>>
>>582797

The only god with the stones to straight fucking die.
>>
>>582743
Aphrodite wasn't as prone to fucking with mortals for "insulting" her as Athena was, but she still did from time to time. Psyche is an example, who she tormented for the "crime" of other people thinking the mortal woman was more beautiful than her.
>>
>>582394
This.
>>
>>582918

>tormented for the "crime" of other people thinking the mortal woman was more beautiful than her

Women.
>>
>>582748

She is quite literally the godess of sex. Of course she fucked everyone else around her. What else did he expect her to do?
>>
File: 1453290586296.jpg (183 KB, 656x437) Image search: [Google]
1453290586296.jpg
183 KB, 656x437
>>581994
Heracles literally slapped his shit up
>>
>>583007
Her aspect of sexuality comes second to her aspect of love, and I doubt cucking your husband constitutes love
>>
>>583050
She never liked her husband hera kinda forced married her to the gimp black Smith to keep her from getting Zuesed
>>
>>583053
So that justifies her breaking her cult's most important oath?
>>
>>583060
>Implying the greek gods werent flawed
>Implying they gave a single fuck
>Implying most of the myths is about one or the other fucking up in a major way
>>
>>583073
We were literally arguing that Aphrodite wasn't a cruel goddess and you're basically admitting that she was a bitch?
>>
>>583081
Yes she was a bitch
Look at a lot of her myths or ways she cucked her husband or whole Trojan war incident
>>
File: hermes-image1.jpg (126 KB, 522x398) Image search: [Google]
hermes-image1.jpg
126 KB, 522x398
It's Hermes, OP. It's always been Hermes. It's always gonna be Hermes.
>>
>>583050
Love, yes, but an extremely fickle love. Even when she wasn't actively being a bitch, she would still fuck things up by playing matchmaker without regard for consequences (which could be dire) because she just couldn't help herself.

If you want to get down to it, the only really nice god by both ancient and modern understandings is Hestia, and that's mostly because she just kept to herself and helped with the hearth in the home, and even then I'm sure there is some story representing what happens when a hearth fire accidentally turns into a house fire. Every other deity requires some amount of hand wringing or qualification about how they're just doing a job or only a dick under limited circumstances. That's just what the conception of a deity was until it got refined.
>>
>>582772
both were immortalized as gods within the stories of Heracles. for Prometheus it's shoertly after Heracles frees him during one of his Twelve Labours. for Heracles it happened at the end of hos life after guest starring in various epics - both extant and lost - since then. Zeus carries him to Olympus along with his wife Hebe.

so i'd say either two of these gods would be the most bad-ass aling with Dionysus as a contestant for dying every year, dying three other times in the myths including being eaten alive for the last one, and not only always coming back but seemingly stronger each time from it and without being fucked up. his weapon of choice: inflicting madness or letting people get eaten by maenads. but only if you yurt his people or attempt to threaten others' rights and liberties
>>
>>583241
sorry for the typos. thats a little embarrassing but srsly look it up
>>
Athena is a jealous bitch. She's the worst.
>>
File: aphrodite being a best.png (678 KB, 662x1932) Image search: [Google]
aphrodite being a best.png
678 KB, 662x1932
>>
>>584653
isn't that like literally the one good thing she did
>>
>>581994
>Who is the most badass god in the greek mythology?
The White Goddess, the universal maid, mother, crone who births, fucks, kills and eats the sacred king.
>>
File: Bacchusbycaravaggio.jpg (91 KB, 712x815) Image search: [Google]
Bacchusbycaravaggio.jpg
91 KB, 712x815
Praise Dionysus lads.

He's got the right idea on how to live.
>>
>>582394
CAPTAIN DIOMEDES
AND COMMANDER BOREALE
>>
>>584745
mirin delts
>>
>>581994
Hermes
He's the personification of mètis, there's nothing he can't overcome or acquire.
>>
>>582748
Hephaestus is the smith god, ugly as fuck
>no swag
>>
>>581994
Ares got BTFO by Diomedes, a mortal.
>>
>>581994
Does he even bench?
>>
>>581994
Completely unrelated but whatever happened to Erebus?
Hesiod just says he spawned the other primordial deities and then he just disappears, isn't killed by his son like his other successors
>>
Ares was considered to be cowardly by the time Athena's cult rose to prominence
>>
The one with an erection that lasted way more than four hours.
>>
>>582731
>mantle
Where does this word come from, historically? Is it often that someone acheives godhood and is mantling that achievement? Honestly I've only heard of it in a video game.
>>
>>586137
>man·tle
>A loose sleeveless cloak or shawl, worn especially by women.
>From Latin mantellum; meaning cloak
Basically means to take up the god's clothes
>>
>>582391
A girl who hanged herself out of shame for losing a weaving contest to Athena. Athena then felt sorry for her and turned her into a spider so she could spin beautifully.
>>
>>582454
Please to meet you, hope you guess my name!
>>
>>586194
>only my version of the myth is correct, everything else is wrong lalala
I always thought you were a fag Constantine
>>
>>586181
Huh, guess I thought the word was cooler than it actually was. Thanks though
>>
>>584653
The proof that waifufaggotry existed since ancient times.
>3dpd? I prefer my marble waifu, thanks.
>>
>>582725
Athena also kicked Poseidon's ass for control of Athens, so yeah Athena is best
>>
File: K11.11Hermes.jpg (47 KB, 340x533) Image search: [Google]
K11.11Hermes.jpg
47 KB, 340x533
>>581994
>Who is the most badass god in the greek mythology?
Hermes

God of
>getting money
>banter
>being good at things
>not giving a fuck
>having statues with dicks on them

The OG psycho-pimp
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.