[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How to claim land?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: Mine.jpg (41 KB, 444x336) Image search: [Google]
Mine.jpg
41 KB, 444x336
Hey /his/,

when I saw that pic, I questioned myself, how that scene would play out today? Let´s say, me and my friends come across a isle noone has ever laid hands on and nobody claims it...how could we claim it for our own? Surely we would have to follow some "legal" line, and I don´t think waving around a flag and telling some nearby birds that we claim it for ourself would be enough.

I heard that "urbanizing" it would bring us a deal, is there any source on that?
>>
>>581446
There's a famous aboriginal film about the claim over babakew plaz
>>
>>581446
Be first on land
and if you're not
kill the locals if you're stronger than them.
Then you're "First"
>>
File: land.jpg (37 KB, 406x315) Image search: [Google]
land.jpg
37 KB, 406x315
>>581446
>>
>>581446
You can claim any land you want, you just need overwhelminh force. You want land? Go to Syria or Iraq with some buddies to fight "isis" after you push back Isis, then congratz, you own some land! now you need to maintain it.
>>
>>581446
You just stay there and defend it. If no nation owns the island then their laws don't apply there, so there's no written or official ownership of the island and its in no one's interest to protect the soil.

To make it official you'd either need the international community to acknowledge your claim on the island (as an independent nation) or you could simply petition to join an existing nation.
>>
>I don´t think waving around a flag and telling some nearby birds that we claim it for ourself would be enough.
that's pretty much how it works
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.