[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The crusades
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
Who was the best leader of the 1st crusade and why is it Bohemond?
>Mfw Stephen of blois runs away during the winter but his wife bitches him into joining the crusade of 1101 aka the bitch crusade to make up for it.

Daily reminder that the Byzantines pretty much deserved everything bad that happened to them, dishonest craven allies who used the crusaders like pawns then turn tail and abandon them at their finest hour. Did a single greek even participate in the crusade? Alexios sent like 1500 soldiers with the crusaders and they were in the rear guarding his guides and never actually participated in battles.

I hope everyone on /his/ understands knows that the 4th crusaders literally did nothing wrong, the Byzantines are just horrible at keeping their promises and keep getting backhanded by karma.
>>
>>579583
Byzantines were cool, but I'm a Veniceboo
>>
>>579583
>why is it Bohemond?

You mean the guy who risked the entire first Crusade at Antioch just so he could get his way and acquire some land?
>>
>>579597
Who routed the muslim armies and had all his shit together?
Who took Antioch?
Who said "fuck that shit" when the Emperor strongarmed everyone else into a bitch oath?
Yeah thats right, Bohemond.
>>
>>579597
>Risk
Did you expect them to go around it and leave it in the hands of the enemy?
>>
>>579607
>>579606
He had people willing to betray the city quite early during the siege and then promptly told the rest of the crusader leaders he was only going to use them if they allowed him to have the city when it was taken. Next few weeks the army spent starving outside the gates with muslim reliving armies incoming until the other leaders finally gave in.

He actually jeopardized the entire crusade for his own gain.
>>
>>579620
Yeah but in the end everything turned out alright and he raped said armies coming at them. Fucks sake he routed the first army with just 700 knights and then lead the breakout at the counter siege and wrecked them again.

He more than made up for it, when you weigh the pros and cons Bohemond still comes out as THE best leader of the 1st crusade.
>>
>>579634
If even 700, my memory is fuzzy, he didn't have many and still managed to rout a +10K army.
>>
File: Adhemar_of_Le_Puy.png (262 KB, 600x513) Image search: [Google]
Adhemar_of_Le_Puy.png
262 KB, 600x513
>It wasn't Raymond

Full pleb.
>>
>>579706
>Circlejerking a piece of iron
What did this guy even do now again, other than being rich and at the crusade.
>>
>>579583
Yeah and then he ended his life as a pet cuck for the Byzantines
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.