[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why do humanities scholars have the same dumb ideological reasoning
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3
File: kultur.jpg (554 KB, 700x959) Image search: [Google]
kultur.jpg
554 KB, 700x959
Why do humanities scholars have the same dumb ideological reasoning as a 18 year old communist (Noam Chomsky politics tier) although having tons of knowledge on their concrete area of studies?
>>
>>821831
Can someone explain this image to me
>>
>>821831

I can try. It's a symbolic portrayal of America that's probably a little more telling of the artist than it is the United States.

The top left is a distracting record. The top right big nosed(jewish) patriarchs hiding behind their money.

The women are portrayals of glorified women. The head is a symbol of the Ku Klux Klan. Holding a noose and a club to beat the drum with a tommy gun one arm of a politician the other of a criminal.

A jewish flag where the crotch should be. One leg is obviously a missile attached to some kind of faucet (oil?) and the other leg is defining beauty standards.

The drawing screams "America is some crazy giant monster coming to FUCK our SHIT UP HARD".
>>
>>821898
>america
>having a real culture
Pick one and only one... that's prety much what it means
>>
>>821921

I love this meme.

Keep watching our television and consuming our culture till you die of obesity.
>>
>>821831

Why does OP think that everyone is as ignorant as he is?
>>
>>821898
Seems to be Danish or Norwegian.

>USA will save Europes culture from destruction
>With what right?

As in what right to they have coming here? Burgefags get out reeeeee
>>
>>821921
>America has no culture
I'm not American and even I know this is stupid
>>
>>821930
So Euros have always been salty about American domination?
interesting
>>
File: Entartete_musik_poster.jpg (43 KB, 271x389) Image search: [Google]
Entartete_musik_poster.jpg
43 KB, 271x389
>>821898

It's a reproduction of a Norwegian nazi propaganda poster. The sign at the bottom says "U.S.A. will preserve European culture" then next to it "With what, right?"

Nazism was big on the preservation of culture they saw as being under attack by communists, jews, etc. America was an example of what happens when culture is corrupted and turned against itself.

The banning of and jazz and swing music as "negermusik" is probably the most famous example.

'Swing Kids' is an alright movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRk9xhFCTEQ

Okay, it was a stupid movie but I liked it.
>>
File: murderincphotog2.gif (66 KB, 576x379) Image search: [Google]
murderincphotog2.gif
66 KB, 576x379
>>821960

The 3rd arm with the prison stripes and holding a Tommy gun is a reference to gangsters, organized crime and the prohibition era were famous at the time and used often in propaganda. Stories about American soldiers being gangsters enlisted as an alternative to jail.

Especially true with the bomber crews who would sometimes be labeled as 'luft gangsters' or 'terror flyers' as a way to ignore their PoW rights, basically allowing for terrorist/partisan treatment.

Many stories of American airmen bailing out over Germany only to be killed by civilians who believed this and were upset at the RAF's indiscriminate carpet bombing. In fact it was common practice to let civilians find crews first or to transport recently downed crews through bombed out areas so that they would be lynched by the mob. Even one case of a German doctor taking the skull of a dead airmen, boiling it, and keeping it as a trophy, something most people don't think happened outside of the Pacific.

Pic related is a famous example and publicized as proof of the claims. Ironically he was a brand new crewman and shot down before he ever fly in "Murder Inc."
>>
>>821998

Everything else is pretty straight forward.

Vanity, racism, corruption through capitalism, exploitation of blacks, Jew-controlled...

I'm assuming that's a mason apron at the bottom. Not sure what the boxing glove is supposed to mean, uncivilized/brutish I guess.
>>
>>821831
>Why do humanities scholars have the same dumb ideological reasoning as a 18 year old communist (Noam Chomsky politics tier) although having tons of knowledge on their concrete area of studies?

In my experience you're describing 90% of academics. If you've ever been around them or have them in you're family I think you'd agree. 'Eccentric' is a polite way of saying it. Especially those who have never worked in the real money economy and have just transitioned from student to phd candidate, to professor or researcher.
>>
>>822018
It means they're still Der Buttmad about Schmelling.
>>
>>821927
I just explained the poster in a way 4channers woukd understand... also, no thanks... I hate TV and my own country has way better food
>>
>>821928
Wut m8
>>
>>821927
>>821946
He's quoting the poster you fucking cunts. Burgerman from burger land here.
>>
OP here: pic related was a propaganda poster by a northern Europe fascist party pre WW2. The monster is intended to represent the US and its "degenerate" culture: jazz music, vinyls, slutty misses, mafia (tommy gun), zionism, KKK, jail full of blacks, capitalism and militarism. It ain't got shit to do with my question tho, I just thought it was funny bullshit.
>>
>>822018
We liked our boxing bareknuckled... and it's a jewish sign (the mason thing) I think
>>
>>822035
Yeah, I guess that's a big reason. But fuck, I neither ever worked in real economy but I can see how comfy, fake and lazy is all that "elite controls politics, media and economy, we just sheeps" babble.
>>
>>821898
It's from the new Gundam
OP probably just opened the wrong image
>>
>>821950
Euros are salty about everything man
>>
>>822136
Gundam Maxter looks really weird in this reboot.
>>
>>822035
this desu
>>
>>821831
Are you implying Noam Chomsky is a communist? Because then you sort of answered your own question.
>>
>>821831

Studying human praxis from the past in depth widens the context of your reference beyond the dumb memes that fill up The Daily Mail, Fox and the corporate media. You see that these memes are omit a historical context and blames disempowered outgroups for systemic and structural problems.

Plus if you and your /pol/ friends decide not to apply yourselves to study, because of the muh cultural marxism meme, then that creates a selection bias over a number of years as senior academics are comprised of those that applied themselves to studying something in depth, becoming an authority on their subject.
>>
>>821831
>troll question
>image more interesting than the post
0/10 thread. Poorly planned. Would not bump.
>>
>>822700
All that projection...
>>
>>822682
Nah, he's even more naive than marxism.
>>
>>822700
I thought you had to be smart to be in the intelligentsia until I realized what Communism was: a vast academic conspiracy to give government jobs to the poor.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.