[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Were you born in the Age of Exploration, which course and/or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4
File: 1447418650396.jpg (1 MB, 3226x2371) Image search: [Google]
1447418650396.jpg
1 MB, 3226x2371
Were you born in the Age of Exploration, which course and/or education would you pursue?
>>
>>576645
>going outside
>>
>>576666 [CHECKED]
Either into the Empty Quarter or the American frontier.
Reaching the Poles were the true golden age of exploration, but I ain't dealing with all that ice and shit.
>>
>>576674
I honestly dont think I'd do any exploration at all.
I am into history, and have spare money, but I never traveled to see Rome or Vienna or Istanbul, despite being near them.
I can go visit any of the old european towns for the weekend, and choose not to, for years now.

I like lazy history. Sitting at home in front of the PC history, or reading in bed history.
Not exploration, and not going outside. There are bears outside. And immigrants.
>>
>>576645
>>576666
>>576674
>>576681
You all would have been born poor, a large proportion of you would have died before age 5, the rest of you would have lived in slavery, serfdom or the most servile forms of proto-proletarian labour.

Enjoy the diseases and probably being unable to wed.
>>
>>576695
Joke's on you, I am not able to wed even now.
>>
>>576702
Yeah, but you don't do any labour.
>>
>>576725
Posting from my office, actually.
>>
>>576730
Yay, capitalism.
>>
>>576695
>born poor
check
>proto-proletarian labour
check
>unable to wed
check
>diseases
check
>>
>>576695
>>576725
>>576734
Why do communist have to shit up every thread without any sort of personal experience or knowledge.
>>
>>576695
>be poor
>sign up to the VOC as a mercenary
>start as a decksweep and work my way up
>get to sail to South Africa, India, East Indies, Far East
>end up a captain and retire to the Oriƫnt as an administrator
>>
>>576816
I'll cite Hammond & Hammond Town Labourer
>>
>>576816
hes right you delusional noble wanabe

>muh romanitc fantasies about a previous age
>>
>>576966
realistic version
>be poor
>start as a decksweep
>either die or work till death as a decksweep
>still poor
>>
File: njai.jpg (72 KB, 736x515) Image search: [Google]
njai.jpg
72 KB, 736x515
>>576966
Would you take this njai as your mistress?
>>
>>576816
Because they're inferior untermenschen. It's true that they would've been worthless peasants had they been born 200 years ago, just like they are worthless NEETs today.
>>
>>576988
>IN THE PAST EVERYTHING WAS SHIT UNTIL LORD MARX SHOWED US THE WAY

Commies, everyone.
>>
>>576999
>>577008
>praise of capitalism
>goddamn marxists attacking feudalism.
>>
>>577036
>everyone worked a field until their death by execution at the hands of a bored 3rd son of nobility
>>
>>577036
>trust me, I'm a rabid GoT fan so I know a lot about feudalism
>>
>>577084
>>577089
Go read Banaji History as Theory
>>
>>577119
>google the guy
>he's a rabid marxist
How about no?
>>
>>577127
Well I'm sorry you're not informed about feudalism.
>>
>>577128
>I'm sorry you're not informed about the ass retarded theories about feudalism formulated 150 years ago by a jew who lived in his mom's basement
FTFY
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (46 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
46 KB, 480x360
I'd plow those fields like a motherfucker.
>>
File: scurvy and floggings.png (172 KB, 684x864) Image search: [Google]
scurvy and floggings.png
172 KB, 684x864
I'm comfy here, right now.
>>
>>576645
Id fight side by side with fucking Cortes and Pizzaro. This is the only correct answer.
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.