[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why was this defence not accepted at Nürnberger Trials? After
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3
File: JustFollowingOrders.jpg (52 KB, 500x738) Image search: [Google]
JustFollowingOrders.jpg
52 KB, 500x738
Why was this defence not accepted at Nürnberger Trials?
After all, if you disobeyed orders in nazi military, you would get executed, and somebody else would obey these orders, meaning you died for nothing.
>>
>After all, if you disobeyed orders in nazi military, you would get executed,
Nope. This has been proven many, many times to not be the case.
>>
>>576000
>Why was this defence not accepted at Nürnberger Trials?

1. "JUST FOLLOWING ORDERS" IS NOT A JUSTIFICATION FOR ANYTHING.

2. THE "NUREMBERG TRIALS" WERE A FARCE.
>>
>>576000
Because it was a show trial, a kangaroo court, a phoney hearing.
>>
>>576004
Wait, so if you are in hostile territory and your commander orders you to execute a jewish familiy, and you say "nah, I dont feel like it", this wont have any consequences for you?
>>
>>576015
Your commander would probably scorn you, maybe demote you, and get somebody else to do it. Can you imagine what a horrid drain on manpower there would be if officers were just shooting their soldiers for not following orders?
>>
>>576015
Of course there will be consequences. The standard one was:
"OK, you're digging latrines instead."
Worst one was
"OK, you're going to have to go do some actual soldiering."

Jew Murder Squad was the ideal assignment
1) No one shooting at you.
2) It's so easy, even the retards in the SS can do it.
3) Ample opportunities to engage in looting
4) Feel free to be drunk at 2 in the afternoon, on duty.

All of this while Germany suffered from incredibly severe manpower shortages. You think they were willing to lose more manpower because you weren't interested in an assignment 90% of soldiers would take?
>>
>>576015
didn't for multiple generals/armies in multiple places
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erwin_Rommel
a big one who refused to shoot jews right here
>"Rommel is regarded as having been a humane and professional officer.[4] His Afrika Korps was never accused of war crimes, and Allied soldiers captured during his Africa campaign were reported to have been treated humanely.[5] Orders to kill Jewish soldiers, civilians and captured commandos were ignored.[6]"
>>
>>576025
>>576029
are you implying only special SS murder squads killed civilians and the normal Wehrmacht dindu nuffin?
>>
>>576050
No. The fact that I said 'It's so easy, even the retards in the SS can do it' implies I'm talking about the Wehrmacht.

Where would you draw this guess from?
>>
>>576050
>your commander would probably scorn you, maybe demote you, and get somebody else to do it

>an assignment 90% of soldiers would take

Can you even read
>>
>>576056
Do you have any source on that?
I find it hard to believe that disobeying direct orders of your commander would have so little consequences
>>
>>576069
Ordinary Men: Reserve Police Battalion 101 and the Final Solution in Poland

This is pretty much the KEY book to read on this subject.
>>
>>576069
Why wouldn't it? Orders aren't meant to be entrusted duties, they're just things that need to be done. If one soldier doesn't do it, then they'll get another one to. It's only in cases where there are no alternatives, and a commander has to have a task completed, usually being in a combat situation, when he would resort to threatening and killing his own soldiers.

The Wehrmacht and even the SS weren't all soulless drones. Plenty of soldiers didn't have the stomach to mindlessly kill civilians. Hundreds of thousands, probably. If you were in charge of the army, would you be willing to lose all those soldiers purely for that reason?
>>
>>576080
Wehraboos don't know about the Police Battalion studies.
>>
File: 1452603318345.jpg (110 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1452603318345.jpg
110 KB, 1920x1080
>>576004
>Nope. This has been proven many, many times to not be the case.
yeah, but he still believed that he would be executed and he had no means to prove the contrary.
>>
>>576025
>Can you imagine what a horrid drain on manpower there would be if officers were just
accepting that soldiers disobey after the soliders see that their superiors are lenient ?
>>
>>576127
Wehraboos don't know about jack shit.

>>576131
What would lead him to this conclusion?
>>
>>576139
>Wehraboos don't know about jack shit.
Word.
>>
>>576131
That's nice. Plenty of soldiers dug latrines instead.
>>
A King may move a man, a father may claim a son, but remember that even when those who move you be Kings, or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God, you cannot say, "But I was told by others to do thus." Or that, "Virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that.
>>
>>576025
ask the soviets how well this works
>>
File: v13n3p-4_Staff3.jpg (2 MB, 5192x3894) Image search: [Google]
v13n3p-4_Staff3.jpg
2 MB, 5192x3894
>>576000
Germany lost the war, their cities burned, their women where gangraped by the red army.

They paid for their crimes the only way warcrimes should be paid for, in blood and tears.
>>
>>576231
But who will rape the old men?
>>
>>576009
/thread

I love how the historians gloss over the hypocrisy of Soviet judges that cut their teeth in the show trials passing judgement on Nazi officials for "war crimes"
>>
>>576253
Turks.
>>
>>576279
Uh, the Soviet judges were fine. It was the British judges who were fucked. Have you even read transcript?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.