[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why most of third world countries are in the Tropic of Capricorn?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2
File: 5sxnrzmm-1402634947.jpg (151 KB, 1534x912) Image search: [Google]
5sxnrzmm-1402634947.jpg
151 KB, 1534x912
Why most of third world countries are in the Tropic of Capricorn? Is it the hot climate that influence people?
>>
in these regions the bananas grow abundant

the bushman can simply pick up the banana and dont think about tomorrow he has no natural enemies and only eats the bananas while white man is battlign the frost inventing the wheel + aryan technology

white superiorty in my opinion desu
>>
>>575527
>geographic determinism.

Go read Wallerstein on world systems
>>
Warm climate favors the development of life.
In a single Brazilian tree, you will find more insect species than you can have in all of Europe. In warm climate, resources are plentiful and thus life is easy.
Cold climate is related to less life essential resources. It's simply harder to survive there.
Cold climate, therefore, favors the development of intelligence and other skills. You'll need to learn how to use tools, the envorinment and, more importantly, your mind, to survive.
So now we have a tropical area where there is no natural selection for smarter individuals.
In the colder areas, there's natural selection for smarter individuals.
Smarter people, more developed societies.
Dumber people, less developed socities.
That's how Europe and North Asia got more developed than Africa and South Asia by hundreds of years in difference in the first steps of civilization.
This, however, does not explain anything past anything circa 2000 or maybe 1000 before Christ. After that, it's just consequence of that initial natural selection for human genes.
Also it doesn't explain how the southern cone and south africa are just that better than the rest of africa and south america. Australia is also an exception.
That's because of colonization.
>>
Stable, hot climate makes reliance on agriculture a lot safer than industrialization. This means that plantations were a basis of economy in a lot of these countries.

The plantation system thrives on a large uneducated populace with low mobility.
>>
>>575527
It's complicated, but one of the primary factors is jelly fish population.
>>
>>575527
I would rather live in Southeast Asia than in China or Central Asia.

Also, >>>/int/
Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.