[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How do Catholics deal with the fact that the Church murdered
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10
File: 2013-05-24-pope-wins.png (47 KB, 742x739) Image search: [Google]
2013-05-24-pope-wins.png
47 KB, 742x739
How do Catholics deal with the fact that the Church murdered protestants? I'm pretty sure all Catholics today think that's immoral, but the Pope is supposed to be infallible. Do they think it was right to kill heretics at the time but not now?
>>
File: 1452656885925.jpg (430 KB, 1784x1024) Image search: [Google]
1452656885925.jpg
430 KB, 1784x1024
>le pope is infallible may may xDD
Confirmed for not knowing dick about theology or the Church's history in general.

The Pope is only infallible when speaking ex cathedra, this is the only time the Holy Spirit will not allow him to say a heresy. Ex cathedra has only been used a handful of times in the Church's history, and none of them were used to condemn Protestants.

That said, I'm glad they burned them. Proddies are heretical fucks who completely rewrite Scripture to serve their own purposes. It's a shame the Church is too neutered to have a good old human barbecue again like the good ol' days.
>>
>>570913
The Roman Church was the creation of the Babylonian Brotherhood and the Pope still wears a mitre shaped like a fish head to symbolize Nimrod.

The Chair of St. Peter in the Vatican was claimed to be a holy relic, but in 1968 it was exposed by a scientific commission as being no older than the 9th century. More significantly, according to the Catholic Encyclopaedia, is that it is decorated by twelve plates portraying the twelve labours of Hercules.

Hercules was another name for Nirmod before becoming a deity of the Greeks.

In 1825, Pope Leo XII authorized the production of a jubilee medal and it depicted a woman in a pose that was blatant symbolism of Queen Semiramis. She had a crucifix in her left hand, a cup in her right and on her head was a seven raved crown like the one on the Statue of Liberty, another depiction of Semiramis which was given to New York by French Freemasons.
>>
File: you.png (306 KB, 249x238) Image search: [Google]
you.png
306 KB, 249x238
>>570938
>>
>>570938
>The Roman Church was the creation of the Babylonian Brotherhood and the Pope still wears a mitre shaped like a fish head to symbolize Nimrod.
>Nimrod

Dagon, you fucking tart. If you're going to spout nonsense from Chick Tracts, at least get it right.

>The Chair of St. Peter in the Vatican was claimed to be a holy relic, but in 1968 it was exposed by a scientific commission as being no older than the 9th century
And who says relics need to be ONLY from the time of Christ? Do you know NOTHING about how relics work in Catholicism? I can get a 3rd class relic of Saint Padre Pio EASILY by touching a piece of cloth to his tomb and he died in 1968. Not what I'd call "ancient."

>More significantly, according to the Catholic Encyclopaedia, is that it is decorated by twelve plates portraying the twelve labours of Hercules
What Catholic Encyclopedia? And you sure it's not just the 12 Diciples and your conflating that to Hercules just to slander the church?

>Hercules was another name for Nirmod before becoming a deity of the Greeks
Pretty sure linguistics bites that in the ass.

>In 1825, Pope Leo XII authorized the production of a jubilee medal and it depicted a woman in a pose that was blatant symbolism of Queen Semiramis. She had a crucifix in her left hand, a cup in her right and on her head was a seven raved crown like the one on the Statue of Liberty, another depiction of Semiramis which was given to New York by French Freemasons.

All right, post it. Because that's probably not Queen Silmarillion or whatever you said and is probably the Mystic Rose, the Star of the Sea, the Ark of the Covenant and the Theotokos herself, Mary.
>>
>>570938
Hislop was a retard.
>>
Nimrod, who was born on December 25th, the High Sabbath of Babylon, was the founder of Babylon and the city of Nineveh. In the history of mankind, Nimrod stands unequalled for his symbolism of evil and Satanic practices. He is credited for having founded Freemasonry and for building the legendary Tower of Babel, in defiance of God's will.

Ever since the time of Nimrod, Babylon has been the symbol of depravity and lust. Nimrod also introduced the practice of genocide to the world. His grandfather, Ham, having consorted with other races, and brought children of mixed race into the world, was persuaded by his consort, the evil Naamah, to practice ritual murder and cannibalism. She informed Ham that by killing and eating fair-skinned people, his descendants could regain their superior qualities. Throughout the ensuing centuries, the fair-skinned descendants of Shem, Noah's oldest son, have ritually been slaughtered by the darker descendants of Ham and Nimrod, in the world's most persistent campaign of racial and religious persecution. Not only did Nimrod kill and eat the fair-skinned descendants of Shem, in his fury and hatred he often burned them alive.

The ancient Greek historian, Diodorus, reports that Queen Semiramis erected a 130-foot obelisk in Babylon and it was associated with sun worship and represented the phallus of the sun god Baal or Nimrod. Some Masonic researchers say that the word 'obelisk' literally means 'Baal's shaft' or 'Baal's organ of reproduction'.
>>
>>571219
I know this is all shit, but it's super interesting nevertheless.
>>
File: cute shitposting.jpg (284 KB, 1200x565) Image search: [Google]
cute shitposting.jpg
284 KB, 1200x565
>>570843
Papal infallibility is not a passive trait of the papacy but a power that can be exercised by the office of the papacy and has been done 2-3 times in history.

>>570913
Don't insult people trying to fucking learn and ask questions, Anon.
>>
File: image.gif (493 KB, 450x324) Image search: [Google]
image.gif
493 KB, 450x324
>>571219
>pic related: you
>>
>>571226
actually, it´s been exercised a lot more times, just like when deciding which councils are ecumenical and the like
>>
File: image.jpg (32 KB, 206x159) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32 KB, 206x159
>>571226
>Papal infallibility is not a passive trait of the papacy but a power that can be exercised by the office of the papacy and has been done 2-3 times in history.
What were those instances? I'd like to know for refuting Protestant claims that papal infallibility means the Pope is sinless. Because there were some reeeeeally assholish Popes and we don't consider them sinless at all.

>pic related one of them that ISN'T a particular Spaniard known for a particular chestnut banquet
>>
The four beasts Daniel saw in vision in Daniel 7, papal Rome inherited from each of these pagan empires some of their basic identifying traits that we still see practiced in this modern day false system of religion, the Roman Catholic Church. From Babylon, the lion the papacy inherited a pagan priesthood; from Medo-Persia, the bear sun worship; from Greece, the leopard human philosophies; and from the dragon, Pagan Rome, its power, seat and great authority. As stated in Rev. 13:2 the mixing of these pagan ideas of the Roman catholic church had its onset from the very beginning. From this Simon Magus who was well versed in all of these abominable doctrines and false system of worship created the early Catholic Church. These abominably doctrines can be traced back to the very beginning through Simon Magus.
>>
>>571157
Did your priest touch you
>>
I don't understand your point anon, it IS ok to kill heretics now.
>>
>>571219
Nimrod was the great grandson of Noah dumbass
>>
>>571258
Well they the Roman Empire the geek and blylon
>>
>>571283
That is not a sentence anon.
>>
File: image.jpg (48 KB, 490x424) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48 KB, 490x424
>>571269
>making jokes about the sex abuse scandals

No. Just.. No. That's not funny and your attempt at wit is heinous.
>>
>>571290
Speaking as a catholic, it is funny. Maybe you have your head too far up your ass. Other websites might be more of your liking if you feel the need to dictate what is allowed to be made fun of and what is not.
>>
>>571298
>>571290
Dude I'm just take some ideas form my man Frankie Boyle
>>
File: Calm the fuck down.jpg (11 KB, 240x200) Image search: [Google]
Calm the fuck down.jpg
11 KB, 240x200
>>571253
Magisterial decisions != Papal infallibility

Church authority comes about from both the papacy and the magisterium.

>>571255

>Catholic theologians agree that both Pope Pius IX's 1854 definition of the dogma of the Immaculate Conception of Mary and Pope Pius XII's 1950 definition of the dogma of the Assumption of Mary are instances of papal infallibility, a fact confirmed by the Church's magisterium.

Historians would assert there are more instances of this in the papal encyclicals but these are just examples of them asserting what is already doctrine authoritatively rather than establishing doctrine through their encyclical.

I know some theologians don't mention the mention of the dogma itself as a statement ex cathedra, though I don't know why they leave it out.
>>
>>570843
How do Protestants deal with the fact that they are anti science and kill people?

How about that one time they deliberately mistranslate the Bible in India and Sri Lanka?
>>
>>570938
This guy...

It's true, the Bible where they come into all kinds of problems with Babylonian and captivity, in to which they were taken over by them, and the church beggining the with Romans... the people who shouldn't have taken over Jesus' teachings did.

Catholics, Protestants, 7 day Adventists, Episcopal, find a church you like or just read the new Testament and take it with understanding.

Compare Pharisees to modern day church (not all churches), some churches do help us get back into the habit and conscious of God
>>
How do protestants deal with the fact their theology has no support in early christianity, sola scriptura has been blown out decisively a long time ago, and history has shown that without tradition Christianity is basically dead.
>>
christians on this board are so fucking cringy
>>
>>571234
love that anime
>>
>>571271
This
>>
>>570843
To be honest, protestants were not all innocents who were happy and all. Some of them were violent and backed their faith with muskets and pikes.

I live in France and it's hilarious how the King "fought" against protestants. I mean, Richelieu slaughtered the protestant city of La Rochelle... By using ships bought to the protestant dutchs.
>>
>>571320
Thomas Aquinas literally advocated murdering heretics.

Still would you count the No salvation outside the church deceleration by Boniface to be an ex Cathedra one?
>>
>>570913
Why doesn't the Pope always speak ex cathedra?
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.