[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are the modern day Egyptians decended from Ancient Egyptians
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: EGPTSOSOSFAR.jpg (145 KB, 810x856) Image search: [Google]
EGPTSOSOSFAR.jpg
145 KB, 810x856
>>
Arab conquerors. By the time the Arabs showed up in Egypt no remnants, besides the monuments, of Ancient Egypt remained
>>
>>570283
I must have missed that time the Ptolemies genocided all their Egyptian subjects.
>>
>>570283
What happened to them?
>>
what a silly image, I hope you dont plan on using than in an argument
>>
>>570273

they're arabised copts.

coptic is the descendant of the old pharonic language.

it's a bit like the turkification of anatolia or the anglo-saxon conquest of england and the scots lowlands. basically, a bunch of conquerors come in, and gradually people start to speak their language and ape their mores.

coptic stayed on as the language of the coptic church, but it made more sense for even christians to speak arabic in daily life, since everyone else was.
>>
Ancient Egyptians
"conqueror" just means they conquered and not replaced
>>
>>570273
It's all binaries with you, uh?
>>
>>570294
They fled to America, became slave again.
>>
>>570337

Let me get this straight

>So first they were conquered by the Greeks.
>A lot fled to west africa to escape genocide
>Then by the romans
>Even more fled to west africa
>then by the arabs
>ancient egyptians ceased to exist in egypt
>then they were captured and brought to america as slaves
>>
>>570273
According to genetic studies, modern Egyptians are actually remarkably close to ancient Egyptians.
>>
>>570466
Sauce that study senpai
>>
>>570466
We don't have any ancient Egyptian autosomal DNA to my knowledge. Anthropologically, there's continuity which hints at some genetic continuity but that's still a bit too broad. Still, I'm not sure which migration would have had that much of an influence on Egypt but more surprising things have happened. Also, the Copts were the only ones with some ties to ancient Egypt since they managed to preserve the language in some ways.

Unsurprisingly ancient Egyptians anthropologically are more closely related to other North Africans and Western Eurasians than sub-Saharan Africans.

I can't wait for ancient DNA from those areas.
>>
Ancient Egyptians

Barely 4,000 arabs even came here

We shunted a bunch of our bedouin"brothers" to Nubia for being annoying goatfuckers
>>
>>570273
WE WUZ KANGS MY NIGGA
>>
File: megachad1.jpg (186 KB, 480x490) Image search: [Google]
megachad1.jpg
186 KB, 480x490
>>570273
It's worse than 4000 miles of desert, it is 4000 miles of desert and practically a Sea.
>>
>>570581

Mummies don't count as ancient egyptian DNA?
>>
The cost related population would be modern day Cyrenica libyans and modern Egyptians. Egyptian and Greek texts described them as having orangish skin and wavy to straight black hair
>>
>>570273
Get your Black Athena West African BULLSHIT outa my board
>>
>>570273
Modern Egyptians are actually greek colonists who come after alexander had conquered egypt. The real egyptians had moved to the steppes where they would later come back and conquer the greeks
>>
someone explain that map
>>
>>572276
What the fuck
>>
WE
>>
>>572298
No
>>
>>572276
this man knows
>>
File: Fayum-portrait.jpg (238 KB, 886x1139) Image search: [Google]
Fayum-portrait.jpg
238 KB, 886x1139
>>570273
They are descendent from Ancient Egyptians. Some became Christian and some later became Islamic. There was no genocide of Ancient Egytians and there was no great migration of Arabs into Egypt. Now, for the love of god can we stop having this deiscussion?
>>
>>572300
>>572298

WUZN'T
>>
>>572298
WUZ
>>
is this kind of what ancient egyptians looked like?
>>
>>573557

its kind of what egiptians still look like if youre gonna handpick the most atractive female examples
>>
Modern day egyptians are just arab invaders. Copts are what's left of ancient Egypt and they are in the process of getting killed by the arabs
>>
Copts are basically the result of indigenous ancient Egyptians racemixing with their Greek conquerors.

Black people were around during ancient Egypt, but they were mostly slaves from Nubia.
>>
>>573489
This picture isn't really a good example of an Ancient Egyptian, though. These are Greco-Egyptians.
>>
>>573596
No
>>
>>571944
Oh sure let's use the mummies of royalty as representative of all Ancient Egyptian society. as if society has never developed into strata.
>>
>>570273
Clearly the Arab conquerors because if they descended from Ancient Egyptians they would all be black
>>
>>573522
KANGZ
>>
>>570273
I think I read somewhere that all Egyptians are mixed, with the three most significant ancestries being ancient Egyptians, Arabs, and other north African groups. The Copts are believed to be the least mixed and more closely related to ancient Egyptians.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.