[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
There have been good and bad depictions of the greatest men and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10
File: iskandar!.jpg (128 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
iskandar!.jpg
128 KB, 1280x720
There have been good and bad depictions of the greatest men and women the human race has ever managed to produce.
What movie/series has your favorite depiction of a historical Figure?

I'll start

>Fate/Zero
>Alexander the Great as Iskandar the Conqueror

I feel that it does an excellent job of bringing him to life as a believable character while still bringing to life the legendary king who left his mark on history (pic related)
>>
>>567706
>Gilgamesh
>Look like a snownig
>King Arthur
>Look like a snownig
Why do Nippon believe in Nordicist memes?
>>
File: 1402298135876.jpg (503 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
1402298135876.jpg
503 KB, 1920x1080
Will always be Caesar and Antony to me.
>>
File: historie-2347503.jpg (156 KB, 800x1129) Image search: [Google]
historie-2347503.jpg
156 KB, 800x1129
Historie is the only really interesting historical manga I've read, that is actually interesting for the historical material. The portrayal of Eumenes is pretty awesome, if a bit mary sue.
>>
>>567750
Tell me about it. Gilgamesh literally looks like a bishonen fag.
>>
>>567706
This and Stay Night [Unlimited Blade Works] had good visuals and fights, but were otherwise unwatchable garbage.

Iskandar got better as Zero went, but was still a meh-tier character even by the poor standards of the series.
>>
File: Laughter.gif (161 KB, 160x185) Image search: [Google]
Laughter.gif
161 KB, 160x185
>>567750
>>569723
>>569791

>mfw this turned into a fate hate thread
>>
>>567706
Literally JUST finished watching this garbage fucking show

Only good thing in it was my husbando Lancer. Retarded ass ending tbqh.
>>
>>570364
It was a prequel. It had its mentally retarded half brother of a series Fate/StayNight to pander to in regards to it's ending.
>>
>>567750
Gilgamesh was described as a beautiful man.Guess what is more beautiful nowadays, a bearded middle eastern bear or blond otter mode guy. You should be glad fate series made a whole Japanese generation like history.

>>570364
>Lancer
>Good
Enjoy ranking E luck faggot.
>>
>>567706
williams' portrayal of augustus won a national book award for a reason. some of the best historical fiction i've read
>>
>>570364
Sabre was more likable in both series than either of the Lancers were.

Even then, the only good character in the second was Tōsaka, just barely... she got progressively less likable as it went. They squandered all opportunities to make Sabre good by omitting all references to her experience in Zero (outside of like, 2 comments by Gilgamesh).

The first (Zero) had only Sabre, but Iskandar and Kiritsugu were at various times decent as well... but dat ending totally ruined Kiritsugu while Iskandar's final moments were some of his best.

>>570401
>It was a prequel. It had its mentally retarded half brother of a series Fate/StayNight to pander to in regards to it's ending.
Which is funny, because Zero was in all ways superior to StayNight if you ignore the ending. StayNight was maybe the most tedious and annoying thing I've watched in 2015, and the only way to watch the Archer/Shiro exchanges and fights is on mute.
>>
File: 1392348428310.gif (2 MB, 389x279) Image search: [Google]
1392348428310.gif
2 MB, 389x279
>>567706
>Fate/Zero
>>
>>570530
>You should be glad fate series made a whole Japanese generation like history.
Except for the part where Gilgamesh and hardly anyone else depicted in Type-Moon shit is history. Learn the difference between myth and history, it could save your life.
>>
Reign: The Conqueror

That is all.
>>
>>570960
Actually many historians believe Gilgamesh actually existed. Obviously not as depicted in his epic, but someone by that name lived as inspiration.
>>
Hey, OP here. Wondering why this thread got so hooked up on Fate/Zero.
>>
>>571477
Fate's cool.
>>
OP, you should watch an anime called Kingdom. It portrays the unification of china under Qin Shi Huang.
>>
>>571519
Forgot to mention, the CGI can be shitty in the first season cuz the budget was low.
>>
>>567706
>historical portrayals
>no Sengoku Basara
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGCrfQ2Nofc
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT9X0cB6x2E
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gt7tIHE_pAM
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QfmijD2XaqM
It's like yalll don't even want to PSYCHE UP and PARTY
>>
File: tumblr_n656xz9hNk1rwwg5mo1_500.gif (2 MB, 500x268) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n656xz9hNk1rwwg5mo1_500.gif
2 MB, 500x268
>>571986
>>
File: 19656935.jpg (29 KB, 252x260) Image search: [Google]
19656935.jpg
29 KB, 252x260
>>570530
>He doesn't like Handsome Middle Eastern men
Take a load of this homo
>>
>>567750
>king arthur was not a snownig
we don't know much about king arthur so he may have not have been a cavalryman from the steppes, right about girugamesh though
>>
>>572083
>King Arthur existed
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.