[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>England hasn't been ruled from a foreign city since
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6
File: m8ee.png (48 KB, 500x282) Image search: [Google]
m8ee.png
48 KB, 500x282
>England hasn't been ruled from a foreign city since the 5th century

Can any other nation claim such a prestigious accolade?
>>
Good thing you didn't write "England hasn't been ruled by a foreign monarch."
>>
>>565564
>What is the Glorious Revolution
The "Evul Catholic Paddy" made you prep the Dutch Bull out of fear and name your cuckening "Glorious"
>>
>>565564
Thailand, perhaps? I'm not sure since I haven't really studied Thai history, but their independence made them pretty much the Ethiopia of SE Asia during the late 19th and early 20th century. I gues you could say they were ruled by Tokyo as a puppet during WW2 but they were still a sovereign state.
Nepal also I guess, although very much influenced by the Brits they still had control over their own country
>>
>>565564
>Brussels
>>
File: Angevin Empire.png (75 KB, 286x555) Image search: [Google]
Angevin Empire.png
75 KB, 286x555
>>565564
So are you trying to claim Anjou is English clay or what?
>>
>>565619
France is rightful UK clay
UK is also rightful French clay
>>
>>565619
I forgot about this one. Yes, William I and William II considered England to be their prize. Only the third king, Henry I changed that and made it the most improtant part of his kingdom.
>>
>>565635
After him, Richie hardly ever bothered setting foot in England.
>>
>>565655
Henry II wasn't a very English king either.
>>
>>565655
If only he could speak English. I think Edward I was the first truly "naturalised" English non-Anglo-Saxon king. He even had an Anglo-Saxon name.
Tudors were Welsh, Stuarts were Scottish, William III was Dutch and then they chose Germans even though they had like 40th best claim to the throne. It was the third one (George III) who finally dropped the foreign accent.
>>
File: 1446111624796.jpg (575 KB, 1205x1032) Image search: [Google]
1446111624796.jpg
575 KB, 1205x1032
>>565564
> Sweden hasn't been ruled from a foreign city since times immemorial
>>
>>565619
>So are you trying to claim Anjou is English clay or what?
>I don't understand feudal government and the concept of demense
>>
>>565761
>I don't understand gouvernement or the concept of courts
>>
>>565619
Geoffrey Plantagenet has one of the most interesting histories.

Count of Anjou. Married Matilda. Matilda was 11 years older than he was. So, both disliked the marriage.
Matilda even more so. She used to be married to a powerful Holy Roman Emperor that was 16 years older than she was. Then, she became a widow and had to marry a 15 years old count because her father wanted peace with Anjou.

They managed to have some kids together and then spent as little time with each other as possible when they had enough sons.

He managed to reconquer Normandy for his son and raised him as a good Norman boy, because he knew Matilda's inheritance was better than his. Also, even if they hated each other, in a way, he worked well with Matilda.
>>
Technically England is a colony of France.

>get raped by Normans
>the official/upper class language is French for years
>the national anthem has French origins
>>
>>565717
>Mecca is in Sweden
t. Swede

>>565564
So I guess Rouen wasn't French from the 300's AD?
>>
>>566173
If we're gonna meme it up, no nation on earth haven't been ruled from Baile Átha Cliath.
>>
>>565601
>Burma
>>
>>565564
>what is Washington, D.C.
>>
File: 2a.jpg (143 KB, 511x1003) Image search: [Google]
2a.jpg
143 KB, 511x1003
>>565564
Instead they have foreign dudes rule over them from London
>>
>>566668
>William III
>Scot

Wut? That was the dutch guy who conquered Great Britain.
>>
>>566668
>Oliver Cromwell
>Stewart
>Scot
>>
>>565564
China, Japan?
>>
Except all the early Plantagenet kings ruled their domains from France. And England didn't even exist in the 5th century. What you said does apply to France though for example.

Shit thread all in all.
>>
>>565564

Only 1 country has touched the moon in all human history.
>>
>>566726
/thread
>>
>>566726
Only 1 person has touched your dick in all human history.
>>
>>566684
>>566696
>Cherrypicking the two fags who didnt have any dynasty in a pic about dynasties
>>
>>566734
Yeah, yer mum
>>
>>565688
I would argue Henry IV or V since they were the first kings who used English as their native tongue and used it as the official language at court.
>>
>>566837
>Cherrypicking
You do understand how demonstrating that a source is wrong in some points indicates that it is generally untrustworthy?
>>
>>565564
what is brussels

what is EU
>>
>>566668

>Richard III
>French

literally what
>>
>>565564
France.

Vichy is not a foreign city.
>>
>>568103

>Paris
>ruled by Vichy
>>
>>565717
Denmark tho
>>
>>568103
Vichy was a Nazi puppet state in South France.

The rest of France was administered by Nazi Germany.
>>
>>565564
But your ruled by a foreign city right now, Washington
>>
>>566726
wait, didn't the chinese and indians send rovers to the moon as well?
>>
>>568784
>>
>>568797
>rovers

Rovers count on Mars because that's all there have been, but for the Moon you need too get boots on the ground to count
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.