[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does mysticism belong here, or in /x/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: saintteresaofavila.jpg (36 KB, 280x395) Image search: [Google]
saintteresaofavila.jpg
36 KB, 280x395
Does mysticism belong here, or in /x/?
>>
>>817203
no idea, but you better post prophecies. This one from the 1600s

The Fifth Church Age started in 1520 and will end in 2038

"The fifth (Church age) period is one of affliction, desolation, humiliation and poverty for the (Catholic) Church. Jesus Christ will purify His people through cruel wars, famines, plagues, epidemics, and other horrible calamities. He will also afflict the Latin Church with many heresies. It is a period of defections, calamities, and exterminations. Those Christians who survive the sword, plague, and famines will be few on earth. Nations will fight against nations, and will be decimated by internecine (characterized by great slaughter) dissensions. Are we not to fear during this period that the Mohammedans will come again, working out their sinister schemes against the Latin Church?"2 "During the fifth period, we see only calamities and devastation, oppression of Catholics by tyrants and heretics, executions of kings, and conspiracies to set up republics"3 "A great lament will come over all mankind and only a small batch will survive the storm, the pestilence and horror."4

At the end of this fifth Church age, humanity will have no choice
but to go back to living directly off the land.

A remnant of people will be left on the earth at that time,
mostly from the Catholic Faith."
>>
>>817217
The Sixth Church Age will start in 2038; ending in about 345 years
Of the sixth Church age: "The Powerful Monarch, who will be sent by God, will uproot every republic. He will submit everything to his authority, and he will show great zeal for the true Church of Christ. The empire of the Mohammedans will be broken up, and this Monarch will reign in the East as well as in the West. All nations will come to worship God in the true Catholic and Roman faith. There will be many Saints and Doctors of the Church on earth. Peace will reign over the whole earth because God will bind Satan for a number of years until the days of the Son of Perdition. No one will be able to pervert the word of God since, during the sixth period, there will be an Ecumenical council which will be the greatest of all councils. By the grace of God, the power of the Great Monarch, the authority of the Holy pontiff, and the union of all the most devout princes, atheism and every heresy will be banished from the earth. The Council will define the true sense of Holy Scripture, and this will be believed and accepted by everyone." 5 "The Great Monarch of the world will create new laws for the new mankind and will cause a new age to begin, in which there will be only one flock and one Shepherd, and peace will be of long, long duration, for the glory of God in heaven and earth..."6
>>
>>817217
>>817225

Source?
>>
>>817235
Bartholomew Holzhauser
>>
>>817225
>The empire of the Mohammedans will be broken up, and this Monarch will reign in the East as well as in the West.
>tfw you will live to see the Powerful Monarch rek Muslims
Truly, the greatest time to be alive
>>
>>817225
>No one will be able to pervert the word of God since, during the sixth period, there will be an Ecumenical council which will be the greatest of all councils.

Hmm, the Third Nicene Council between the Catholics and the Orthodox is set for 2025. If they have to postpone it by a decade or so...
>>
File: Christian mysticism.jpg (367 KB, 888x1224) Image search: [Google]
Christian mysticism.jpg
367 KB, 888x1224
>>
>>817259
it is a prophecy made in the 1600s. Up to 50 years imprecision I would still consider it good enough.
>>
>>817203
>>>/x/
Unless you're talking about its historicity or scientific authenticity, etc.
>>
>>817296
/his/ is a board for religion. Mysticism is a part of religion
>>
>>817301
hahahaha, no. It's for history, religion is an unfortunate part of that but by no means is religion by itself for this board.

Prophecies, however, are set mystic timings relating to history. thats about as close as mysticism should get on this board.

and of course what >>817296 said.
>>
>>817314
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
>religion
Read the fucking sticky
>>
>>817296
>>817203
It probably should go in /x/, but /x/ fucking hates Christianity. /x/ hates anything to do with the Abrahamic religions.

On the other hand, if Hiro-kun swung his dick around and said that religious stuff should go in /x/ the board would be swamped with Christians and Muslims and Buddhists. All the paranormal posters would be wiped out.
>>
>>817314
>>817317
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, religion,

Well, I'm gonna be a man and admit i was clearly in the wrong. then yes, i'd say mysticism does go here.
>>
>>817326
>I'm gonna be a man and admit i was clearly in the wrong
holy shit what just happened
>>
>>817203
/lit/ accepts it pretty well
>>
>>817264
Could I get that compressed more, I don't have much space on my hard drive.
>>
>>817326
>>817317
>>817317
>>817314
>>817301
>>817296
>>
Who here actually partakes in mystic practices (either Eastern or Western)?

Meditation, prayer, etc.
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.