[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Obviously Jesus was a scumbag but did he deserve this?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6
File: Crucifixion-of-Jesus1920.jpg (495 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Crucifixion-of-Jesus1920.jpg
495 KB, 1920x1080
Obviously Jesus was a scumbag but did he deserve this?
>>
Isn't this exactly what he wanted?
>>
>>805264

Only in Christian meme theology, obviously the real Jesus didn't want to be crucified.
>>
>>805321

>19 Jesus answered them, “Destroy this temple, and I will raise it again in three days.”

>20 They replied, “It has taken forty-six years to build this temple, and you are going to raise it in three days?” 21 But the temple he had spoken of was his body. 22 After he was raised from the dead, his disciples recalled what he had said. Then they believed the scripture and the words that Jesus had spoken.

Seems a legit explanation, honest! It turned out Jesus wasn't talking about the actual temple he was talking about his body, he wanted to be killed!!!
>>
Jesus didn't actually rise from the dead. He was the founder of atheism because God literally died on the cross. God exists now only in the love of men for one another.
>>
>>805346
Slavoj Ziveck is that you?
>>
>millions of people were tortured and killed throughout history
>somehow only HE did for our sins

Pretty disrespectful desu senpai
>>
He rebelled against fucking Romans he had it coming.
>>
>>805264
Yes, and conspired to make happen.

Jesus came to earth to die; He is the Lamb of God, Who takes away the sins of the world.

His physical sufferings were the least of His sufferings that day.
>>
>>805342
Yes, and crucified, not stoned to death, and on the Passover, and not on any other day. All of these things were done to fulfill prophecy.
>>
>>805346
If God be dead, then love be dead, and mankind has no love of its own.
>>
>>805365
The Romans acquitted Him of any wrongdoing.
>>
>>805362
Nobody suffered as much as Jesus, ever. Nobody had the capacity to suffer as much as Jesus. When He took your sins onto Himself, He suffered from those sins, then He suffered the wrath of God on those sins, then He paid the death penalty for your sins, so that you might live.

He paid a debt He did not owe, because you owe a debt you cannot pay.
>>
>>805369

There's no part of the prophecy that said the Messiah would be crucified and killed like a faggot, that is Christian post hoc distortion.
>>
>>805369
>prophecy

>>805375
Well the account of his conviction in the bible is obviously just made up to satisfy the narrative it wants to tell anyway.

>>805382
Fourth servant song is frequently used as a source for that.
But the translation and interpretation by Christians is skewed to favor the crucifixion narrative.
>>
>>805382
Except of course that there was, made centuries before crucifixion was even invented:

Prophesied:
“Dogs have surrounded Me; a band of evildoers have encircled me; they have pierced My hands and My feet…” (Psa. 22:16).

Fulfilled:
“And they crucified Him” (Mark 15:25). “Then the other disciples said to him, ‘We
have seen the Lord!’ But he said to them, ‘If I do not see the nail marks in His hands, and put my finger into the nail marks, and put my hand into His side, I will not believe at all!’ Now after
eight days, His disciples were within, and Thomas with them. After the doors were shut, Jesus came and stood in the midst, and said, ‘Peace to you.’ Then He said to Thomas, ‘Bring forth your finger, and see My hands; and bring forth your hand, and put it into My side; and be not unbelieving, but believing’ ” (John 20:25-27).
>>
>>805405
I see. And by what authority do you change what is written in the bible?
>>
>>805379
Like I said, very disrespectful to all other people who have gone through the same shit and persecution. In terms of sheer pain, there are some very nasty torture/execution methods that rival crucifixion. Jesus was probably a stand up guy, but he didn't suffer so much more just because he became the basis for your religion.
>>
>>805437

And again, nobody has ever gone through what Jesus went through.

Nobody was ever part of the Trinity, and then not part of the Trinity.

Jesus is not like you. You didn't exist, your parents conceived you, and you were born.

Jesus created the universe, and then became one of us thousands of years later, so that He could pay the price of your rebellion against God. That price is eternal death, something you cannot afford.

So yes, the person with the infinite capacity for suffering suffers more than the finite person who goes into shock and dies.
>>
>>805252
>bracers
when will this meme die
>>
>>805414

You must be joking.

That Psalm is blatantly about someone being attacked by dogs and lions.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Psalm+22&version=ESV
>>
>>805451
The dogs and lions were the animals the Roman troops stationed there were represented by.

Psalm 22:1,7,8,16,17,18 (NIV):

1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me? Why are you so far from saving me, so far from the words of my groaning?

7 All who see me mock me; they hurl insults, shaking their heads:

8 "He trusts in the LORD ; let the LORD rescue him. Let him deliver him, since he delights in him."

16 Dogs have surrounded me; a band of evil men has encircled me, they have pierced my hands and my feet.

17 I can count all my bones; people stare and gloat over me.

18 They divide my garments among them and cast lots for my clothing.

Zechariah 12:10 (NIV):

"And I will pour out on the house of David and the inhabitants of Jerusalem a spirit of grace and supplication. They will look on me, the one they have pierced, and they will mourn for him as one mourns for an only child, and grieve bitterly for him as one grieves for a firstborn son.
>>
>>805448
>Jesus created the universe, and then became one of us thousands of years later,
YEC please go.
>>
>>805448
This reads like the ramblings of a crazy person. Some peasant in Leningrad during the winter of 1941 could have claimed to be the son of God and then starved for our sins, and then somehow that death by starvation would be considered 10000x more horrendous because the peasant would somehow have an "infinite capacity for suffering."
>>
>>805451
Many bulls encompass me;
strong bulls of Bashan surround me;

Amos 4
Hear this word, you cows of Bashan, who are on the mountain of Samaria,
Who oppress the poor,
Who crush the needy,
Who say to your husbands,[a] “Bring wine, let us drink!”
2 The Lord God has sworn by His holiness:
“Behold, the days shall come upon you
When He will take you away with fishhooks,
And your posterity with fishhooks.
3 You will go out through broken walls,
Each one straight ahead of her,
And you will be cast into Harmon,”
Says the Lord.

What makes you think that you, a child of satan, can understand the things of God?
>>
>>805462
I'll stick to the truth. You can have your monkey fairy tales.
>>
>>805465
Again, why would a child of satan think they can understand the things of God?

If your peasant had been killed, buried, and risen on the third day, you had better believe we would know everything about him today.
>>
File: tip.jpg (225 KB, 700x609) Image search: [Google]
tip.jpg
225 KB, 700x609
>>805281
There was no real jesus. Its a euhemerization of an older jewish myth.
>>
>>805480
Jesus is the fulfillment of the messianic prophecies laid out in Judaism.

Hitler had a tiny dick and one ball.
>>
>>805415
What exactly are you refering to in my post?

The conviction of Jesus by the Sanhedrin breaks most of its laws.

The fourth servant song differs in its translation by Christians and Jews, with Christian translation favoring a dual interpretation and Jewish translation having it already be fulfilled.
I think.

I don't think I need much authority to change the bible if any, especially since I'm not changing the bible.
>>
>>805470
I will, I prefer testable and verifiable theory to buying what a bunch of goat-fucking desert nomads thought the world worked over 2000 years ago, feel free to continue being willfully ignorant.
>>
>>805455

So far wee have a story that isn't even prophecy which is about a man being attacked by animals that you are leaping upon just because it has the word 'pierced' in it and an unfulfilled prophecy from Zacariah, that you are leaping upon just because it has the word 'pierced in it'

>On that day the weeping in Jerusalem will be as great as the weeping of Hadad Rimmon in the plain of Megiddo. 12 The land will mourn, each clan by itself, with their wives by themselves: the clan of the house of David and their wives, the clan of the house of Nathan and their wives, 13 the clan of the house of Levi and their wives, the clan of Shimei and their wives, 14 and all the rest of the clans and their wives.

Unbelieveable what Christians will believe.

>>805468

>I've found a completely irrelevant passage that has bulls in it, checkmate.
>>
>>805473
>If your peasant had been killed, buried, and risen on the third day, you had better believe we would know everything about him today

If I wrote about it and got people to believe it, then yes we would.

My point is that Christians use the suffering of Christ as a way to make us feel bad about doing bad things. My argument is that focusing on Christ's suffering leaves you unable to comprehend the suffering of normal humans because by your definition our suffering can't ever compare to Christ's when he was on the cross. Therefore, any suffering that humans go through is weak in comparison.

However, I can understand this mentality. All of us here should know that history gives a wide range of perspectives on the horrors that humanity can inflict on each other. I often remind myself that my life is pretty good in comparison, and that I'm lucky to not have to live through a plague or die in a war. In that sense I can understand Jesus' death as a sort of comparison point, but I still personally find it extremely unfair.
>>
>>805485
>Well the account of his conviction in the bible is obviously just made up to satisfy the narrative it wants to tell anyway.

The bible is wrong, and you know the truth, how, again?

Of course Jesus' trial was illegal. They convicted God for being God.
>>
>>805486
Verifiable.

With a "missing link", the entire foundation of the entire monkey man theory.

kek
>>
>>805487
It is prophecy, actually. But again, it's for the children of God, not the children of satan.
>>
>>805496
You say that, but it's never happened but for Christ Jesus.
>>
>>805516

>look at my prophecy about fishhooks being taken away, it's got bulls in it.

Do the bulls stand for bullshit?
>>
>>805512
>implying you know how evolution works
>implying a "missing link" devalues the theory
You just keep showing your ignorance, it's very sad.
>>
>>805546
You see "fishhooks" in the bible, and think fish hooks.

I see "fishhooks" in the bible, and I know God is going to force somebody to do something.

See, the things of God are not for people like you.
>>
>>805551
You keep thinking the singularity and abiogenesis aren't jokes.
>>
>>805252
Jesus was a brown Arab Romans were white so if racist is still a big deal in our time can you imagine the levels of racist at that time..

So yeah Jesus deserved it.
>>
>>805508
Because we know the laws of the Sanhedrin court.
The Bible claims Jesus was convicted by a Sanhedrin court.
The laws used by the Sanhedrin court were repeatedly broken, so it's not a Sanhedrin court.

He was convicted with no evidence except for his own confession.
He was convicted unanimously.
The court was held in a private residence.
He was convicted for Blasphemy and not killed by stoning.

Those are four broken laws.

You don't even need to delve into bullshit like "Muh son of god", it's wrong even if he weren't the son of god.
>>
>>805379
Wow dats gay af tbqhfam

*tips*
>>
>>805574
Your assumption that no Sanhedrin court would ever break its own rules is false, and easily shown as self-serving.

John11
Then the chief priests and the Pharisees gathered a council and said, “What shall we do? For this Man works many signs. 48 If we let Him alone like this, everyone will believe in Him, and the Romans will come and take away both our place and nation.”

And one of them, Caiaphas, being high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all, nor do you consider that it is expedient for us[e] that one man should die for the people, and not that the whole nation should perish.”
>>
>>805252
standard roman procedure taken from Carthago
otherwise he would have been stoned to death by the jews
>>
>>805555

That's called you making things up in your head, it has nothing to do with God.
>>
>>805588
Isaiah 37:29 Because your rage against Me and your tumult Have come up to My ears, Therefore I will put My hook in your nose And My bridle in your lips, And I will turn you back By the way which you came.”’

Stick to the things of your father, the father of lies. It's what you prefer. It's what you know. It's all you have.
>>
File: KeksimusMaximus.jpg (72 KB, 596x628) Image search: [Google]
KeksimusMaximus.jpg
72 KB, 596x628
>>805346
Damn... So Nietzsche never killed God, the romans did it!
>>
>>805372
ok whatever m8 LOL
>>
>>805591

Nice non-example of fishhooks
>>
>>805618

>Thinks fishhooks are used on bulls.
>>
>>805346
homo
>>
>putting the stakes through the hands and not the wrist

inaccurate. your picture is horseshit OP.
>>
>>805252
Why was Jesus a scumbag?
Quite a Kike thing to say

He practiced what he preached
Help people
Lived with in his means
>>
>>808219
If Jesus wanted to live within his means he should have gotten a job and contributed to the world (like idk, can you imagine if he wrote a book?) instead of going around like a magical hobo getting drunk off cheap wine and pissing people off. That's kinda being a shitty role-model.
>>
>>808241
That is the worst description of Jesus I have ever heard
He was literally the most influential man ever to exist in our knowledge of the universe

And fuck you, the people he pissed off were scum and Jews. He is a legend
>>
>>805252
He had it coming, talk shit get hit.
>>
>>805252
any sane person looking at Jesus as a person now would realize that he was a scam artist that tricked a bunch of people to thinking he did magic like turning water into wine

also all of the philosophies he taught wreaked havoc in Europe until Empire and schisms from the shitty Church became a thing, Europeans (barbarians) became objectively noticeably weaker and lost generally more wars as a result of conversion to Christianity. You could even make an argument it contributed to the Roman collapse and the general medieval Islamic success could be contributed simply to better more efficient organization of law compared to Christian law and more clear goals compare to Christian goals which are pretty much be a weak cuck and get enlightened somehow by this, compared to Islamic goals of conquering and converting everyone along with embracing military organization and doctrine

it's no wonder France, England, Spain all eventually told the Church to fuck off and started reorganizing and conquering shit
>>
>>805252
why do christians hate jews for killing Jesus but not the romans who were least as involved in his death as the jews?
>>
>>808873
1. "Romans" no longer exist today.

2. Later on Romans converted to Christianity and spread Christianity throughout Europe.
>>
Why was Jesus called 'king of the Jews' when the Romans crucified him?
>>
>>808903
Maybe simply meaning word "Messiah" of that time.
>>
>>808903
He was crucified on grounds of disturbing the peace and being a rebel shit. ROmans assumed he wanted to be jewish king and mocked him for it.
>>
>>808873
Europeans should hate Jews because they did replace all traditional religions of Europe, include monotheistic religions, with Jewish religions and traditions. Someone consider a wife of emperor Constantine I as Jew Christian and lobbyist.
>>
>>805252
I have heard that version: calling themself "son of god" was illegal into Roman Empire because that was Title of Emperor.
>>
>>805252
He's nothing but a hebe, a penny-pinching scum,
He never had a job, another jewish bum,
We'll crucify the hebe, it'll be no fucking loss,
We'll nail his hymie ass to the fucking cross.

Jesus was nothing but a fucking jew,
If we were in Auschwitz, i'd give him a tattoo,
Jesus was nothing but a fucking kike,
Let's nail him to the cross with ten-inch spikes.

He's nothing but a hebe, a penny-pinching scum,
He never had a job, another jewish bum,
We'll crucify the hebe, it'll be no fucking loss,
We'll nail his hymie ass to the fucking cross

Jesus was nothing but a fucking jew,
If were were in Auschwitz, i'd give him a tattoo,
Jesus was nothing but a fucking kike,
Lets nail him to the cross with ten-inch spikes.

You fucking kike!
>>
>>805252
"Christs may come and Christs may go, but Caesar is forever"
>>
>>808967
Haha

How wrong can he be?
>>
>>808972
I don't really think you understood the quote. Considering it is lifted up from here.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Might_Is_Right
>>
>>805618
*In denial the post
>>
>>808979
OPPORTUNITIES
A man’s opportunities are never exhausted so long as other men (who are not his friends)
possess millions of acres and thousands of tons of gold.
The guarded treasure halls and iron-clad temples of modern kings and presidents, high
priests and millionaires, are positively the richest the world has ever known.
Bulging are they with the vast hoards of silver and diamonds and gold.
Here, then, is opportunity on a colossal scale. Here is the goal of the Cæsars,
Nebuchadnezzars and Napoleons in the days that are coming.
All is ready and prepared for them, even as in olden times.
Cæsar carried off the treasures of Egypt, Greece, Gaul and Rome. Napoleon looted the
money vaults of Venice, Vienna, Madrid, Berlin and Moscow. London only escaped him.
Nebuchadnezzar plundered the Temple of Zion, where the Jews kept all their deposits
and drank his beer and wine out of Jehovah’s pots of gold.
Napoleon, Cæsar, Nebuchadnezzar! They were three great men, were they not? And in
this their greatness consisted — they seized their opportunities.
>>
File: Kühler_Übermensch.jpg (70 KB, 549x600) Image search: [Google]
Kühler_Übermensch.jpg
70 KB, 549x600
>>805603
>Nietzsche killed God
Did you even read Nietzsche? He literally said:
>God is dead. And we killed him.

Fucking pleb.
>>
>>805368
So judas should be a saint, right?
>>
>>809213
theologicans are losing minds when you talk about judas. they say that judas was under influence of satan and satan gave him order to sell out jesus.
>>
>>809253
But that's what Jesus wanted. Judas had to do his part.
>>
>>809293
this is where christianity starts being 'it was mysterious plan of a God dont ask questions'. There is official explaination, but I don't remember it right now.
>>
>>809302
Oh dude come on remember I wanna hear the fail of it.
>>
>>809306
I don't remember it well, but it was about that satan made him betray jesus and that's why he should be forgotten. Simple as that. If not judas, someone esle would betray him to fulfil lthe prophecy, but he was weak and greedy.
>>
>>808873
Have you read the bible? I didn't think so.
>>
>>805264
The night before the crucifixion Jesus asked the Father if he would take the cup(the worlds sins) away from him, if it was in the Father's will to do so
>>
>>805252
>Obviously Jesus was a scumbag but did he deserve this?
Crucifixion wasn't really seen as that big of a deal back then. Tens of thousands of people were crucified by the Romans.

Hell, there were two other guys getting crucified on that hill the same day as him.
>>
>>805448
>Jesus stopped being part of the Trinity at some point
Holy shit Protties are heretical fucks
>>
Nah a beheading would of had sufficed.
>>
File: nicaragua.jpg (67 KB, 660x495) Image search: [Google]
nicaragua.jpg
67 KB, 660x495
>>809213
Some do view Judas as a saint. Others... others don't.
>>
>>811571
It was considered an ignoble way to die
Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.