[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You were born in time to see a religion get completely wiped
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7
File: Armenian-manuscript-CIMG1727.jpg (1 MB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Armenian-manuscript-CIMG1727.jpg
1 MB, 1280x960
R.I.P. Christianity in Iceland.

http://icelandmag.visir.is/article/00-icelanders-25-years-or-younger-believe-god-created-world-new-poll-reveals

>93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang, 6.1% either had no opinion or thought it had come into existence through some other means and 0.0% believed it had been created by God.

Discuss.
>>
>>561579
Seems like rational group of people
>>
>>561579
so do they need to get like fur lined fedoras? It's pretty cold up there
>>
Nice shitpost. Most Christians aren't stupid American protestants and believe in the Big Bang Theory. The question presented to those people was a false choice.
>>
>>561589
no, only in america is atheism considered "edgy" or whatever, yet alone the entire "fedora" bullshit.

In the rest of the first world, its pretty much the norm now.
>>
File: 1451163535784.png (91 KB, 240x255) Image search: [Google]
1451163535784.png
91 KB, 240x255
>>561579
>he thinks the big bang is incompatible with Christianity

You Baptists give Americans a bad name, my countryman.
>>
>>561579
>a people group with very little worries somehow doesn't have any worries about life, death, and the afterlife

Shocking

Once the West goes back in decline, people will start once again flocking to their local cathedrals.

It always happens.
>>
>>561642

Its the only place you can really congregate and get mad about minorities with your neighbors that is socially acceptable
>>
>>561624
And in 20 years Islam will be the norm because atheists only have 1 child on average and religious people have 3 on average.

Good job, fedorafaggot.
>>
>>561642
>Once the West goes back in decline
How do you mean?
>>
>>561664
Implying they won't abandon their kids for apostasy when they are no longer religious.
>>
File: Lemaitre.jpg (142 KB, 800x1171) Image search: [Google]
Lemaitre.jpg
142 KB, 800x1171
>>561579
>You can't be religious and believe in the Big Bang Theory
The theory was proposed by a fucking priest!

Holy shit, I'm a Christian but eugenics might be necessary for this century to progress.
>>
>>561664
>And in 20 years Islam will be the norm because atheists only have 1 child on average and religious people have 3 on average.

Ehrmergerd! the Mooslimb invasion!

and this is why britian is 100% populated by the irish from the 1890's. Or is that populated by all the jamaicans who arrived in the 50's? Or is that the indians in the 60's? No, no, wait, muslim paranoia, so its GOT to be the pakistanis who arrived in the 70's who now comprise of the entire populatio- oh, hang on, my mistake, no, you're just a fucking retard screaming incoherently about bullshit.

Because clearly being atheist means you dont have children, good little soldiers for God? When you start saying this sort of fucking idiotic bullshit, where do you morons come up with this shit?
>>
>>561715
A better refutation of his points would involve a comparison of atheist and religious birthrates from each era aND how they didn't translate to religious viewpoints.
>>
>>561579
Excellent, now we just need to remove it from Europe, Australia, Canada and America so we can have an atheist world at last. Im so happy guys.
>>
>>561672
What, do you think for the rest of history that people will still be living like we do now?

Let's look at the current economy structure. It can be divided into poorer creators (Chinese) and richer service-based economy (The West). That is to say, the industrial heart has moved on. The blood of that heart is oil; and that blood is a finite and dangerous resource.

Humans can either continue the current economic system until the world finally cooks itself, or the economy of the world will have to change.

Most likely, the former will happen. It sucks, but this is how the world ends.

However, the latter will try to happen, and when it does, then the comfortable lifestyle that has been given to the West for the past 50 years (thanks to centuries of imperialism, this is no lie) will cease.

Societies will collapse. Nations that are thousands of years old will end. This always happens in history.
>>
I'm an agnostic myself so I don't really care one way or the other. But please tell me you're not one of those Christians, OP. The Big Bang theory is entirely compatible with Christianity. Also last time I checked Christianity is growing in the East. In a few years China may be the world's most Christian nation.
>>
File: lenny carl.jpg (22 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
lenny carl.jpg
22 KB, 480x360
>>561579
>93.9% of Icelanders younger than 25 believed the world was created in the big bang
>the world
>created in the big bang
>>
>>561761
>all of the matter and energy in the universe is created in the big bang
>eventually becomes earth after 10 billion years of bouncing around
>>
>>561744
>What, do you think for the rest of history that people will still be living like we do now?
No. I'm just a dummy who wants to know more. Thank you.
>>
>>561723
that would entail having any sort of inclination not to mock their idiocy.

but feel free to do so if you feel that its worth trying to educate the fucking cockwomble.
>>
>>561771
>the sandwich i ate for lunch today was created in the big bang
>>
>>561780
You aren't a dummy. That is also one of the dangerous of mass immigration. What happens when the economy collapses, and thus society, and you have millions of ethnically and culturally different demographics? Obviously they will attempt to form their own state, and thus weakening yours

However, China is too already fucked. They have weakened their borders. Every Chinese person is moving to the East Coast. What do you think will happen to China's Western borders? The kingdom of China will eventually shrink until all that remains is that West Coast. Moving into big cities is the death of a nation; creating smaller cities and expanding is the key to life. This my friend was a real philosophical debate in the late 19th century, and part of the reason for Hitler's wanting land from Russia; but that's a whole different can of worms.

I forgot what else I was going to say
>>
>>561798
East Coast remains, I mean
>>
>>561782
No, that would entail trying to actually have any sort of effect with your arguments rather than just delighting in the mistakes of sinners.
>>
>>561788
Well the sandwich itself wasn't, but every atom within it was. So yes in a way your sandwich was created in the Big Bang.
>>
I live in Australia. I have never had a single friend who attends church on a weekly or even monthly basis. It's only when I came into university where I've met foreigners (mainly Koreans surprisingly) who actually attend church on the regular.

It really is strange to come to /his/ and actually hear people support and go out of their way to argue for the existence of a god. It really is a strange feeling.
>>
>>562095
I know that feeling. I used to live in a major city here in Canada where I only ever met one person who went to Church regularly. In a rural/industrial community, though, it's a lot more common.
>>
>>561579
>Ásatrú is the fastest growing religion in Iceland
>>
When did this board become shit.
>>
>>562386
It's not though.
>>
>>561579
>25 Year rule
>>
>>562395
>philosophy, religion

the 25 year rule is for history m8.
>>
>>562086
but thats completely wrong, all heavier atoms were create far later
>>
>>561579
Not quite. The athiests might not believe in god, but they still believe in Elves who believe in god.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/dec/22/elf-lobby-iceland-road-project
>>
Good riddance, christianity was a foreign invading religion anyway, it's time for the Icelandic people to worship Odin again like their ancestors did
>>
>>561579
To be soon replaced by Islam?
>>
i'm pretty sure 95% of christians believe in the big bang too, just that God initiated the big bang
>>
>>562411
This. Death to christianity faggot. There's only glorious and honors for our true lord Odin
>>
>>563079
>RPing this hard
>>
Most Christians aren't literalist
>>
File: Reddit.jpg (115 KB, 474x632) Image search: [Google]
Reddit.jpg
115 KB, 474x632
>this thread

So many fucking trilby tippers.
>>
>>561579
When i was kid priest told us that it is true, only maybe retarded conservative protestants dont believe in big bang.
>>
>>563159
Big bang is false though.
It's been proven wrong by Kent Hovind.

The Bible says that Satan deceives the whole world.
>whole world

And indeed almost the entire world has bought into the idea of evolution and billions of years (despite it being unscientific and founded on hoaxes and lies).
>>
>>563163
citation needed, how exactly did he prove it wrong?
>>
>>563430
Watch Kent Hovind's Creation Seminar.

It's over 18 hours long, and explains everything.

tl;dr the Bible is scientifically accurate and the theory of evolution is a lie.
>>
>>563440
Literally about five minutes into part 6 and he states "you can trust Genesis, they are all eyewitness accounts" so no, I can clearly see this man is a dogmatic idiot
>>
>>563481
Start from part 1 retard.

Darwinism is the most dogmatic religion in the world.
>you can trust these monkey bones, they are our ancestors!"
>>
>>561624
>In the rest of the first world, its pretty much the norm now.
Not really.
If i had a dollar for everytime i hear "out of the civilised world, we are the only one that does X", i could comfortably retire.
>>561678
Umm... no.
http://www.pewforum.org/2015/04/02/religious-projections-2010-2050/
>>
>>563483
Do you believe in DNA and carbon dating?
>>
>>561579
Just because they don't take stories in Bible literally doesn't mean they are atheists tho
>>
>>563513
Well, they aren't Christians.
>>
>>563519
>you need to take everything in Bible literally otherwise you are not a christian
'no'
>>
>>563499
DNA disproves evolution.

Radiometric dating is unreliable.

Watch.
The.
Fucking.
Seminar.

I'll send you $100 if you just watch 1 video.
>>
>>563519
That would really depend on your denomination, now wouldn't it?
>>
>>563483
>Darwinism
>Religion
Aaaand you're literally retarded. The theory of evolution has changed a great deal since Darwin came up with the notion. Many of his ideas were wrong, and were changed. Because that's what happens in science. Ideas are challenged, constantly. Darwin did not simply say "hark, evolution." If you are really too stupid to look up all the supporting evidence yourself, then sorry, but you're a kid insisting santa is real. If you want to believe in a religion, be my guest, but please don't compare something which is well substantiated in many different ways to your blind faith.
>>
>>563522
Well, if you don't believe in the Bible, how can you follow it?
>>
>>563535
Because they believe that picking and choosing is somehow following scripture, rather than just exercising their own moral or ideological agency to decide what they want to believe.
>>
>>563524
You disregard any argument with 'watch the video'. It's 18 hours.
>>
>>563524
>DNA disproves evolution.
>Radiometric dating is unreliable.

This clearly being the expert opinion of someone who's used this thousands of times as a scientist? no.

this is the sort of ignorant idiot who screams how "X is false!!!" because it doesnt fit their world view, and have no idea what X actually entails.

They're as idiotic as the flat earthers.

I wouldnt waste my time watching a video of this shit for $100.
>>
File: 32432.jpg (44 KB, 346x380) Image search: [Google]
32432.jpg
44 KB, 346x380
>>563533
where do you think you are friendo?
>>
File: myth.jpg (23 KB, 300x237) Image search: [Google]
myth.jpg
23 KB, 300x237
>>563533
Evolutionism is a cult.

You adhere to monkey and Flintstone myths.
>>
>>563533
>Aaaand you're literally retarded.
He's a conspiracy theorist evangelical which even most of the christfags on /his/ can't stand for refusing to listen to any viewpoints besides his atrociously wrong ones.
That's an understatement.
>>
>>563440
Except that's wrong and you're retarded.
>>
>>563554
Flintstone? Please, tell me what you mean.
>>
http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html

The theory of evolution thoroughly debunked & destroyed.

It's scientifically and mathematically impossible.

Your grandpa was not a monkey.
We did not come from a rock.
>>
>>563524
Kent Hovind has been debunked to hell and back. Fuck off
>>
>>563594
Proof?
Source?
Citation?

Ofcourse you don't have any, you're just talking out of your ass.
>>
>>563574
This article is horrible, it reads like it was written by someone who doesn't even understand what he's arguing against. Only two semi-decent arguments in the entire thing, and even those he shows a lack of understanding on the topic. Most of it is blatantly wrong.
>>
>>563615
http://www.skepticreport.com/sr/?p=352
https://archive.org/details/KentHovindsTheHovindTheoryWrong
http://www.academia.edu/2580595/Inside_the_Mind_of_a_Creationist_A_Critical_Analysis_of_Kent_Hovinds_Doctoral_Dissertation_
http://www.skeptictank.org/hs/matson-v.htm
http://hoax.trendolizer.com/2015/07/dr-kent-hovinds-flat-earth-claims-systematically-debunked.html
>>
>>561579
>Thinking shit like this and God existing are mutually exclusive
Fuck Protestants are retarded
>>
>>562381
and nobody really believes in it. it's just muh heritage-larping level 9001.
>>
>>563790
and it's really not that common. all the other religions just are even less common.
>>
>>561579
>Christians not believing in the Big Bang
????
>>
>>561579
>this_thread_again.jpg
Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.