[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Genghis Khan
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 340x287) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 340x287
/his/
How many women did Genghis Khan fuck on a daily basis?
>>
File: mfw 40 million people die .jpg (113 KB, 1200x1200) Image search: [Google]
mfw 40 million people die .jpg
113 KB, 1200x1200
>>561561
>pic of Subutai
>posts Genghis Khan
American, I presume?
>>
Just travel to Russia or Finland
>>
File: Subudei.jpg (120 KB, 600x900) Image search: [Google]
Subudei.jpg
120 KB, 600x900
>>561581
It's a random drawing that comes up when you google "Genghis Khan", m8. There's no source for the original book it was printed in. It's not even a historical portrait, it's some artist's depiction of a Mongol dude.
>>
>>561581

>implying your picture is any closer to the actual physical appearance of genghis khan
>>
>>561561
There's actually a reason to believe he actually couldn't at all.
>>
>>562430
Source?
>>
>>562418
It was drew under the surveillance of his grandson, Kubilai, who had seen the face of Genghis Khan.
>>
>>562438
Obviously any evidence of circumstantial. No chronicler would ever dare to write "I've heard rumors that Ghengis was impotent and was regularly cucked".

First of all, at least two of Genghis' official sons weren't certainly his. Unless of course Ghengis had a magical penis that could impregnate Borte while she was hundreds of kilometers away. Jochi was conceived while Borte was held captive. Gumilev (a crackpot where it comes to European history but a very good historian on the steppe empires) convincingly argues that Tolui also couldn't possibly be Genghis' child on account of dates, since the Khan couldn't possibly be present at Tolui's conception.

So Genghis was cucked at last twice. What did he do? Nothing. And that's the weird thing. While it could be argued that Borte was simply raped with Jochi, that couldn't be the case with Tolui. Genghis had a legitimate reason to kill Borte and no one would defend her. He could have her executed or exiled together with her offspring and have as many sons as he fucking wanted with other women. Instead he opted to recognize the boys as his son and even to give them shares in inheritance. What could be an explanation for such an odd and uncharacteristic behavior? This is Genghis Khan we are talking about after all, a man who killed his own brother over a minor hunting scuffle. Well, in warrior societies, sexual prowess together with martial skills were seen as inherent parts of masculinity that was a necessary qualification for rule. An eunuch couldn't rule, which is why castration was such a popular way to deal with political opponents. The only reasonable explanation for Genghis turning a blind eye on Borte's obvious infidelities was that he had to pretend that his sons were actually his. Why? The plausible explanation is that he couldn't have kids on his own and letting Borte cucking him was the only way to maintain the image of sexually powerful alpha male.
>>
>>562550

If a man is described as having any more than one wife, you can be certain he was being cucked. If he is described as having one wife, then probably not, but you can't be certain.

That's how it works in every primate group we've observed. The alpha has many mates, and they all cheat on him all the time. Most of their children are not his.

Humans are the monogamous ape, we don't have close relatives to compare that behavior to. Both husband and wife do the game theory in their heads and more often than not sticking to mutual monogamy is the best option.
>>
>>562584
>Humans are the monogamous ape

Explain sexual dimorphism m8?
>>
>>562587

We see it because we're programmed to see it.

And it's not as pronounced as in the harem-style apes.

Bonobos have less dimorphism because sex has become so commonplace, monogamy as we understand it ceases to make sense when sex is a normal mode of grooming, and so does polygamy, or harem-style arrangements.

Humans have sex as grooming behavior too, but we're mostly made for monogamy, we've had well over a million years of being smart enough to know that's the best option overall, and so a few tens of thousands of generations of that selective pressure on the species.
>>
>>562584
>If a man is described as having any more than one wife, you can be certain he was being cucked. If he is described as having one wife, then probably not, but you can't be certain.

Mongols had wives and concubines. Only children by official wife had the right of being political heirs. In Genghis' case those were the four sons whom he officially fathered with Borte: Jochi, Chaatai, Ogodei and Tolui.
>>
>>562590
Source?

Species with males larger than females have sexual dimorphism, is this not the case for humans?
>>
>>562597

Right....

But the fact is, if you have more than one wife, more than one woman who you claim as being yours and not for any other man, you're being cucked.

>>562598

I never said humans didn't have sexual dimorphism. It seems more pronounced than it actually is because we're humans.

It is less pronounced than in the other great apes. The apes where it is least pronounced are the bonobos, where sex is a form of grooming.
>>
File: mongolian red head.jpg (19 KB, 394x441) Image search: [Google]
mongolian red head.jpg
19 KB, 394x441
Was it true he had red hair?
>>
>>562608

If we ever find his tomb we can check for ourselves.

Though I suppose we could do an analysis of that genetic marker that supposedly comes from him, and see how much it correlates with red hair... anyone?
>>
>>562550
>Jochi was conceived while Borte was held captive. Gumilev (a crackpot where it comes to European history but a very good historian on the steppe empires) convincingly argues that Tolui also couldn't possibly be Genghis' child on account of dates, since the Khan couldn't possibly be present at Tolui's conception.

I like Gumilev, but it's not like we have exact dates for events in Temujin's early life. And by dates I mean that we often don't know the year of some event.

Also, Jochi's paternity became a big political point, which is why he wasn't made the heir, and also a partial reason for later succession crises. If Genghis Khan knew that Jochi wasn't his for certain, why didn't he save the trouble and make him his heir?
>>
>>562671
>Also, Jochi's paternity became a big political point, which is why he wasn't made the heir, and also a partial reason for later succession crises. If Genghis Khan knew that Jochi wasn't his for certain, why didn't he save the trouble and make him his heir?

Jochi wasn't the main heir not because of his questioned paternity, but because the Mongols and other steppe peoples never followed the rule of primigeniture which is a feature common among Indoeuropeans. Mongols and other Asians designated heirs from among sons. Special rights and duties were always assigned to the youngest son who was to stay at their parents' house and look after the household. Which is why Tolui received Mongol ancestral lands as his share.

Jochi's paternity was always in question, but Ghengis did not discriminate him over that.
>>
>>562692
It should be noted that Jochi is the Classical Mongolian form of zochin, which means "guest" in Mongolian. Since it's not a typical name, it's been argued that Genghis thus recognized that Jochi was possibly not his own son.

Still, I'm with >>562671
It's difficult to say anything about his early life, the fact that we can claim with a relatively high degree of plausibility that Jochi was not his own son is pretty good.

>>562608
Until there's proof that's a Muslim meme
>>
All of them
>>
>>562989
How is it a Muslim meme?
>>
>>561561
probly like twenty thou
>>
>>562453
I knew Kubilai, motherfucker was blinder than a mole.
>>
>>561561
Just enough.
>>
>>562550

I thought Atilla was the guy who killed his brother in a hunting scuffle
>>
>>566360
Nup, Genghis did that.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.