[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can historical revisionism ever be used for good? Or will it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 23
File: 11453498-origpic-2ee6b3.png (607 KB, 800x400) Image search: [Google]
11453498-origpic-2ee6b3.png
607 KB, 800x400
Can historical revisionism ever be used for good? Or will it always be up to ideological bias thus never be true or beneficial to anyone.
>>
The danger is this

>history is being rewritten/revised
>majority believes in the lie

>..some people do research and uncover the truth
>majority accuses this minority of being history revisionists

I can't count the times I've been called a "tinfoil" or "conspiracy nut" by retards.
>>
It's silly to think something can't be beneficial to anyone because it's following an ideology; especial that it can't be beneficial to those following said ideology.
>>
>>560432

Please, History is being revised everyday.
>>
>>560444
Give us some examples, trips-man
>>
>>560444
Funny enough, I had a fedora tipping Marxist (also an SJW) dismiss everything I said as historical revisionism when the only thing I did was simply say that the historical events, he had the gall to say that it never happened and I was making it up.
>>
>>560461
Moon landing hoax.

It was filmed in a studio.
>>
File: Irish1.jpg (522 KB, 752x2009) Image search: [Google]
Irish1.jpg
522 KB, 752x2009
>>560461
>>
>>560461
everything medieval
>>
File: 1452726636984.gif (4 MB, 640x333) Image search: [Google]
1452726636984.gif
4 MB, 640x333
>>560469
>Moon landing
>hoax.
>>
Revision has always been part of the study of history, it becomes revisionism when you start looking to pry the answers you want out of it.

>>560464
>I had a fedora tipping Marxist (also an SJW)
stopped reading
>>
>>560482
The Irish have suffered enough.

This series of "satirical" propaganda was definitely created by a Brit or a Jew.
>>
>>560499
See? This is what I mean.

You get this instant cognitive dissonance and defense-mechanism from people who refuse to do any research or study into the subject and simply cling to the "official" narrative.

>lemme post this reaction image
>that'll show him he's wrong!
>>
>>560513
Or he's done the research and you have done surface level google research. Go on, explain yourself, I'm knowledgeable on this topic
>>
>>560504
No no no. Not like even a good Marxist, like victim complex up the ass Marxist. I'm not generalising them like that, but he was sooooo bad.
>>
>>560513
Didn't Mythbusters proved the evidence of the moon landing in the studio to be false?
>>
>>560513
>cognitive dissonance
>someone calling out a completely debunked theory as completely debunked is a case of "cognitive dissonance"
>>560516
Thanks m8
>>
>>560524
The "moon landing" has been thoroughly debunked and destroyed.

If you still believe in that myth, I feel sorry for you.
>>
>implying that revisionists are always wrong
>implying that the mainstream historical interpretations are always correct
>>
>>560529
>>560513
ok senpai, please say what leads you to believe the moon landing didn't happen
>>
theres footage of astronauts creating bubbles in space.. they are actually underwater

and the entire NASA (serpent tongue in its logo) program is a sham

the "floating" are done in zero gravity planes

and why is there still not a photo from the ball earth? all earth photos are CGI or composites

copernicus was a freemason, heliocentrism is about worshipping the sun (Satan)
>>
>>560540
PFFT ARE YOU A FLAT EARTHER TOO? oh my god priceless.
>>
>>560540
this has to be bait but whatever

if it didn't happen then why didn't the USSR call the USA out on faking it? They had all the means to detect whether it did happen or not.
>>
>>560498
Seconding this, the public in general knows fucking nothing about Europe during the Middle Ages apart from the history equivalent of pop-sci taught in high school, shitty fantasy movies, and some revisionist memes like "the church hated science"
>>
the earth is a flat circle, like a pizza

antarctica is in the edges, and a dome covers the world like the "firmament" in the Bible

there are amateur rockets and balloons that go on high altitudes and show no curvature at all.

if you look at commercial flight paths, they dont make any sense on a ball earth.

a flight from chile to south-africa goes first to europe, and then all the way across africa. why not just across the ocean?

if you unfold the ball earth, all flights suddenly make sense. the flight from chile to south-africa is a straight line as it's supposed to be.
>>
>>560432
>19th century
>Lol guys Troy is a myth and Europe had no civilization before the Ancient Greek city states
>Guy finds Troy and others the Minoan civilization.

Well gee, what a bunch of assholes for messing with established history.
>>
>>560540
Christian intellectuals in a nutshell.
>>
>>560555
>a flight from chile to south-africa goes first to europe, and then all the way across africa. why not just across the ocean?
because there is no demand for travel straight from chile to south africa hence making it commercially unviable?
>>
File: xGt05wB.png (181 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
xGt05wB.png
181 KB, 600x600
>>560555

Enjoy your fedora and neckbeard, don't forget to take a shower.
>>
File: Flat_earth.png (396 KB, 543x543) Image search: [Google]
Flat_earth.png
396 KB, 543x543
the official UN logo, aswell as the official map of the world in the 18th century.

if the earth is round, why does the UN use a flat earth model?
>>
File: Flat Earth model.jpg (40 KB, 700x328) Image search: [Google]
Flat Earth model.jpg
40 KB, 700x328
expeditions to antarctica are very few and heavily monitored. why all the secrecy?

it also has a heavy military presence
>>
>>560540
So there's no evidence you have for thebubbles?

They do have photos of the earth, but you're right, most are computer generated.

Ok, so any proof on the NASA being a sham?

There are some that aren't CGI, but they aren't in high quality.

I'm into the FES too, I like flat earth theories because they are fun thought experiments, but you shouldn't take them seriously. They rely on things like aether wind which is more bizarre than gravity.
>>
File: Flat_earth.jpg (90 KB, 1006x492) Image search: [Google]
Flat_earth.jpg
90 KB, 1006x492
this video shows that the sun is much closer to us than you've been taught

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcteYfOMgJg

2:57 clearly shows a sun that is very close to earth, exactly as the Bible says
>>
>>560567
Because if they were to use the round Earth that would indicate favouritism to certain nations. Are you this fucking retarded?
>>
>>560567
That is a ridiculously easy question m8.

You know what the acronym UN stands for?
>>
>>560567
because they want to show the whole fucking world as that's the whole point of the UN?

also that isn't fucking flat, you clearly don't know how map projections work
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lfkta0IT26w

NASA Insider exposes the occult background of the organization
>>
If we landend on da moon how come we still don't have ayyliens?
>>
>>560577
>Implying one religion out of 3000 got it right

gr8 b8 m8
>>
>>560590
look at 2:57 and tell me the sun is millions of miles away
>>
the reason the sky is blue is because what you're seeing is actually water behind the firmament.

exactly as the Bible says, the dome is surrounded by water
>>
>>560594
You can see the circle shift into an oval as it moves up and down. This pretty much means its lens flare and not the actual size of the corona.
>>
>thread that could actually give some serious discussion
>atheist shill fucking ruins it
i'm not surprised tbqh
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-5HVFs1hx0

https://www.youtube.com/user/ericdubay77/videos

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS_FY5mR4g22L_E9t1D_ExQ/videos

so much irrefutable and overwhelming evidence that proves a flat earth.

our ancestors were right. they knew the truth.

then came the freemasons and introduced the heliocentric model in an attempt to discredit Christianity.

after the ball earth theory, came the theory of evolution. after that, came aliens.

it's all designed to make you stop believing in god, that's satan's grand agenda
>>
File: YTC5.jpg (196 KB, 800x436) Image search: [Google]
YTC5.jpg
196 KB, 800x436
astronauts (or more accurately: actornauts) are on footage saying they don't get any water inside their helmet.

you can hear "action, go!". it's all a script, they are fooling you.

there is no space. there is no galaxy or universe. it's all fantasy and in your head.

no man has broken through the firmament.
>>
>>560594

>Not knowing how big the sun is, not knowing the field of view of a camera.

Did you know that you can fit 1.3 million Earths in the sun?
>>
>>560461
Almost anything involving Austria-Hungary

>prison of nations
>on the brink of collapse
>dumb, inefficient, chaotic

All mostly either outright bullshit or at least grossly exagerrated.
>>
File: Illuminati.jpg (221 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
Illuminati.jpg
221 KB, 1920x1080
they are telling you the earth is a ball..

they are laughing at you for believing it
>>
>>560614
Thank you, you just devolved this thread from historical revisionism to absolute retardation neckbeard conspiracy theories.

Get the fuck out of my thread.
>>
>>560618
why is there no real photo of the ball earth from outer space?

google it and you'll only find composites and CGI
>>
>>560619
You don't think that multiculturalism made the Austro-Hungarian empire unstable?
>>
>>560626
There ARE photos of the ball earth from space. Lots. But yes, most of the "official" photos are CGI, because its frankly really hard to get a good photo of earth from space
>>
>>560626

Have you ever looked at a sphere dead on?
>>
>>560632
show me them?

im waiting for a real photo from space that shows your ball earth.
>>
The fact that history can be so easily manipulated is why history majors flip burgers.
Your whole field of study has lost prestige
>>
so in a nutshell:

>i provide sources, links, evidence that supports the geocentric theory

>ball earthers just shitpost

heliocentrism is a hoax and you know it

/thread
>>
>>560513
What about the others? What about China releasing pictures of our landing sites? Where did they come from?
>>
>>560638
I think it's dangerous really. I'd like to believe that there can be some integrity to history, but I think at the end of the day it is up to the individual to look past the narrative.
>>
>>560630
Non-sequitur?
>>
>>560640
No it's just that your theory has been debunked and destroyed so many times but your paranoia has always completely dismissed it. How about you learn a bit of science before you believe in stupid shit.
>>
>>560646
Meaning that instability = brink of collapse. No one says that it was always on the brink of collapse, but it was most certainly unstable.
>>
>>560654
There was ethnic tension yes, but not to the point the country would implode. It's a narrative pushed by the Entente and their handpicked leadership for the breakaway countries.
>>
>>560648
>still posts no links or sources

ball earthers are hilarious :)

keep swallowing NASA's lies, they are laughing at you for believing them
>>
>>560644
I don't want to sound like a prententious STEM asshole but the only intellectual field of study is science.
I like history but I dont take it more seriously than a hobby.
>>
>>560666
Nah I don't think it would have imploded, and if it did it would have taken a lot more time to do so then what's usually projected. But I do think that ethnic tensions is downplaying a little bit, I mean Franz Joseph spent much of his time just trying to keep things together and everyone at peace.
>>
>>560648
>debunked and destroyed
Source?
Citation?
>>
>>560667
>Implying it's just NASA that does space shit.

Americans are funny.
>>
>>560683
Just send him some links m8 so he will shut up
>>
Kent Hovind debunked Evolutionism.
Eric Dubay debunked Heliocentrism.

The Bible is scientifically accurate and true.

Stay mad Illuminati.
>>
>>560678
The high point of the tensions happened decades before in 1848-49 and was steadily improving since. After the Austro-Hungarian compromise there were already plans set in motion to create autonomous Slavic crownlands within the empire.
>>
>>560681
Coriolis effect.
>>
>>560686
I really don't feel like engaging with them. Because they won't change their mind, they're like creationists in that way. Literally no point, I'd be preaching to the choir.
>>
>>560626
IT'S SO FUCKING FLAT
>>
>>560432

You know, I was going to shitpost in this thread, but our pizza earther has me beat; there's nothing I could come up with that would even approach his level of insanity.

On a serious note, I get a little of what >>560444 is talking about when I try to bring up actual combat statistics involving WW2, especially when it comes to American armor performance. The notion that "Shermans sucked" is so deeply ingrained that nothing seems to be able to shake it.
>>
>>560698
Debunked in the various flat earth documentaries on youtube.

Next?
>>
>>560694
Really? Well I suppose if it was steadily improving and they were just dealing with the rough bumps here and there, reminds me a bit of the FLQ in Canada, except there wouldn't be a referendum in the 1980.
>>
>>560702
>studio
>>
>>560702
>That is obviously CGI you ball earther, look how stupid you are and bask in my superior knowledge in "science"

Calling it now.
>>
>>560626

If the Earth is flat, then how did Erasthones manage to measure its circumference based on shadow measuring? You wouldn't have different shadow lengths on the same day from the same structures if the earth was flat.
>>
>>560702
Posts a well known photoshopped image.

You retards believe anything NASA shits out of its ass?

Gullible imbeciles.
>>
>>560708

>Flat earth documentaries

>What is a biased source

Next.
>>
>>560716
Yeah because SATAN- I mean NASA the serpent tongue whispering lies in your ears, certainly has no agenda at all.
>>
>>560713
if the earth is a ball, explain the retarded flight paths that only make sense on a flat earth
>>
>>560714
>Calling one of the most iconic images ever photoshopped
>>
>>560723
>Ad populum logical fallacy
>>
>>560723
There's footage that shows this exact scene.

The camera zooms out and you can see the studio and lighting effects.

It's all a show you retard, and you bought into it.
>>
>>560726
Tell me how the fuck Earthrise was photoshopped all the way back in 1971 you fuck
>>
>>560721

Because not all flights are direct? I mean fuck, one time when I was trying to book a trip from the U.S. to London, the cheapest flight had a stopover in Helsinki, which is definitely the wrong way around.

And in fact a lot of flight paths only make sense because of earth's curvature, especially going from northern North America to somewhere like England, it's often shorter to go up and over and then back down than it is to go "straight" across,.

Now it's your turn. How did Erasthones manage to do it if the Earth is really flat?
>>
>>560717

>Implying Satan's existence
>Implying one cannot perceive lies
>Implying there is no such thing as propaganda which flat earthers fall easily for.
>What is individuality and the encoding decoding theory which makes the concept of "agenda" moot

Are we done here?
>>
File: Mirdream_sts76.jpg (3 MB, 4095x4095) Image search: [Google]
Mirdream_sts76.jpg
3 MB, 4095x4095
>>560714
Since your grip is with NASA here's a Soviet picture. The ruskies had no fucking reason to cooperate with us in space. If NASA was lying, they'd be called out on it immediately.
>>
>>560731
>government never hides technology from us!
>what is area 51
>what is black project

>iphones and tablets is the peak of technology!
>da gubbermint is on the same level as us!
>>
>>560740
Satan's greatest trick is making people believe he doesn't exist.

Good job retard, you're doing exactly what he wants you to do.
>>
>>560735
Not to mention weather.
>>
>>560741
You're getting him wrong.He is not saying the USA faked it to get prestige he is saying there is a world wide satanist conspiracy to make people disbelief the bible.
>>
>>560741
that shows a flat earth.
where is the image of a ball earth?

we can send robots all the way to Mars but we cant even photograph our own earth?
>>
>>560754
You can't be this dumb, can you?
>>
>>560757
answer my question.

we can send robots all the way to Mars but we cant even photograph our own earth?
>>
>>560731
They have doctored pictures from the 19th century you idiot. No, earthrise 1971 probably wasnt done in Photoshop on Windows 7, but they had CGI back then you fucking unbelievable moron.
>>
>>560749
>Implying Satan's greatest trick even exists
>Implying I am going to hand over my individuality and freedom to a dogmatic religion that forces me to kneel to a non-existent deity in order to escape the clutches of a non-existent devil

Christians are funny. Enjoy fucking your bible, after that mind passing me it? I need to wipe my ass with it.
>>
>>560761

We HAVE photographed our own earth. You dismiss them all as CGI or fakes.
>>
>>560761
Anon, you know damn well that

A) Photography and rocket science are different fields
B) That we have plenty of pictures of Earth
>>
>>560766
You handed over your "individuality" and "freedom" to the devil.

And the worst thing is, you don't even know it.

You *ACTUALLY* believe you're serving no one, but you're furthering someone agenda.

Atheists are pawns for Satan's scheme, you're a useful idiot.
>>
>>560761

From Cassini going past Saturn. Let me guess, this is doctored too?
>>
>>560769
>>560773
>"we have plenty of pictures!"
>still doesn't post them

google earth and all you see is composites
>>
File: 1986-mir_2166676k.jpg (134 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
1986-mir_2166676k.jpg
134 KB, 858x536
>>560761
More
>>
File: 1965-leonid-spacew_2166704k.jpg (46 KB, 858x536) Image search: [Google]
1965-leonid-spacew_2166704k.jpg
46 KB, 858x536
>>560781
Curvature of the Earth plainly visible here in this very rudimentary Soviet photo from the 1st space walk
>>
>falling this hard for literal bait

S T O P
>>
>>560781

>You dismiss them all as CGI or fakes.

See what I'm saying?

I'm still waiting for an explanation of Eratosthenes's little experiment. It would be completely meaningless (not to mention impossible) if the Earth was flat. How'd he do it then? Or is the conspiracy about 2,200 years old?
>>
File: 1446725862004.png (40 KB, 633x973) Image search: [Google]
1446725862004.png
40 KB, 633x973
>>560780
>Earth will never have an asteroid belt
Imagine how rich would art and literature had been with such a majestic and mysterious sight.
>>
>>560780
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1sZ2q1cT3oc
Proven fake.

>>560785
Fish-eye lense.
>>
>>560776
>You handed over your "individuality" and "freedom" to the devil.

You put quotes around those worse as if they are concepts with no value. You fuck, individuality and freedom is the sole thing we live by, it is the thing that makes us strong as individuals and even stronger as a nation. When you join a fucking dogmatic religion such as Christianity you automatically give up those things. You join a collective, a collective that is only meant to induce fear on each other and the people around you. Grow the fuck up, humanity already has.
>>
>>560432
>Can historical revisionism ever be used for good?
Do you think the Welsh is the language of Troy?
>>
>>560793
>I know jack shit about photography
>>
>>560794
You have freedom by being with God, retard.
In your natural state. The Creator who made you.

Satan wants you to believe there is no God.

Satan wants you to believe "you can become like god!" through technology and trans-humanism and New Age philosophy.

Good job getting deceived, moron.
>>
>>560793
If the Earth is flat, explain the horizon. If Earth was flat, we'd be able to see incredibly far (within reason), but that's not the case.
>>
File: reason-james-martin-puff1.png (408 KB, 803x722) Image search: [Google]
reason-james-martin-puff1.png
408 KB, 803x722
>>560432

Historical revisionism only got a bad rap because a bunch of right-wing dorks tried to deny the holocaust.
>>
>>560793
>Links a youtube video full of psedo-scientific assumptions

kekekekekekekekek
>>
Boy, I'm sure glad /his/ isn't retarded.
>>
ball earthers place their entire faith in nasa.

they have faith that what they are selling you is true, that they are not lying and that they have no sinister agenda.

they conveniently ignore the fact that nasa is known to have forged images. if they can fake the moon landing, what else can they fake?

stop being such blind followers of the pop-sci cult. the nasa logo has a SNAKE TONGUE going through it ffs
>>
>>560805
Why wouldnt /his/ be retarded? people who were not smart enough to major in something /sci/ related gather here.
>>
>>560801
Because the human eyes are limited and can't see that far.

If you use a camera, you can zoom in and see farther than your eyes, hence telescopes.

All of these questions are answered in a simple Flat Earth documentary, there are tons on YT.
>>
File: 1452140585432.png (108 KB, 325x324) Image search: [Google]
1452140585432.png
108 KB, 325x324
>>560805
I bet you don't even know about the prehistoric lizard empire, pic related
>>
>>560810

Explain Erasthones's experiment. I've never seen a youtube video address it.
>>
>>560806
Yeah, they also ignore all the occult symbolism on NASA patches.

Or the fact NASA is riddled with Freemasons and occultists.

The Bible warned us that Satan would deceive the entire world.

I believe the "great delusion" and "false miracles" refer to Heliocentrism and Evolution.
>>
>>560800
>You have freedom by being with a god*, retard.

You obviously have no idea what freedom is.

>In your natural state. The creator* who made you.

That implies that any god is natural. Prove he made me you fuck. You will absolutely lose.

>Satan wants you to believe "you can become like god!" through technology and trans-humanism and New Age philosophy.

No one wants to become a god. Fucking christ you're retarded. Trans-humanism is nothing more than a philosophy in which we use technology to enhance ourselves beyond our natural capability, to do what previously could not be done. To integrate technology with us, rather than as an extension of us. Your knowledge on philosophy is severely lacking. Also Satan has to be the most convenient copout I've ever heard.
>>
>people taking the troll seriously
>>
>>560817
You worship yourself.

You're a materialist, fedora-tipping cuck that sucks the devil's sperm.

Whether you believe in God/Satan is irrelevant, you are being used in a spiritual battle that has been going on since the dawn of mankind.

You are on the wrong side of history.

I'll pray for you.
>>
>>560805
I had high hopes for this board. I really fucking did, it was probably the board I've wanted most for the longest time, but people fucked it up.
>>
>>560818
You're right, I should stop replying to the retarded Ball Earthers.

We all know the Earth is flat, we have known this since antiquity.

/his/ does not fall for satanic deceptions.

/thread
>>
nasa has a snake tongue in its logo...

yet atheists still think nasa is benevolent
>>
>>560818
>>560821
This is fucking glorious to read though.
>>
>>560825

>We all know the Earth is flat, we have known this since antiquity.

The scholars of antiquity literally all knew that Earth was round since before the birth of Jesus.
>>
>>560831
>some retards/sun worshippers believed in a ball earth

So?

It didn't became the majority until Copernicus, which was a Freemason who delved into sun worship.

>yes goy, the Earth revolves around the Sun!
>the Sun doesn't revolve around the Earth as the Bible says, don't listen to that old book!
>worship the Sun! yess.. yesssss...

t. Paganism
>>
File: space-station-mir.jpg (48 KB, 639x420) Image search: [Google]
space-station-mir.jpg
48 KB, 639x420
>>
>>560841
Why do you believe this is real?

I'm really curious as to why you have so much faith and trust in them.
>>
>>560840
Flat Earth was only believed by Europeans. Arabs and the East in general had known and used math to prove that Earth is round.
>>
>>560820
>You worship yourself.

You're god damn right.

>You're a materialist

Better than a spiritualist.

>fedora-tipping cuck

Those two are totally contradictory, thankfully I'm neither.

>that sucks the devil's sperm

If Satan's sperm tastes like nice scotch than I don't mind.

>Whether you believe in God/Satan is irrelevant

Apparently it is according to you.

>you are being used in a spiritual battle that has been going on since the dawn of mankind.

A spiritual battle that you can't see, hear, examine, touch, or anything like that. I suppose you're doing "god's work". Last time I checked, people that did god's work took down the twin towers. People that do "god's work" embark on crusades that kill millions of people. People that do "god's work" put all of Europe in an illiterate shit hole for 800 years. "God's work" is only used to fit an agenda and narrative with a supporting ideology.

>You are on the wrong side of history.

Then I love this side of history, and it is you that is phasing out of history.

>I'll pray for you.

Sure, and I'll pray to Cthulu for you.
>>
>>560841
>no stars
>fish-eye lense again

And that station looks like a toy.

Like those figurines that were used in Star Wars and early sci-fi movies.
>>
>>560852
Even without space agencies, math proves the Earth is round, bucko. Mathematicians from Antiquity had no agenda to make us worship the Sun.
>>
>>560852
Because fisheye lenses don't act like that, I have one.
>>
>>560862
Prove to me the Earth is round.

How does math prove a ball Earth?
>>
>>560859
That's not how fisheye lenses work, Anon.
>>
>>560853
What? Of course not, most scholars in Europe knew the Earth was round. It was common knowledge to the educated mind. The Chinese were the last to believe in a flat earth.
>>
Not that guy but, NASA has indeed been caught photoshopping images.

One image of the Earth (which is supposed to be real) has multiple of the exact same cloud formations.
>>
>>560840

>It didn't became the majority until Copernicus, which was a Freemason who delved into sun worship.

It quite literally was near universal since at least 200 B.C. Which is again, the entire basis of all those attempts to measure the earth's side by shadow estimation.

Your daily reminder that Columbus's argument wasn't flat earth vs round earth, it was about the earth's size.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myth_of_the_flat_Earth
By the way, heliocentrism and whether or not the earth is flat or round are two completely seperate things.

>>560853

It wasn't believed by Europeans at all. It's a damn stupid meme.
>>
>>560869
>>560873
You're right. My apologies.
>>
File: 2002-blue-marble-anomalies.png (725 KB, 800x500) Image search: [Google]
2002-blue-marble-anomalies.png
725 KB, 800x500
>>560871
This one?

NASA is a fraud.
>>
>>560876
ball earthers BTFO
>>
>147 posts
>24 posters
/his/ was a mistake
>>
>>560866
Eratosthenes calculated the Earth's circumference. He was only able to do so because of the Earth's curvature.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eratosthenes#Measurement_of_the_Earth.27s_circumference
>>
>>560883
>>560883
If there's one topic I'll argue to the death of me, it's astronomy, Anon. I can't stand people who say stupid shit like "The Earth is flat", "The moon landing (despite there being multiple) was fake", etc.
>>
>>560883
As OP I hate myself for this.
>>
>>560886
http://testingtheglobe.com/

There is more evidence supporting a flat Earth than a ball Earth.
>>
>>560891
Earth is an ellipsoid, not a ball.
>>
>>560886
it's fucking b8 man, get over it
>>
>>560891
The only "evidence" to support it is nothing more than psedo-science by people with no proper understanding of science or astronomy.
>>
>>560904
NASA is pseudo-science you retarded idiot

Actual science proves a flat Earth.
>>
>>560909
NASA ISN'T THE ONLY FUCKING AUTHORITY ON SCIENCE YOU RETARD

god americans are ignorant.
>>
>>560909

Erasthones is very sad about how you keep ignoring him. Should I say it's because you don't know how to refute him? I'm sure that would make him feel better.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fcteYfOMgJg

Flat Earth is a fact.
>>
>>560876
PLEASE TELL ME YOU HAVE POSTED THIS BEFORE
YOU EDITED THIS PICTURE, RIGHT?
>>
>>560885

>>560891
>>560909
>>560917
Your response?
>>
>>560920
Nope, it's an official image by NASA.

They're a bunch of liars.
>>
>>560917
>fact

I don't think you know the meaning of that word.
>>
>>560504
>stopped reading
translation: TRIGGERED
>>
>>560923
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj0NwT2kmCU
>>
>>560926
>Implying NASA has any reason to lie, especially now.

kekekekekek
>>
>>560930
I chucked at that too.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C38Km5SABJo

How can anyone refute this?

The moon and sun ARE CLOSE TO THE EARTH, exactly as the Bible says!

This video is recent, 2 January 2016.
>>
>>560943
Are you still going with this bait? Like if you are keep going, I could use a couple more keks.
>>
>>560932
I haven't laughed so hard in a long long time. Thank you.
>>
>>560956
You got REKT and now you're mad

That video disproves heliocentrism
>>
>>560943
The guy talking makes a lot of sense actually..

>most of world believes earth is a sphere
>USA/Russia goes up to prove it once and for all with photographs
>instead they see a completely flat Earth

If they told the world that the Earth was flat, we'd be shocked because we believed in the heliocentric model.

But if they burried the truth and pretended the Earth is round, that would keep us in line..

Never thought of it that way.
>>
>>560972
>sphericity has anything to do with heliocentrism
>mfw i'm replying to a reddit shill
>>
>>560972

>They see a completely flat Earth

Have you ever taken seen a sphere head on.
>>
>>560932
topkek
>>
Project Fishbowl.

They tried to blow a hole in the firmament by using nukes.
>>
File: yfw God exists.gif (1 MB, 235x240) Image search: [Google]
yfw God exists.gif
1 MB, 235x240
>yfw the Bible is literally true
>>
>>560998
you obviously haven't touched it
>>
>>560999
Fuck off Satan, with your inverted 666.
>>
>>560668
2/10 for making me reply to this bait.
>>
>>560998

How can it be when it contradicts itself?
>>
File: scripture.jpg (297 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
scripture.jpg
297 KB, 800x600
>>561017
The KJV has no contradiction whatsoever.

Maybe your modern perverted versions.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msY3xc8pVLE

11:14 Bubble rises to the surface.

IT'S ALL FILMED UNDERWATER.
>>
>>561030

You like the KJV, huh?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Mark+15%3A34&version=KJV

>And at the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani? which is, being interpreted, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Matthew+27%3A46&version=KJV

>And about the ninth hour Jesus cried with a loud voice, saying, Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani? that is to say, My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke+23%3A46&version=KJV

>And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+19%3A30&version=KJV

>When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost.

So which one of those 4 were Jesus's last words on the cross? And please note that Mark and Matthew give the same message, but make different claims as to what language Jesus said it in. Was it Hebrew or Aramaic?
>>
>>560508
fuck off mick
>>
>>561098

where does it say "these are Jesus last words" in any of those 4 passages?
>>
>>560482
>yfw how kike-y the presidents become 1900 and onward.
>>
>>561270

In Luke and John, right there in the passage, given that he "gives up the ghost" immediately thereafter. In Mark and Matthew, 3 and 4 verses later, each containing an interlude about how onlookers thought he was invoking Elijah.

For that matter, what about the fact that John doesn't have the crucifixion on the same day as the other three?
>>
>>560432
>can it ever be used for good?
good is pretty subjective
>>
>>560508
nice try O'brian
>>
>>560444
Yeah. West African history is a minefield because of this shit.
>>
>>560432
History itself is subject to ideological bias, which stems from tribalism.
>>
>>561724
Explain
>>
>>560754
if the earth is flat and contained in a dome how can they construct a space station and keep it up there? Lizard levitation magic?
>>
File: TIROS-1-Earth.png (129 KB, 527x582) Image search: [Google]
TIROS-1-Earth.png
129 KB, 527x582
this is the best photo of earth for dealing with flat earthers, the first television picture of the earth (and it shows my home province!)
>clearly shows the curvature of the earth
>showed the actual weather patterns at that moment, corroborated by US weather bureau (the entire project was to test whether imaging weather patterns from space would be feasible or useful)
>shown to the president the very same day in 1960 when image alteration was very time consuming

http://www.photolib.noaa.gov/brs/spind1.htm
note also a whole bunch of pictures of hurricanes taken from space, you can check the dates they were taken against the recorded positions of those storms if you want, crazy person.
Thread replies: 196
Thread images: 23

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.