[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should we identify with bodies or should we recognize them as
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3
File: 1444995333326.jpg (3 KB, 250x250) Image search: [Google]
1444995333326.jpg
3 KB, 250x250
Should we identify with bodies or should we recognize them as vessels for our brains and see the face as a mask for manipulation?
>>
Better question, how to we prevent autists from trying to do philosophy?
>>
File: polishing a pigs ass.gif (196 KB, 500x371) Image search: [Google]
polishing a pigs ass.gif
196 KB, 500x371
>2015+1
>not ignoring the cries of the flesh
>not living like a medieval monk and seeking spiritual salvation
>>
Our bodies are just vehicles for the soul.
>>
>>560394
considering the brain is completely tied to the body (at least until we get brain jars) there is no reason not to identify with the body
>>
File: 1306816780364.jpg (15 KB, 235x260) Image search: [Google]
1306816780364.jpg
15 KB, 235x260
We are not the thoughts rushing by all day. We are not our emotions. We are the conscious thought pattern. The body is constantly giving emotions and feeling. But that's not "me".
>>
>>560394
>and see the face as a mask for manipulation

psychopathfag detected
>>
>>560394
New information entering the mind comes through the senses. Positioning the body in relation to writing has been an increasingly necessary part of thought these last few thousand years; you cannot comment on any of the new developments in thought without physically interfacing with the record. Neglecting the body limits the mind.

Stand next to good books and smart people, even or maybe especially if you only value the mind.
>>
Looking at it from a technical standpoint, the body really is nothing more than a life support suit that envelops the brain and nervous system. The nervous system is the interface through which that suit is controlled and stimuli is relayed to the brain.

You certainly can construct your identity using your body as a basis, and many do, but this is often counterproductive.
>>
>>560394
i do both, try it some time
>>
>>560606
This
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.