[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me something good and something bad with Deadliest Warrior.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5
File: Deadliest.jpg (47 KB, 480x264) Image search: [Google]
Deadliest.jpg
47 KB, 480x264
I'll start.

Good - pretty entertaining if you don't get involved with the petty arguments between the so-called experts.

Bad - any episodes involving guns. Examples like Spetnaz, IRA, etc. Boring stuff.
>>
>>560284
Bad- It existed

Good- it was cancelled
>>
>>560284

>Spetnaz
>Boring
American Green Beret detected.
>>
bad-it was stupid

good-it was fun/it triggered the autism of most history fags
>>
Good - IRA vs. Al Qaeda
Bad - Washington vs. Napoldon and anything with "USA vs. the rest of the world"
>>
>>560302
Neither. All guns are the same. All swords aren't the same.

Mind blown.
>>
>>560329
Totally agreed. Anything representing USA sounds like it might be rigged.
>>
>>560334
Also Joan of Arc personally killing William the Conqueror.
>>
>>560342
I'll buy that maybe Joan's troops can beat William's but not in one-on-one.
>>
>>560330
>All guns are the same.
>>
>>
>>560330

>Amerian
A fucking longass speech about how his machine gun is so awesome and has bluetooth and what not.
>Spetnatz
AK 74, better than AK 47

>Spetnatz wins.
>>
File: joan-vs-william-wallace_13.jpg (153 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
joan-vs-william-wallace_13.jpg
153 KB, 1280x720
>>
File: sadd.jpg (161 KB, 1865x1059) Image search: [Google]
sadd.jpg
161 KB, 1865x1059
This guy was a warrior.
>>
>>560284
a gladiator isn't a real warrior, he's an actor and isn't trained to kill but rather to wound.
>>
>>560410
m8, that game was pretty fun
>>
>>560410
GOAT broken game
>>
NUM NUM
NUM NUM
NUM NUM

Why were the non whites generally so shitty? I think only the Asians were respectable.

Also because the show was autistic.
>>
>>560427
>he isn't dead
>he was merely pretending
>>
Good- entertaining to watch, original w/ nothing else like it
Bad- Awful facts and what not, experts are typically users not historians
>>560342
>>560353
Thank god someone said something. This was the straw that broke the camels back for me
>>
>>560284
>Bad - any episodes involving guns.
Are you trying to imply that the episodes involving historical weaponry weren't retarded as fuck, the equipment they used anachronistic and at least in the form it was presented probably didn't even exist? Not to mention their claim to be "scientific".

The Deadliest Warrior is utterly stupid and the worst type of American "edutainment", since it gives people the impression it was educating them about history, when it's actually giving them false ideas, making them LESS knowledgeable than they were before watching.
>>
File: 1448388743553.png (175 KB, 645x589) Image search: [Google]
1448388743553.png
175 KB, 645x589
Obligatory
>>
>>560957
Forgot
>ska music plays between clips
>>
>>560957
This is so true it's not even funny.
>>
>>560783
>Why were the non whites generally so shitty?

what?
>>
Good: it was a fun, stupid show that gets people excited about history

Bad: massive budget and hr limitations meant that the fights wherent very surgical or accurate
>>
Good - Weapons testing.

Bad - Everything else.
>>
Yall faggots need to lighten up. The show was a breddy good way to waste some time and bring to life long dead weapons
>>
>>560330
>all guns are the same
Yeah, no.

>>560427
No.
>>
>>560957
god, I can even hear the voices in my head
>>
>>560957
>implying Most Extreme wasn't based
>>
>>560284
>roman centurion versus rajput warrior
>one specific officer versus an entire group of people influenced by centuries of fighting of a type different than it.
>use exotic weapons that were rarely used
>>
>>561447
>discounts the romans shield entirely
Aftershows admitted to this, said it was why he lost.

Roman representative lost his shit and absolutely demolished the cast.

Apparently they don't get to choose their weapons, and said that had he be given a choice-he'd had happily taken just she shield, even without the sword. He also asked why he was carrying a shield in the tests if it wasn't counted.
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.