[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>you will never be as perfect as Christ Why even bother?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg (100 KB, 1000x746) Image search: [Google]
flat,1000x1000,075,f.u4.jpg
100 KB, 1000x746
>you will never be as perfect as Christ

Why even bother?
>>
>>558391
That's not the point?
>>
>>558391
Dude was a failed messiah, like a bunch of other Jews before him and after him.
>>
>you will never be a country hick that takes up a life of begging for food and claiming to be a god only for the judean authorities to call your bluff and execute me in the most horrific fashion imaginable
>>
>>558478
I don't see any other Jew being the centerpiece of the World's largest religion
>>
>>558523
There is always one that wins out. Very similar to how Joseph Smith jr. won out in the 1800s US against all the other "prophets" who were claiming to receive revelations from God; Robert Matthews for example.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Matthews_(religious_figure)

There will always be one winner, like in all new religious movements.
>>
>>558542
Mr Smith Skimps off Jesus
>>
Man this is the deepest thing I've ever heard.

Because Christ never existed, he's saying he will never be as perfect as that. He's showing the very nature of living is flawed and imperfect and therefore the only thing pure is the non-existant Christ

deep man
>>
>>558619
kek
>>
The point of being a Christian (follower of Christ) is to recognize you're a sinner.

It is to recognize that only Jesus can save you through His precious blood.

It is to recognize that we are pilgrims in enemy territory. Our home is an eternal one. This temporary life does not matter.
>>
>>558630
>The point of being a Christian (follower of Christ) is to recognize you're a sinner.
>jesus invented white guilt
>>
>>558632
No you retard, all of mankind are sinners.
It doesn't matter where you're from.

We all suffer from death, sin and evil since the Fall in Genesis.

If you're going to be spiritual, you're going to struggle against the flesh and its lusts.
>>
>>558645
fuck you I'm perfect
>>
>>558652
That's what Satan wants you to believe.
>>
>>558661
so why does anyone care about jesus again?
>>
>>558619
Do you wash your fedora or dry clean it?
>>
>>558391
>you will never be a qt trap
>>
>>558652
Vanity is a sin, so you just contradicted yourself. Literally kill yourself faggot.
>>
Feels bad man
>>
Actually you will be.

When you die, you will become just like Christ.
You will be in a glorified and new body.

This sinful and corrupt body is only temporary.
>>
File: 1439584752677.jpg (20 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1439584752677.jpg
20 KB, 480x360
>destroys a fig tree for not giving him fruit
>calls a gentile woman a "dog"
>contemplating a sin is the same as committing it
>literally thought that Yahweh was soon to intervene in the world to save the righteous
>claims he will return in his current form within the apostles lifetime
>fulfills none of the Messianic requirements from Isiah which much be completed in his lifetime; such as bringing the Jews eternal joy and happiness, restoring the ruined cities of Israel, and the overthrow of all tyranny, death, war, disease, and famine.
But I'm sure he was speaking symbolically the whole time
>>
>>558894
>But I'm sure he was speaking symbolically the whole time
>implying you can even understand His words
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.