[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone on [spoiler]/r9k/[/spoiler] just posted this video
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: fitsch.png (178 KB, 733x420) Image search: [Google]
fitsch.png
178 KB, 733x420
Someone on [spoiler]/r9k/[/spoiler] just posted this video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZp7eVJNJuw

It makes me wonder of what the general view of public education throughout the phase of German idealism was
>>
Weirdly enough, there are documents that record the actual THOUGHTS of the German Idealists. Crazy, I know, but if you're interested in learning about the attitudes of the GIs I'd start with those. I think--but don't quote me on this--that these documents are available in these, like, storehouses. I think they're called, I dunno, lieberries or something. I wonder if there are any near where you live?

Anyway, good luck on your search!
>>
>>556497
of course, you could write an answer like this for every thread - what's the point, really
>>
>>556497
>Ask about the relationship between German idealism and the German education system
>"Why don't you just read Ficthe or Hegel?"
What a God-awful post you've made.
>>
>>556497
T. Tumblr
>>
>>556549
>>556587

Both Fichte and Hegel believed in a civic education system, much like the one mandated by Frederik II, as this best brought the interests of the particular (citizens) into alignment with the universal (state). This is so obvious to not even need stating. You both need to develop a sense of humour.
>>
>>556861
OP would clearly be better helped by secondary sources for this, reading Hegel's lecture plans wouldn't tell you as much about the relationship between Fichtean ontopolitics and the American public school system as you seem to think it would. It just doesn't seem plausible to me, since 150 years have passed since he died and people have probably done research into this kind of thing.
>humour
I don't see what you mean with this last point, desu senpai
>>
>>557033

You don't actually know the first thing of what I think, you silly cunt. And if you had the answer up your sleeve this whole time I wonder what kept you from half-slipping it out until now.
>>
>>557051
I don't have an actual recommendation, I was correcting your assertion that simply reading Fichte or Hegel will actually give you insight into public opinion of German idealism when it was in Prussian vogue or the influence of German idealism on American education through the adoption of Prussian education systems in the US. Beyond what's contained in the video in the OP, I don't know much, but from what I've read of Hegel and Fichte, you aren't likely to get the kind of information OP really wants from them, and since he asks explicitly about what people thought of Hegel, it's clear that he's more interested (at this moment, at least) in what others thought of Hegel than in what Hegel thought. Fuck off.
>>
>>557066
Don't you thinking the video is a little over the top, the Nazi motivations and such
>>
>>559541
Let's call a spade a spade, desu
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.