[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Tell me about the history of this flag.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8
File: concommenters0.jpg (281 KB, 2820x1586) Image search: [Google]
concommenters0.jpg
281 KB, 2820x1586
Tell me about the history of this flag.
>>
>>555019
It's made of rape
>>
>>555019
St. Andrew's Cross to show their Anglophilia just like the US' flag was an adaptation of the BIC's flag to show their Jewery.
>>
>>555019

it comes to show all the liberty and democracy crap if there for the gullible masses because as soon as some parts of USA try to get their own shit going they'd get stomped
>>
>>555047
Lol
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULBCuHIpNgU
>>
>>555452
I wanted to post this¨!
>>
>meme "south dindu nuffin" flag before WWII
>becomes anti-civil rights symbol after the war
>remains anti-civil rights symbol, but they start calling it "southern pride"
>southerners proceed to get upset that the flag makes blacks butthurt instead of getting upset that white supremacists regularly fly it
>IRL /pol/tard gets it #btfo
>>
>>555611
wew lad...

try to hold back all that angst
>>
>>555019
It's a good symbol for the rights of states and shouldn't be associated with racism at all.
>>
File: 1451521735953.jpg (6 KB, 250x236) Image search: [Google]
1451521735953.jpg
6 KB, 250x236
>>555615
>yfw
>>
>>555620

...the rights of states to own slaves as people. Those are the rights you are referring to.
>>
>>555709

Own people as slaves

God damn it
>>
>>555709
>...the rights of states to secede without being unjustifiably attacked. Those are the rights you are referring to.

ftfy
>>
>>555761
Unilateral, violent secession (or as I like to call it, "chimping out")
>>
>>555773
Forgot to add, of which the root cause was slavery.
>>
>>555761
Being unjustifiably attacked because they chose to compromise the security of the United States so that they could own slaves.
>>
>>555775
To be fair, most of them didn't own slaves.
They simply fought for the rights of their superiors to own slaves, so they could ensure there would always be a "rung" on the social ladder below them.
>>
>>555782
>literally fought a war based on ABOLITIONISTS GET OUT! REEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>555761
the south shot first
>>
>>555019
That's the confederate naval jack from 1863.

A flag for a navy that had already been sunk.
>>
File: Sherman.jpg (17 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Sherman.jpg
17 KB, 300x300
>>555761

> Unjustifiably attacked

William T. Sherman has some words for you:

> I notice in Kentucky a disposition to cry against the tyranny and oppression of our Government. Now, were it not for war you know tyranny could not exist in our Government; therefore any acts of late partaking of that aspect are the result of war; and who made this war? Already we find ourselves drifting toward new issues, and are beginning to forget the strong facts of the beginning. You know and I know that long before the North, or the Federal Government, dreamed of war the South had seized the U.S. arsenals, forts, mints, and custom-houses, and had made prisoners of war of the garrisons sent at their urgent demand to protect them 'against Indians, Mexicans, and negroes'. I know this of my own knowledge, because when the garrison of Baton Bouge was sent to the Rio Grande to assist in protecting that frontier against the guerrilla Cortina, who had cause of offense against the Texan people, Governor Moore made strong complaints and demanded a new garrison for Baton Rouge, alleging as a reason that it was not prudent to have so much material of war in a parish where there were 20,000 slaves and less than 5,000 whites, and very shortly after this he and Bragg, backed by the militia of New Orleans, made 'prisoners of war' of that very garrison, sent there at their own request.
>>
Why us it so popular among (eastern) European separatists?
>>
>>556137
They understand what it means.
>>
>>556109

Uncle Billy had the best quotes

>No rebels shall be allowed to remain at Davis Mill so much as an hour. Allow them to go, but do not let them stay. And let it be known that if a farmer wishes to burn his cotton, his house, his family, and himself, he may do so. But not his corn. We want that.
>>
>>555019
The stars mean exactly what you'd assume.

The reason they picked a saltire shape is because so many southerners were either of Scottish or loyalist Irish extraction.
>>
i think if i get it straight it was more about economic reasons than moral issues .
>>
>>555019
a bunch of red necks lost a war and for some reason they are really proud about this.
>>
>>556066
lol
>>
>>555019
I'm most interested in the history of this flag between 1865 and 1945.
>>
>>555019
It represents the glory and struggle of the lost cause brother.
>>
These threads are designed for people to be given the opportunity to trigger southerners.
The political history of the CSA was somewhere in between the two extremes proposed by >muh rights
and >muh slavery. The politics of the modern usage also less somewhere between >muh raycusm
and >muh pride
abd this is the nature of the south. It's a place off unique history plagued by racial strife. You can't have one without the other here and the flag sorta follows that trend.
t. Southerner
>>
>>555555
>>
File: marinesiraq.jpg (148 KB, 720x679) Image search: [Google]
marinesiraq.jpg
148 KB, 720x679
>>557281
Used constantly in the armed forces as late as 2005.
>>
>>556508
no, they picked the saltire shape because the sephardic jewish community in Charleston requested a religiously neutral symbol
>>
File: got ya.jpg (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
got ya.jpg
9 KB, 225x225
You are all faggots! that is the colors of the first Virginian confederates commanded by Robbert e lee and that is not the confederate flag. it looks like the surrender flag with the stars and bars because rebles only know how to lose wars ROFL.. MERICA
>>
>>555042
>anglophilia
>>
>>558054
Cadet outfits at Texas A&M still use it in iconography.

I think one outfit used to be called Boozin' B-2 by this symbol but recently switched over to something newer.
>>
File: eqkjt7zzenn2xzv72yvc.jpg (66 KB, 604x403) Image search: [Google]
eqkjt7zzenn2xzv72yvc.jpg
66 KB, 604x403
>>558054
>>561823
>>557281
Many fraternities and such still have "old south" days.

Follow Old Row on instagram and you'll see some.
>>
>>555611
Wow I never knew Molly Hatchet and Lynyrd Skynyrd were anti-civil rights groups. You learn something new every day.
>>
File: redneck-edition_o_3653931.jpg (224 KB, 640x640) Image search: [Google]
redneck-edition_o_3653931.jpg
224 KB, 640x640
>>555019
The stars for number to that of the Confederate States
The blue for our cold blood
And the red for our necks.
>>
>>562142
I'll betcha they'd complain more about the blacks who take offense to the flag than they would about the white supremacists who proudly fly it.
Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.