[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Vendeen Genocide
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5
File: 1280px-Exécution_Charette.jpg (425 KB, 1280x970) Image search: [Google]
1280px-Exécution_Charette.jpg
425 KB, 1280x970
What is /his/ opinion about Vendeen Genocide(War in the Vendée). Does Republican forces were too brutal?
>>
>>552050
>Genocide
fuck off

>What is /his/
What is /his/'

>Genocide(War
Genocide (War

>Does Republican forces were too brutal?
Were the Republican forces too brutal?

Look up who benefitted from the assignats and how land was redistributed to the nascent bourgeois farmers.
>>
File: georgie.jpg (5 KB, 179x186) Image search: [Google]
georgie.jpg
5 KB, 179x186
Martyrs
>>
File: 1452431375453.gif (184 KB, 500x733) Image search: [Google]
1452431375453.gif
184 KB, 500x733
>>552062
>Look up who benefitted(...)

I am asking about your fucking opionon man, not what i should search up.
>>
>>552083
>opionon
Opinions are like arseholes, cheaply purchased in Thailand.
>>
File: 54.jpg (44 KB, 410x523) Image search: [Google]
54.jpg
44 KB, 410x523
>>552101
Take your philosophy somewhere else.
Thank you :^)
>>
>>552110
"Too brutal" only attains meaning in a political, not a historical context. >>>/pol/

Opinions are like arseholes, uninformed and disinteresting once you've fucked a few bloody.

Either start citing and summarising Bloch, or someone equally interesting, or fuck off back to your shitty undergraduate seminar in a third rate school.
>>
>>552116
>Either start citing and summarising Bloch, or someone equally interesting
For what purpose?
>>
>>552126
>>27939
>>
>half the population dead
>not genocide
>>
>>552164
No, it isn't. Start looking into the theoretical definitions of genocide you fucking loon.
>>
>>552062
>>Genocide
>fuck off

You're right; it was simple democide, not genocide.
>>
>>552208
>democide
Go to bed Rummel.
>>
>>552228
I don't believe in representative government, senpai. Democracy is a fucking abomination at anything more than a local level.
>>
>>552116
Not him but what the fuck is your problem?

>"Too brutal" only attains meaning in a political, not a historical context
It's clearly not, you illiterate hack.
>>
>>552251
What is the appropriate level of brutality? Answer without a political basis.

Appeals to deontology or consequentialism will get you laughed out of the thread.

You have one hour. This question is worth 60% of your final grade.
>>
>>552244
What on earth do your personal political beliefs have to do with Rummel's absence of mastery of theory?
>>
>>552259
I thought you were insinuating that I was a fan of democracy because his conclusions were usually along the line of "democracy is te best thing ever".
>>
>>552257
The point is obviously not about "appropriate level of brutality" in the moral sense. For fuck sake you /phil/ kids are cancer. I wasn't in favor of separating the boards before but now I'm not so sure.
>>
>>552269
Why would I insinuate something about your political beliefs?

>>552277
If the point isn't about an appropriate level of brutality then why have you stooped to the rhetorical lows of fundamentally colouring your historiographical position with cheap rhetorical appeals to emotion which situate your narrative as a political intervention into a long dead debate over who should profit over the distribution of the estates?
>>
>>552283
>Why would I insinuate something about your political beliefs?
Well considering that the thread is about the time a bunch of republicans brutally crushed most of an entire province for going against the grain and you equated me to an ardent supporter of democracy, I think the misunderstanding is easily understood.
>>
>>552293
>and you equated me to an ardent supporter of democracy, I think the misunderstanding is easily understood.

I think you're touchy and jumping at paper tigers. Rummel is rather famous for his idea of "democide," and for being pretty much the only person who thinks it is a useful term.
>>
>>552300
>Rummel is rather famous for his idea of "democide," and for being pretty much the only person who thinks it is a useful term.

And equally famous for pushing his idea that Democracy is a civic magic bullet.
>>
>>552304
For which he is even less qualified to make a statement upon than his ridiculous concept of democide or his laughable "statistical analysis."

Never trust UoHawaii's honorary appointments.
>>
Good thread guys
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.