[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What would the Muslim world and population be like today if it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1
What would the Muslim world and population be like today if it didn't get BTFO by the Mongols? What would Baghdad be like?
>>
>>5490

Baghdad would be amazing to be at. All that knowledge.
>>
>Mongols
Pretty sure Prester John BTFO their empire
>>
>>5490
It would be top civilization. I would move back.
>>
>>5567
Did the Mongols ever come into contact with the Ethiopians?
>>
>>5490
Baghdad was already shit, Cairo was the head by that time. 900's and on Baghdad a shit
>>
It wouldn't be all that different. The Islamic golden age was already past its glory years by the time the Mongols hit and their political stability had turned to shit for several centuries prior once they started using slave-based or foreign mercenary armies.

Plenty of muslim regions were never invaded by the Mongols and just look at them today.
>>
>>5705
Yeah no, that's like thousand kilometers from where the mongols ended their conquest
>>
I saw a quote from Mahmoud Abbas a few weeks ago where he called the holocaust "the worst crime against humanity in modern history". I thought it was curious that he specifically said modern history.

I wonder if as an arab he considers the mongol sack of Baghdad to be the worst crime against humanity in all of history.
>>
>>5902
>Bahai would have had explosive growth
'no'

No off shoots of Islam has ever made it big.
>>
>>5902
>Bahai would have had explosive growth
Baha'ism didn't even exist yet.
>>
>>6041
Oh sorry. Post deleted then.
>>
>>5490
It doesn't matter. There are few 'ifs' when discussing empires - they're cyclical and once they've run their course and had their centuries or power and glory they crumble and fall. There's no 'what if Rome was never sacked?' because by the time that happened Rome had already been on its knees for decades, just like the Arab world had stagnated enough to the point where they couldn't defend themselves against barbarians anymore.
>>
>>6247
>they're cyclical and once they've run their course and had their centuries or power and glory they crumble and fall.

as per Ibn Khaldun
>>
>>6315
I've never read any of his works, but it seems to be in my taste.

http://www.newworldeconomics.com/archives/2014/092814_files/TheFateofEmpiresbySirJohnGlubb.pdf

Here's another link if you're interested in the rise&decline of civilizations. It's very entry level but gives a decent enough overlook on the subject.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.