[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Inner Corruption of Catholic Church
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2
File: front_close_up-1.jpg (154 KB, 900x457) Image search: [Google]
front_close_up-1.jpg
154 KB, 900x457
I'll preface this by saying I am a very traditional Catholic.

Is there something in particular about the Catholic Church and its structure that has caused its hierarchy to be so corrupted and shitty throughout the ages?

For a long time I assumed clergy misbehavior was a thing of the past, a Renaissance relic. But officials all the way up to Cardinals have admitted 30%+ homosexuals in their ranks, and estimates have been made that HALF of all clergy don't follow the vows of celibacy. HALF. This isn't a few renegade priests struggling to follow the rules--it's an institutionalized hypocrisy.

I honestly feel sort of cheated looking back at all the priests of my childhood. My diocese was largely spared the child abuse scandal, but how many of my priests were secretly fucking other priests or women in the parish?

I'm feeling very disillusioned with the institutional church and wondering if maybe the Orthodox have got it right on sexuality.
>>
>>775193
>Meanwhile, Mr. Garrison has confronted his father about the issues of sexual molestation, however, the issue was not that his dad had molested him, but rather that he felt neglected because his father had not touched him. When Mr. Mackey finds out about this, he fears Mr. Garrison is so distraught about the issue that he could actually die if Mr. Garrison Sr. does not molest him. Afterwards, Mr. Garrison is assaulted in the middle of the night by a mysterious stranger, and he sets off for the concert happy to have sorted things out with his father.

t. you
>>
>>775193
It's very simple really.

There's no real policing of the clergy, the church won't do it since it damages its image of being virtuous. When there's corruption the church really just doesn't know what to do because they are damned if they act and they are damned if they don't, so they just try to pretend they don't know about it.
>>
>>775193
Most of this would be avoided if the pope just made it ok for priest to get married, like they were able to in the past. You're obviously going to attract odd people when you make "no sex, no relationships, no marriage, no children" your requirement.
>>
>>775220
But popes are always old and will be grumpy they spent their lives celibate for no reason.
>>
>its a religion thread that does not discuss history of religion.
Humanities needs to really fuck off to a new board. Makes this shit /pol/ and /new/ by the day
>>
>>775193
Because they abandoned Christ when thy broke from the Orthodox Church and fell to the third temptation of Satan.

They lost the protection of the holy spirit and hence fell into corruption
>>
The entire basis of Catholicism is avoiding consequences for actions. Confess it all away.
>>
>>775193
Satanic infiltration and simple human moral failure.
>>
I discerned a vocation to the priesthood for a while, but ultimately decided against it. Why? I can't be a hypocrite. I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to be celibate and would eventually end up fucking some woman from the parish.

From what I've read online, a lot of priests are seen as forbidden fruit to women. They go for them. I'd say 50%+ of priests regularly have sex with women.

Bishops look the other way because we have a priest shortage and as long as their priests are fucking kids or causing scandals, who will this harm?
>>
>>775226
Who did Jesus build his Church on? Oh right Peter the patriarch of Rome.

The schism falls on Eastern Orthodoxy. No wonder they became the slaves of communists and Turks.
>>
>>775291
I meant as long as priests aren't fucking kids of causing scandals.
>>
>>775226
>Orthodox Church
>calling others corrupt

Your church is literally ran by the money of the local mobs and governments.
>>
>>775193
You should study Saint Francis of Assai.

He was living in truly decadent times where the priest may have been a noblemans 3rd son who kept mistresses on the side.

Yet when most were crying out heretical anti clerical ideas, Francis understood that it's not the priest who make up the Church and that the sacrament is valid whether a pure or corrupt priest gave it out.
>>
>>775303
Solution is castration of priests of forced marriage of priests. Also after 1st they sing much better.
>>
>>775193
look, it is simple. not a single rationalism can destroy hedonism. form this and the stupidity of Catholics to rely on the reason to change their behaviors, you conclude that catholics are just hedonists in disguise.
>>
>>775304
as minor they have support, lucky one, some folk religions even do not have money for building and run organized temple onto city.
>>
>>775322
Oh wew lads, it's a Slav with Google translate.
>>
>>775304
Your church tried became a government and waged wars, bad a clergy who engaged in orgies and created a second schism.

The protestants destroyed your church but found no purchase in Orthodox lands, there was no need for great repressions and burnings.

Christ established the church on the comunity of the apostles, Rome holds the role of first amoungst equals. Papal supremacy has no basis in the teachings and practices of the early church and the writings of the church fathers.
>>
>Watches Spotlight once
>>
>>775193

You think the good, holy, staunch catholic church has some problems that it is trying to cover up.

Wait until you realize that it is literally the most evil institution on earth, and could give a rip about little boys being buggered.
>>
>>775300
That's the lie the papists use to exert control over people.

It's false.

You don't care that it's false, because you think you are on the inside.
>>
>>775313
Same with voodoo.
>>
>>776919
>Rome holds the role of first amoungst equals.

Rome is Babylon. So saith Peter.
>>
>>777286
>literally the most evil institution on earth
But Anon, even if the East India Company doesn't exist anymore there's still SOCO.
>>
>>777313
Also DeBeers
>>
>>777313
Is their kill count over 68 million, specializing in Christians and Jews?

>>777320
If you're dumb enough to buy coal at a thousand bucks a carat, that's on you.
>>
>>777286
>could
>>
>>775193
>maybe the Orthodox

HOW ABOUT "MAYBE THE BIBLE GOT IT RIGHT"????
>>
>>777341
Where have you got the 68 million from?
Also, read up on the East India Company, seriously.
>>
>>777298
Protestants need not post topkek.

>>776919
Protestants didn't do shit to our church. It was a great cleansing that got rid of the cucks we see today.
Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.