[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
/holocaustdebate/
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1
Please post all debate over the Holocaust in this thread.

Mods, I understand generals are discouraged but I doubt anyone's going to mind this being restricted to one thread.
>>
It happened, it was pretty bad, but no point in keep whining about it. the end
>>
>>5594
Some would argue that reminding people of it could prevent it from happening again.
>>
Happened but 6 million is a ridiculously over exaggerated number
>>
>>5666
We could prevent another if people would stop chimping out over petty differences.
>>
>>5671
What do you think the correct number is?
>>
>>5711
You believe the Jews 'chimped out' and this caused the Holocaust?
>>
>>5441
Happened.

There was no doubt that the Nazis considered Jews the greatest enemy of Germany. First they tried resettlement, which did not work, and then they put them into concentration camps; just like American did with the Japs. The Final Solution was a real thing and death camps were a thing, but a lot of the deaths attributed to the Holocaust came from disease and starvation as the war got worse.
>>
>>5764
No it was the Germans who chimped out.
>>
>>5594
where's the evidence?
>>
It happened but it doesn't mean that the jews didn't over use the event as a scapegoat to having everything their way
>>
>>5842
Also, the Jews were a drop in the bucket compared to other undesirables that died during the war like homosexuals, the disabled, Communists, and Gypsies. No to mention the massacre of Russian civilians.
>>
The only real debate about the Holocaust among legit historians is the Functionalism vs Intentionalism debate on whether or not Hitler intended from the beginning to exterminate the Jews.
>>
>>5988
http://www.ushmm.org/wlc/en/article.php?ModuleId=10007271
>>
>>6197
want to tell me why it's illegal to deny the holocaust in many European countries? why woudl the 'truth' need a law to protect it?
>>
>>6371
That's not an argument that proves the holocaust didn't happen, that's baseless conjecture.

I'm bored so I'll respond to it. There are plenty of reasons to make denying the holocaust illegal other than a conspiracy to hide that it didn't happen. Like the fact that holocaust denial is often associated with hate speech which is banned in many countries. Not necessarily saying that this reason is objectively moral or correct, just saying there are reasons other than to "hide the truth". This means the burden of proof is on you to prove that the holocaust didn't happen rather than the other way around.
>>
>>6560
Are you denying that many of the claims made about the holocaust have since turned out to be completely baseless?
>>
>>6560
>This means the burden of proof is on you to prove that the holocaust didn't happen rather than the other way around.
But trying to investigate and exposing any "proofs" will get you socially crippled for life because "you a not see".
>>
>>6560
>try to prove holocaust didn't happen
>get arrested
i guess that means it DID happen then
>>
>>6631
What claims?
>>
It only happened in the sense that the Jewish people were a continuing financial problem in Germany and Hitler (who gave them an opportunity to leave first, btw) was just acting for the greater good of the preservation of his country. The *ahem* media has completely exaggerated it to profit off of their guilt by acting as if it was the worst act ever committed.
>inb4 /pol/ack
Nope, just enlightened. Everything I say is 100% historically accurate.
>>
>>5842
Didn't work because they didn't do it, they were aware of the risk.
>>
>>6643
Like I said, I'm not here to argue for the banning of holocaust denial. I'm just saying that the fact that holocaust denial is banned in some countries doesn't necessarily mean that the holocaust didn't happen. There's a leap in logic there.
>>
>>6657
Starting with the low-hanging fruit, the soap allegedly made from Jewish fat.
>>
>>6657
jews made into soap and lampshades, gas coming out of showerheads (physically not possible)
>>
>>6767
If soap that was allegedly made from Jewish fat wasn't actually made from Jewish fat, this doesn't mean that the holocaust didn't happen. Historical inaccuracies happen, false conclusions are drawn, it doesn't mean the holocaust itself didn't happen.

>>6843
They weren't actual showerheads they were made to look like showerheads. Like fuck dude a quick wikipedia search will tell you that the chambers were merely meant to look like shower rooms, the nozzles didn't work.
>>
>>6657
The numbers of deaths claimed
>>
>>6923
Exactly. Historical inaccuracies happen, and false conclusions are drawn. These are what certain people are trying to correct, especially given the political capital garnered by the claimed events.
>>
>>7042
Regardless of if what you're saying is true, it doesn't affect my original point: the holocaust happened, and the fact that holocaust denial is illegal in certain countries doesn't disprove that.

I'm not a historian, I'm not here to defend every aspect of the canon version of the Holocaust, I just replied to point out >>6371's and >>6843's logical leaps.
>>
>>7514
there's no logical leap, it is the only thing in the world that is illegal to question
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.