[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Islamic Empire
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
What do you think about the Islamic Empire ?
>>
>>542412
I don't think about the Islamic Empire.
>>
I think it's pretty cool and I'm looking forward to living in it.
>>
>>542428
Takbir :DDD
>>
>>542412
Did the sunni and shia divide happen instantly after Mohammed's death, or was there a few years of relative peace
>>
>>542412
Khalid was a good general and Ali was based. Other than that nothing special.
>>
>>542538
It happened a few short years afterwards
>>
>>542412
Which Islamic empire?
Umayyad Caliphate was literally scum that rightfully got rightfully massacred.- with the exception of Abd-Ar Rahman of Spain who was, by all accounts, based as fuck

Rashiduns and Abbasids were the greatest caliphates in existance.

Seljuk Empire was a million times more based than the more well known Ottoman boyfucker empire- though to be fair , they had their moments.
>>
File: Al Kindi.jpg (70 KB, 396x477) Image search: [Google]
Al Kindi.jpg
70 KB, 396x477
>>542412
also,
Persians made the best scholars and scientists, Turks made the best soldiers, Arabs kicked off the whole thing but went to shit pretty quickly
>>
>>543647
At least 20 odd years afterwards with the aftermath of Uthman's murder. That's basically when people started to side with Ali a whole lot more but the actual divide did not occur until Ali's sons were older men themselves - so not until 30 years after the Prophet's death was there support for Hasan (where he abdicated as Caliph to stop conflict) and another 20 years after that for the incident of Karbala to occur. The theological divide began to develop in the decades following the massacre.
>>
>>543676
>zero mention of the glorious Safavids or Afrashid Empirse
Turk detected
>>
>>545005
> Implying Safavids weren't Turks
>>
Successful because it was the hegemon. Behaved in the way hegemons usually do. Fell when it was no longer the hegemon.

>in b4 hegemonic stability theory is unproven
>>
>>545005
People like you are the reason the discussions on this board are getting worse everyday. You already have int and pol to post "Turk detected" or "Kebab removal", why do you also post them here? You could've explained the point you were trying to make and actually contribute a tiniest bit to the discussion.
>>
Islam is a cancer upon the world.
>>
The medieval middle east was based as fuck. One of the greatest civilizations since Rome. Too bad it got burned and destroyed by Mongol barbarians who then converted to Islam but didn't lose their barbaric ways and proceeded to start a bunch of other, inferior empires in the region. Ottoman Turks were only one step above steppe barbarians. The middle east should have stayed a Caliphate, I'm still mad about Baghdad.
>>
File: The-Edge-Blu-ray.jpg (578 KB, 1528x2000) Image search: [Google]
The-Edge-Blu-ray.jpg
578 KB, 1528x2000
>>546044
>>
>>546118
Mudslime detected
>>
>>546123

>le mudslime xDDD le iron bill xDDD julius bevola xDDDD

Back to your containment board, friend-o.
>>
>>546118
>a violent death cult whose stated aim is to turn the entire world into an iron-age theocracy isn't a cancer on humanity

No anon, you are the edge.
>>
>>546044
>>546141

ITT uneducated faggots who don't know enough about Islam to understand it's no better or worse than Christianity. They're literally the same shit. The only difference is the middle east got fucked by history and is now unstable enough to foster rampant extremism. Blame the Brits.
>>
>>546141

>If you see an unbeliever, say, “I don’t know, maybe he will become a Muslim, and his life will be sealed with the best of deeds, and for his Islam he will emerge free of sin, as a strand of hair is gently removed from dough. As for me, God could cause me to go astray, so that I become of the unbelievers, and my life could be sealed with the worst of deeds. So tomorrow this person might be of the ones drawn to God, and I of the distant ones!

le death cult
>>
>>546146
spot the mudslime
>>
>>546146
Except Islam is cancer.

The fact that religion is cancer in general doesn't excuse this.
>>
>>546157
Nah m8, I'm an atheist. I just take it upon myself to learn about things before blindly parroting the sentiments of /pol/.
>>
>>546146
>Blame the Brits.

this pretty much
>>
>>546146
I never even mentioned Christianity. Christianity is also a cancer upon humanity.

>>546149
This is so laughably out of context that I shouldn't even bother responding, but here you have you reply.

The crucial bit here is "God could cause me to go astray" because that was al-Ghazali's contribution to Islam: the idea that everything is "ordained" or caused by god, and that there is no natural world in the way that Greek and Latin philosophy understood it. He's not saying anything more than that, but what you've left out is where god's design for the believer that becomes one of the unbelievers the next day is that he is damned and is to be slaughtered by the authorities for the crime of apostasy.

These kinds of events are frequently referred to in the Quran by the way, where god turns the hearts of people against him, and after he does so he literally exterminates them from the face of the Earth.
>>
>>546217

>Christianity is also a cancer upon humanity

stopped reading there
>>
>>546146
Wait, were the brits also to blame for the bloody conquest of all the areas surrounding the arabian peninsula, to blame for the local practices of human sacrifice, to blame for pre colonial patterns of ethnic warfare, of whixh we are seeing an echo of in current conflicts, say, between kurds and turks, whixh PREDATES CONLONIALISM

People who blame solonialism for everything should be banned from talking about history. You idiots are elders of zion tier retarded
>>
>>546217
Whether or not religion in general is a cancer is another discussion and off topic, but singling out Islam is retarded.
>>
>>546264
It's a thread about Islam.
>>
>say something about Islam
>b-but christianity!!!
Literally ever /his/ mooselimb ever.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.