[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Did anyone ever stop to say "Wow, don't you think this
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1
File: The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png (411 KB, 2753x1400) Image search: [Google]
The_British_Empire_Anachronous.png
411 KB, 2753x1400
Did anyone ever stop to say "Wow, don't you think this is a BIT excessive?"
>>
>>542100
>"Wow, don't you think this is a BIT excessive?"
"And lose to the frogs? Over my dead redcoat body."
>>
Had to make sure there was no chance the sun could set on us, even if just a couple of metres
>>
>>542100
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hn1VxaMEjRU

I imagine it going something like this.
>>
>>542100
Why? The word of God won't spread itself. Also, British civilisation is the best. We are doing the world a favour by spreading it as widely as we can.
You aren't in favour of oriental despotism are you?
>>
>>542100
When you learn how they governed it you'll find out it wasn't that excessive And were able to manage it. Except India at certain intervals they really needed more administrators
>>
Their shit empire has left no impact on the world at all. The French Empire is still respected to this day, and has clearly left a mark.
>>
It was great, the superior anglos spreading their awesome culture all over the world. It's pretty sad how far they've fallen.
>>
>>543378
Just look at what's happened to Alexander's empire
>>
>>542100
sure.
in the same way people today may find the American Empire a "bit excessive" I guess
>>
>>543112
>in their heyday they [Indian Civil Service officers] mostly run by Englishmen with a few notable sons of Hindus and even a fewer Muslims were the most powerful officials in the Empire, if not the world. A tiny cadre, a little over a thousand strong, ruled more than 300,000,000 Indians. Each Civilian had an average 300,000 subjects, and each Civilian penetrated every corner of his subjects' lives, because the Indian Civil Service directed all the activities of the Anglo-Indian state
>>
>>542100
All the britsh empire should have split into independent colonies with an economic trade union. The empire apart due to the british mainland having trouble maintaining the colonies.
Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.