[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How would the world look like without Christianity? Would it
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3
File: christianity.jpg (4 KB, 275x183) Image search: [Google]
christianity.jpg
4 KB, 275x183
How would the world look like without Christianity? Would it truly be a better place? I'm an atheist but I'm not so sure about it on one hand yeah Christianity did plenty of bad things but so did pagan religions let's not pretend human sacrifice wasn't a thing and that christianity didn't abolish plenty of fucked up practices then again some other religion or philosophy would propably do it as well. To think about it let's say Christianity never existed and some other religion would become a dominant one in Europe do you think it would abuse it's power? Were middle ages avoidable? It seems like WWII and Hitler - if Hitler didn't exist someone else would start WWII anyway.
>>
>>541945
>Were middle ages avoidable
No, snowniggers would have snownigged anyway.
>>
>>541945
>Were middle ages avoidable?

Why would you want to avoid Gothic architecture, stained glass, musical notation, and spectacles?

Oh right, it's cause you're a stupid pleb.
>>
>>541945
The fall of Rome would probably have a harder effect on Europe when warlords have less religious unity or and pagan religions that encouraged warfare.

Zoroastrianism would be the main monotheistic religion, unless Islam still rises without Christian influence which is certainly possible if Jews still exist.

If Islam still forms Europe is fucked.
>>
>>541976

Not much output for thousand years is it? A few cathedrals. In Britainm after Christianity collapsed the Roman Empire, they almost completely lost the knowledge on how to make bricks for several hundred years.
>>
>>542002

Daily reminder that the Renaissance was a step backwards.
>>
>>542002
>after Christianity collapsed the Roman Empire

People still believe this meme?
>>
Hitler was not a Christian he hated the religion and love putting people in death camps in early days of Nazi Germany. He hated the religion so much it took a huge amount of effort for him not to destroy the Vatican. He even confesses to be an Atheist and the concept of Social Darwinism fueled by popular racism at the time lead to his foundations of Nazism against the ideologies of Communism. Why do people not get this? FFS
>>
Some other doom prophet would have invariably taken Jesus' place and we would have hailed Schlomo Schekelvitz, the Redeemer who fought bravely against the Roman Empire and will reappear on the Day of Judgement
>>
>>542025

>death camps in early days of Nazi Germany
>>
>>542002
>thousand years
From when are you counting? The 12th century started a huge reneissance in learning, if there was a thing we can call the "dark age" it refers to maybe a few centuries after the fall of Rome, and Christianity is not the villain that did it.
>>
>>542025
the thread is not about Hitler you projecting /pol/tard
>>
>>542044

>Christianity is not the villain that did it.

http://www.ushistory.org/civ/6f.asp
>>
>>542067
How about you post real historians instead of meme sites.
Rome was basically done by the time Christianity became a thing.
>>
File: 1384730086375.jpg (8 KB, 255x247) Image search: [Google]
1384730086375.jpg
8 KB, 255x247
>>542025

>Christian anti-semitism had nothing to do with laying the foundations for Nazism and the Holocaust

>Hitler was an atheist despite harping on at length about God in Mein Kampf
>>
File: O_O.png (162 KB, 1053x593) Image search: [Google]
O_O.png
162 KB, 1053x593
>>542002
The Meme Ages strike again.
>>
>>542071
>How about you post real historians instead of meme sites.

Because no one is going to read a book during the time period this thread is existence.

Suck it up, at least I posted a source and from a perfectly decent website, whether or not you want to call it a "meme" as an all purpose meaningless insult.

Christianity is a meme, so is art, so is any idea that is passed on from person to person.
>>
>>542002

Thankufully, Europe is bigger than Britain.
>>
>>542079
This "Hitler was a pagan / atheist" meme is based on the Table Talk alone, which was collected by Bormann who was a notorious fedoralord himself and probably invented the whole thing. Literally everything else we know about Hitler from Mein Kampf to his speeches tells us otherwise.
>>
>>541945
Watch out, I'm doing at home, adults!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM9Wk3MMtVg

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler
Adolf believe system is so mixed up, a blinder could only do a level one setting in comparison.
>>
>>542171
>https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler

So essentially his public statements and speechs say he believed in god, his reported private statements in the main say he believed in god, his writings say he believes in god.

Only one source, Table Talk, claims he is an atheist based on claims about statements he made in private.

It's pretty obvious Table Talk is wrong.
>>
>>542234
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religious_views_of_Adolf_Hitler#Plans_to_destroy_Christianity
https://youtu.be/tDrVWaig9o4

Nazis intentionally destroyed churches and wanted to prevent people from reading the bible. Yes, very Christian indeed.
>>
>>542345

I didn't say or imply Christian anywhere in my post, anon.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.