[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which tribe would you want to be in?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6
File: 115100-004-B0F39153.jpg (26 KB, 550x379) Image search: [Google]
115100-004-B0F39153.jpg
26 KB, 550x379
Hey /his/torians. I got to wondering the other day about which Native American tribe I would want to be in if I had to chose, but my knowledge of Native American history is quite limited. What would you guys say was the "best" tribe to live in between the 1700s and 1800s and why? I'm asking in terms of cool culture/traditions, strength, resources, etc.
>>
shameless bump
>>
File: 530902_Rancheria.gif (43 KB, 450x257) Image search: [Google]
530902_Rancheria.gif
43 KB, 450x257
>>
>>537954
Iroquis, I liked them in Civ V and in EU4. If including South America, probably the Caribs or Muiscas
>>
File: JosephPeacemaker.jpg (1 MB, 3072x2048) Image search: [Google]
JosephPeacemaker.jpg
1 MB, 3072x2048
>>
>>538018
What's cool about the iriquois?
>>
>>538028
sorry, I'm a retard and mispelled iroquois
>>
>>537954
Th Pacific West coast Indians look like they had comfy lives. Also, being away from large American cities would be a good idea at the time period. Also, being on the future Canadian side of the border seems like it would be safer from Genocide. Maybe the Chinook Indians?
>>
File: image.jpg (53 KB, 496x288) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
53 KB, 496x288
Guarani during the Jesuit Miissions.
>>
File: okipa-ceremony.jpg (110 KB, 590x506) Image search: [Google]
okipa-ceremony.jpg
110 KB, 590x506
>mfw this thread

It's like you don't want to be hardcore

>The younger men generally underwent torture to demonstrate their bravery. Long wooden skewers were pushed through cuts in the skin on their backs or chests, and they were hung by ropes from beams. Their bodies were weighted down with buffalo skulls hung from other skewers thrust into their thighs and calves. The torment was extreme, but crying out was a sign of cowardice, and those best able to stand the pain became Mandan leaders.

>The purpose of the ceremony was to reaffirm the bond between the people and the natural world and to unify the Mandans through a ritual of suffering and bloodshed. The Okipa had been performed for hundreds of years when the artist George Catlin witnessed the ceremony in 1832

http://plainshumanities.unl.edu/encyclopedia/doc/egp.rel.037
>>
>>538913
disgusting savages
>>
Would the waifus be nice to me?

Native american women are notorious for teasing and banter
>>
File: 1447437760445.gif (2 MB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
1447437760445.gif
2 MB, 400x300
>>538913
Damn familia. I just wanna fuck big booty Indian bitches.
>>
>>538913
Jesus fucking Christ fuck that I'll chill w/ da fuckin Apache and go on great buffalo hunts with my tribe and fend off the fucking Spaniards instead.
>>
>>538922
you're a pussy
>>
>>538680
>Th Pacific West coast Indians look like they had comfy lives.

This, basically. Join the Coast Salish, not much warfare and all the salmon you can eat.

>"We will dance when our laws command us to dance, we will feast when our hearts desire to feast. Do we ask the white man, 'Do as the Indian does'? No, we do not. Why, then, will you ask us, 'Do as the white man does'? It is a strict law that bids us to dance. It is a strict law that bids us to distribute our property among our friends and neighbors. It is a good law. Let the white man observe his law; we shall observe ours. And now, if you are come to forbid us to dance, begone; if not, you will be welcome to us."

If you ain't gonna dance and feast get out niggas
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.