[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is god just a projection of your own consciousness?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2
File: proof-god-exists1.jpg (39 KB, 740x420) Image search: [Google]
proof-god-exists1.jpg
39 KB, 740x420
Is god just a projection of your own consciousness?
>>
It's a relic of the past to explain the otherwise unexplainable.
>DIP UR BEDORA HARDUR HARADICK :DDDDDDD
>>
No, it's a way for people to 'experience' the sublime without having to take any risks, which is how you usually experience the sublime.

Basically, it's the alcohol-free beer of the human condition
>>
>>536007
Kill yourself retard.

>99% of mankind has been wrong
>only recently in the 19th century did we get enlightened xD
>anyway im off to watch my pop-sci Bill Nye and Black Science Guy shows!
>>
No.

www.compellingtruth.org

God refers to the creator of time, space and matter.

He is the programmer that made this reality we experience with our 5 senses.

Fuck off with your pantheist/hippie New Age satanic shit.

/thread
>>
God means the omnipotent and omniscient creator you dumb ass.

atheism is a projection of your own insecurity and sinful nature
>>
>>536040
who are you to tell people what god is?
are you god?
>>
>>536045
www.compellingtruth.org
>>
>>536032
>99% of mankind has been wrong

That's a textbook appeal to the majority.
>>
>>536049
That's ironic coming from an atheist who appeals to the evolutionist/darwinian majority in academia.
>>
>>536048
Is "www.compellingtruth.org" god?
Or is it humans interpreting their ideals of god
>>
>>536049
>we are hungry because food exists
>we are thirsty because water exists
>we are horny because sex exists
>we are spiritual because.. oh wait that's just a delusion! that just a psychological mistake!

*tips fedora*
>>
>>536052

If you have a better explanation for the diversity of life, the floor's all yours.

Also, it should be a testable explanation. Go for it
>>
>>536054

Hungry, thirsty, horny and spiritual are all human concepts, not objective facts of the universe. Your comparison makes no sense
>>
>>536056
>Evolution Debunked
http://www.newgeology.us/presentation32.html

>Creation Seminar (18-hour)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shyI-aQaXD0

>Evolution is a modern fairy tale
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gjvuwne0RrE

>The Greatest Lie Ever Told
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1ufK04tjOI

There you go.
>>
>>536060
>it's not a objective fact that we need food to survive

Then why don't you starve yourself to death, retard?
>>
>>536061

That's poor criticisms of evolution, not the presentation of a better explanation for the diversity of life.

I'm afraid that all you've proven is that you fall for poorly made religious propaganda
>>
>>535773

Are you just a projection of God's consciousness?
>>
Either way you look at it, He is inside of you.
>>
>>536070
Aaaaand there it is. The cognitive dissonance.

You atheists are so predictable.
>>
>>536065

Because that hurts me. It wouldn't hurt reality though. If I died of starvation, the world won't suddenly stop turning.

I'm staying alive out of my own self-interest
>>
>>536070
>implying evolutionism isn't a propaganda pushed by satanic occult forces
>>
>>536078
If the world died, the solar system won't stop turning.

If the solar system died, the galaxy won't stop turning.

If the galaxy died, the universe won't stop functioning.

What's your point? Subjectivism leads to nowhere.
>>
No.
>>
>>536076

No, sorry, it isn't. Creatards like you have never been able to present a single alternative theory that explains the diversity of life much better than evolution does. All you people have are criticisms of evolution, which are usually just the result of your own poor understanding of it.

If evolution was so incredibly flawed, youwould have absolutely no problem presenting an alternative theory that you test in public, to show how vastly superior it is to evolution. Yet you've never done this, and until you do, I'm more than allowed to call creationists a bunch of dumb yokels no one meeds to take seriously
>>
>>536082

>What's your point?

My point is that you can't derive an 'ought' from an 'is', no matter how much you try
>>
These types of religious threads really should be removed to /pol/. This should have just been the fucking History board.
>>
>>536086
> you have never been able to present a single alternative theory that explains the diversity of life
Yes we have. You just refuse to look at it because it conflicts with your darwinian world view.

>All you people have are criticisms of evolution
Because evolutionism is full of flaws, errors, blatant lies, frauds and hoaxes which have been debunked years ago?
>>
>>536032
>99% of humanity has been wrong.
Yeah okay. Four ancient elements, geocentrism, there's plenty of things humanity has gotten wrong for most of its existence. This is a retarded argument.
>we've only been enlightened since the 18th century
Ayy lmao. We aren't even close buddy. If you can imagine humanity's progress as a standard exponential function, we're just barely at the point where there's a visible difference from the function and the x axis.
>Lmao I'm off to watch my pop-sci Bill Nye and Black Science Guy shows.
Holy fuck that's amazing end to your rhetoric I'm speechless.
>>
>>536091
>Heliocentrism
Into the trash it goes.

Copernicus was a Freemason.
>>
>>536090
>Because evolutionism is full of flaws, errors, blatant lies, frauds and hoaxes which have been debunked years ago?

>actually believing this just because you think a book with a talking donkey in it is magic
>>
>>536090

>You just refuse to look at it because it conflicts with your darwinian world view.

If creationism provided more testable claims that could be more accurately falsified than evolution, I would have absolutely no reason for this.

Of course, creationism has yet to provide a single claim that is testable and considering its 'intellectual tradition' so far, something tells me it never will
>>
>>536099
Are you claiming supernatural events never happen?

Because there's something called UFOs, ghosts and other unexplainable activities that point towards another realm/dimension or however you want to call it.

>actually being a materialist
>>
>>536076

>I don't even know what cognitive dissonance is
>I'm going to use it just because some religious people get told they have cognitive dissonance
>>
>>536102
>UFOs, ghosts and other unexplainable activities

you're poorly representing our position

cease and desist
>>
>>536102

>defending my belief in a talking donkey by citing UFOs and ghosts
>>
God is the first attempt of primitive humans to explain nature, and the best way to authoritatively create laws. Nothing more, nothing less.
>>
>>536114

>dissing donkeh

love

life
>>
Gods are meme-viruses that perpetuate their existence through conscious hosts. They are the sum of all their worshippers and their works done in Their name.

Allah is winning currently.
>>
>>536149

Allahu Ackbar!
>>
>>536054
That is a terrible argument. We are not hungry because food exists, we're hungry because life is fucking brutal and we need more energy to continue to move... spirituality is not like any of those other things you listed because no animal in nature dies from a lack of spirituality, not even humans. We are hungry, thirsty and horny because we want to survive. Spirituality is not needed to survive except in a hostile social context.
>>
File: HegelAbsolut.jpg (100 KB, 366x567) Image search: [Google]
HegelAbsolut.jpg
100 KB, 366x567
DUDE WHAT IF
LMAO
CONSCIOUSNESS IS JUST A PROJECTION OF YOUR OWN GOD
>>
>>536061
Except that evolution has been observed repeatedly directly (Long term E. Coli study by Richard lenski) and indirectly (Multi resistant bacteria, various homologous forms found in nature) in addition to being logically sound.

DNA of a cell can change (depending on the type of cell [Eukaryote or Prokaryote] the ways this can happen can vary quite a bit).
DNA can be passed on to cells derived from that cell.
DNA indirectly (Proteins, RNA etc) impacts form and function of the cell.
This impact can be positive, negative or neutral.
This impact can be selected for by environmental pressure such as available food, space, toxins etc.
>>
>>535773

if it was the other way around what would be the difference?
>>
God is within our consciousness when we wake up to it, but the fact is He is in all consciousness.

The humans consciousness isn't perfect, so if God is but a mere projection, then it isn't God nor is it perfect.

When you hear God, you know it is outside your consciousness
>>
>>536259

Then why isn't it in the Bible which is where most scientific knowledge been developed from.
>>
>>536283
Because we havn't been able to prove that evolution is correct using the basis that pi is 3 yet, though I expect that when we do it will make quite the efficient letter sorting machine as was clearly intended by the bible.
>>
>>535773
The sense are a projection of consciousness

Materialism is a projection of consciousness

Science is a projection of consciousness

The ego is a projection of the consciousness

The future is a projection of consciousness

The present is a projection of consciousness

The past is a projection of consciousness

None of these things exist irl
Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.