[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Khan.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6
File: Timur_reconstruction03.jpg (558 KB, 1115x1371) Image search: [Google]
Timur_reconstruction03.jpg
558 KB, 1115x1371
>As far back as I can remember, I always wanted to be a Khan. To me, being a Khan was better than being Emperor of China. Even before I first wandered into Samarkand with a Mongol army, I knew I wanted to be a part of them. It was there that I knew that I belonged. To me, it meant being Persian in an empire that was full of Arabs. They weren't like anybody else. I mean, they did whatever they wanted. They invaded and looted entire villages and no one ever raised a sword. In the summer when they raped the female populaces all night, nobody ever called the Mamluks.
>>
File: Iraniankek.jpg (24 KB, 826x552) Image search: [Google]
Iraniankek.jpg
24 KB, 826x552
>>533410
>To me, it meant being Persian in an empire that was full of Arabs.
Failed meme friendo... most of Timur's empire would have been Turko-Persian
>>
>>533410
>called himself the sword of Islam
>almost all campaigns aginst fellow Muslims
>>
>>533468
The Abbasid Caliphate's most prestigious people were Persians.

They filled the sciences, government, philosophy, economy, etc.
>>
File: TimuridEmpire1400.png (18 KB, 756x600) Image search: [Google]
TimuridEmpire1400.png
18 KB, 756x600
>>533480
Steppe up, nigga.
>>
>>533480
You don't seem to understand
>In order to control Islam you have to stab islam
>>
>>533480
The greatest infidel in Islam is Islam.
>>
>>533509
topkek
>>
File: beginning of muslim philosophy.jpg (204 KB, 585x883) Image search: [Google]
beginning of muslim philosophy.jpg
204 KB, 585x883
>>533613
>>
File: Saladin.jpg (79 KB, 450x800) Image search: [Google]
Saladin.jpg
79 KB, 450x800
>>533480
A common theme, really.
>>
>>533772
... wtf does ISIS have a facebook page?
>>
File: Figure10.jpg (85 KB, 720x720) Image search: [Google]
Figure10.jpg
85 KB, 720x720
>It is alleged that Timur's tomb was inscribed with the words, "When I rise from the dead, the world shall tremble." It is also said that when Gerasimov exhumed the body, an additional inscription inside the casket was found, which read, "Who ever opens my tomb, shall unleash an invader more terrible than I." In any case, the same day Gerasimov began the exhumation, Adolf Hitler launched Operation Barbarossa, the largest military invasion of all time, upon the Soviet Union. Timur was re-buried with full Islamic ritual in November 1942 just before the Soviet victory at the Battle of Stalingrad

This nigga
>>
>>533410
>Goodmongols
>wouldwatch
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.