[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does the notion of Mediterranean culture as "warm",
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1
Where does the notion of Mediterranean culture as "warm", i.e. sentimental and open, as opposed to the "colder" people of the north come from? Can you pinpoint the historical period and context where it emerged?
>>
>>532524
>Where does the notion of Mediterranean culture as "warm", i.e. sentimental and open, as opposed to the "colder" people of the north come from?
Reality.
>>
>>532524
>that fucking gesture
Italians don't do that
>>
>>532524
because its true...
>>
>>532578
i'm italian and i'm doing it right now
>>
>>532697
...Do Italians talk with their hands over the internet?
>>
>>532697
You might be mistaken then
>>
>>532701
how else would we type?
>>
>>532701

Well, its hard to type without hands.
>>
>>532524

THAT IS AN ABSTRACT NOTION; ABSTRACT NOTIONS DO NOT ORIGINATE AT SPECIFIC POINTS.
>>
>>532715
...how DO you type like that?
>>
>>532718
Yes they do.
>>
>>532729

NO; THEY ORIGINATE FROM THE GENERAL, OVER THE COURSE OF A PERIOD, NOT FROM THE SPECIFIC, AT A PARTICULAR MOMENT.
>>
Nah famalam.
You see, the in the northern hemisphere, it gets hotter the further south you go.

So them guys in the south were actually just warmer.

if you have any more questions I'm right here to help.
>>
>>532720
Same way you type while masturbating I assume

>>532524
Ultimately it might come from the Greek idea of the Earth being divided into Climes, and the effect this has on the inhabitants of each region.
>>
>>532745
The idea of the Trinity originated during the late antiquity/early middle ages as part of the church doctrine.

The idea of laissez-faire economics originated in 18th century western Europe.

And so on
>>
The further north you go, the better people are at waging war. Thus, a larger part of the northern brain is occupied with conquest. as a consequence, people do not feel the need to be as social to others, as everyone else is a potential enemy and vanquished foe.

This is also why none of the latins have ever managed to hold onto an empire for a longer period of time, save for the romans who were, remember, saved by the goths.
>>
>>532745
the fact that it will be hard to pinpoint the exact second where it came from doesn't mean it doesn't have one.
>>
>>532745
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>532772
>The idea of the Trinity originated during the late antiquity/early middle ages as part of the church doctrine.

NO; THE CONCEPT OF THE KOSMIC TRINITY WAS ALREADY KNOWN TO THE SUMERIANS.

>The idea of laissez-faire economics originated in 18th century Western Europe

"LAISSEZ FAIRE" ECONOMICS IS A SYSTEMATIZED AND CONCRETIZED CONCEPT, NOT AN ABSTRACT NOTION.
>>
>>532804

"DIFFICULTY TO LOCATE ITS GENESIS" DOES NOT DETERMINE THE ABSTRACTNESS OF AN IDEA.
>>
>>532825
>NO; THE CONCEPT OF THE KOSMIC TRINITY WAS ALREADY KNOWN TO THE SUMERIANS.
The number three was also known already. So what?

>"LAISSEZ FAIRE" ECONOMICS IS A SYSTEMATIZED AND CONCRETIZED CONCEPT, NOT AN ABSTRACT NOTION.
As a somewhat popular notion with a certain degree of regularity, yes, it was around the 18th century.

Let's take an easier example: the ability to accurately calculate a circumference of a circle was achieved only when we had a highly accurate notion of pi as 3.14159... which was around the early modern age. Would you say it's impossible to trace the moment we arrived to this idea since people were drawing circles since the stone age?
>>
>>532868

YOU DO NOT SEEM TO UNDERSTAND WHAT I POSTED, NOR DO YOU SEEM TO COMPREHEND WHAT "THE TRINITY", AND AN ABSTRACT NOTION, ARE.
>>
Italians are cold af. You promise them aid for their crusade if they install you on the byzantine throne and then they fuck you. GODDAM pasta jews.
>>
>>532902
So we're lucky the essence of the trinity is not the matter of this discussion, huh?
>>
>>532825
Why the caps?
And why are you spelling it "kosmic" with a "k"?
Trying to be an edgy motherfucker?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.