[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
did the armenian genocide really happens, i mean its called "war"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5
File: 1452338442087.png (455 KB, 1500x1543) Image search: [Google]
1452338442087.png
455 KB, 1500x1543
did the armenian genocide really happens, i mean its called "war" back then isnt it
>>
File: Caucusus front.jpg (65 KB, 300x411) Image search: [Google]
Caucusus front.jpg
65 KB, 300x411
>>532004
Undoubtedly Armenians were massacred cruelly, and many more died by disease whilst being marched to the deserts of Syria. That being said, the Turkish argument is as follows:
The ottoman empire was a dying empire- and the Armenians were in open rebellion and supporting the invading Russians. Like the Americans relocating the Japanese to internment camps, the Ottomans had to take action. HOWEVER.. unlike the Americans the Turks were a dying empire, and the Armenians were ,again, openly attacking...
The Turks claim that the government never intended it to be ethnic cleansing, but the circumstances of total war, disease, lack of infrastructure, and unruly and disheartened gendarmes in charge of the relocation- the result was a large loss of Armenian lives.

whether or not this absolves the Turks i can't say.. but that's the other argument
>>
>>532004
(Cont) The definition of genocide would imply that there was an actual intention to destroy the Armenians- which the Turks argue it wasn't
>>
>>533516
>>533526
it was definitely an ethnic cleansing that part cant be denied
>>
>>533634
buth both comments say that atleast the turks didnt saw it as ethnic clensing?
Why are you linking to sources that deny your point?
>>
>>533663
>>533663
also doesnt having a very important choke points of the discussion obsolete makes the discussion useless, i really hope that we can keep things civil here, and not side with whoever wasnt the turks cause hating on them is easy (lel turkroach)
>>
>>533516
So it's kind of similar to what happened to jews during ww2.
>>
>>533690
What do you mean by that?
>>
>>533742
That it's kind of similar to what happened to jews in ww2? I don't know what's not clear about that statement.
>>
>>533754
What happened to Jews in WW2?
>>
>>533762
They got cruelly massacred.
>>
>>533775
In other words , they suffered genocide.
>>
>>533795
Yes, just like the armenians.

Are you triggered because you consider that I am not emphasizing enough the horror of the what jews went through during ww2?
>>
>>533803
Yes.
>>
Probably. Turks also slaughtered hundreds of thousands of Christian Greeks.

Honestly Turkey has a longer history of genocide than Germany does, and yet nobody ever says shit to them or forces them to give up their claims in Thrace, Constantinople, or Cyprus.
>>
>>533805
It's understandable. You've been conditioned from birth that the holocaust is the worst thing that ever befell humanity.

It's not even in the top 10 t b h
>>
>>533805
Faggot. There is very little direct evidence for the MUH 6 GORILLION anyways.

You've been brainwashed since birth to think that Germans were the worst thing to ever happen to the planet and Jews are the most persecuted dindu nuffins on the planet.

You know, there's a saying.

If you meet one asshole, you've met an asshole. If everyone you meet is an asshole, you're an asshole.

Regardless of whether or not the Holocaust happened the way we're commonly told it did (it didn't, the Nuremberg Trials even specifically said actual evidence wouldn't be required and eyewitness testimony and hearsay would be permissible), it doesn't change the fact that there's a good reason the Jews have been hated by literally everyone in history.
>>
>>533832
wow just how edgy are you scrub?
>>
>>533832
Not really. I'm from Russia, we do learn about the Holocaust but we are also taught about the huge loss of civilian life in the USSR and I'd say we talk about the latter more in History class.
>>
>>533865
You seem triggered.
>>
>>533869
>m-muh 6 gorillion isn't important enough!
Fuck off, faggot. So even if we accept the 6 million number (or is it 8? Idk they change it so often I have trouble keeping track), there have been WAY more ethnic groups in history who have suffered more death than that. 6 million is fucking babby tier compared to the genocides the Asians and Middle East has carried out in its day. It's especially scrum tier compared to the (arguable) genocide of the Natives of the Americas.

So if anything it is edgy to prioritize the (alleged) genocide of the Jews when there are groups out there that have suffered way fucking more.

Go watch CNN some more. I hear they're having another segment on "15 heartbreaking photos that will make you say 'fuck borders and laws and my culture and sheeeit'"
>>
>>532004
>did the armenian genocide really happens

It wasn't a genocide in the proper sense. Genocide implies a systematic and organized attempt to eliminate a particular racial or ethnic group. Lots of Armenians died but most of the deaths can probably be explained by a multitude of factors without having to fall back on the stereotype of the "ebil Turc"
>>
>>533965
the Turks were attempting to ethnically cleanse parts of the territory the controlled of Armenians so that when the empire fell apart the Armenians couldn't take some territory with them in other words "lets take all these Armenians and push them somewhere else" except it was handled in such a god awful way that enough people died for the Armenians to call it a genocide.
>>
>>533965
>>534021
Your sources?
>>
>>534021
the weird part about late-ottoman empire is, never before had the ottomans had to ''draw'' borders before based solely on ethnicity.Sure most Bey's had land with more or less same culture group under their hands, but still it made the ''which land is armenian,which land is turkish, which land is greek''etc very hard.As long as the ottomans were concerned, anything close to İstanbul was theirs, so there is still alot of discussion of ''were the armenians really the majority in said area or is it some Allies WW1 propaganda against the ottomans?''
>>
>>532004
The question is, how many of the murdered were rebelling and how many were just sitting in their villages milking their goats? Durkey will say a lot, Armenia will say most families dindu nuffin. Doesn't take away from the fact that Ottomans targeted defenseless Christians like the Assyrians who never even rebelled until soldiers came near their villages and started taking away there Armenian neighbours. In fact, they were targeted multiple times in the past in fear that they may eventually grow strong and cause trouble for their independence. Ottoman policies were to DELETE any group of people who thought opposed their ideology and considering how expensive Ottonan territory was, that meant killing millions of Christians. These Christians lived on the same land for thousands of years and wanted independence, which is why I sympathise for them. Turkey shouldn't exist desu senpai.
>>
[color="Green"]>What genocide?[/color]
>>
what genocide?
>>
>>534370
>>533815
you got any source for those hot opinions senpai
>>
>>533869
I'm not being edgy. In the grand scheme of things, the holocaust was not that big of a deal. Even in the 20th century. For instance, stalinist russia and maoist china were both far worse than the holocaust.
>>
the armenians stabbed from the back while the turks while they were fighting a three front wars and they still lost and they got genocided, its their own fault
also OP yes the genocide did in fact happened
>>
>what genocide?
>>
File: le minority opressor face.jpg (25 KB, 250x355) Image search: [Google]
le minority opressor face.jpg
25 KB, 250x355
reminder thet genocide Is the bi-product of a civilized society, which realizes that exterminating the threat, to none, Is the most effective cause to futher peace.
>>
>>534504
>implying every civilized society has committed genocide
Not every massacre is a genocide.
>>
File: image.jpg (155 KB, 543x604) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
155 KB, 543x604
>>534479
>muh stab in the back
>>
>>534370

>that meant killing millions of Christians

I'm pretty sure not even the Armenians claim it was that many
>>
File: TreatyOfSevres_(corrected).png (98 KB, 1024x738) Image search: [Google]
TreatyOfSevres_(corrected).png
98 KB, 1024x738
>>534570
yes
>>
>>534600
What does that have to do with 1915?
>>
>>534596
Armenians weren't the only Christians in the Ottoman Empire.
>>
>>534468
As if the Ottomans didn't declare war on all Christians who didn't side with them or pay Kurds to kill them and steal their land
>>
>>533865
>There is very little direct evidence for the MUH 6 GORILLION anyways.
lel
>>
>>533516
Damage control
>>
>what genocide?
>>
>>534793
care to elaborate...
>>533634
The part debated is weather it was an intentional ethnic cleansing through government orders
>>533690
no because no one denies that Jews were purposefully condemned to elimination by government orders as part of the final solution
>>
>>534874
What was intended then if not ethnic cleansing?
>>
>>534874
Of course it was ethnic cleansing, they thought Armenians may have been a problem and lots of Turks hated Christians so they had no problem killing Armenians specifically.
>>
>>532004
"what genocide?"
>>
>>533885
do you lear also about the pogroms you did killing jews too?
>>
>>534600
>It never happened
:(
>>
>>533900
ok, let's clarify something. the native american "genocide", was no the systematic killing of natives with the objetive of wipeing them from existence, the biggest percentege of native dead after columbus arrival is due to illnes, that's not genocide, that's literally natural selection. it's not like columbus said "hey, im sure people across the sea have a not so great inmune system we have not even discovered yet. let's go there and let the virus and bacetria (wich we haven't discovered yet also) kill people for us."
There were small mass killings of native americans but those where small in numbers (at least when you compare them with armenian/jewish/camboyan numbers) and its objective was not to wipe natives from existence, was to conquer their lands becose they would not give it withour fighting.
>>
>>535679
RUSSIA DID NOTHING WRONG
>>
>>535679
Yeah, we do, I think they get talked about in the context of such political organisations like the Black Hundred etc IIRC. We also are taught about the Doctor's plot, the Pale of Settlement etc.
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.