[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which modern ethnic group is closest to the ancient Egyptians?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 39
Which modern ethnic group is closest to the ancient Egyptians?
>>
Modern Egyptians

Why is this even a question? Barely 4,000 arabs even came here. We're overwhelmingly native.

All that really changed was our language and culture which already was corrupted by foreign influence.
>>
Copts
>>
>>531381

anione have that image where pharao is getting his last blowjob ?
>>
Copts, and maybe Greeks
>>
>>531359

Modern Egyptians.
>>
Which period of Egypt?
>>
>>531385
Costs are by no means pure or any different than the rest of Egypt, they speak Coptic but the doesn't mean anything really.
>>531359
Egyptians, Sudanese Arabs & Beja.
>>
File: Imhotep.jpg (54 KB, 504x760) Image search: [Google]
Imhotep.jpg
54 KB, 504x760
>>531359
Just reminger, you shall do not try do a child from a mummy, do not attempt clone a child from dried mummy flesh, a faith to eternal life of ancient Egypt, land of Tameri should be not proved, Lord and Messrs of jew-serf should be rest in peace, et cetera and so on and so forth
>>
Ethiopians
>>
Copts, and even their blood is diluted
>>
>>531404
>speak coptic
I literally do not know a single Copt who speaks coptic. Not even their parents speak coptic.
>>
>>531534
Copts stopped speaking Coptic like 600 years ago

And they stopped using it for religion 200 years ago
>>
>>531359
Modern non-Arab-invader Egyptians.
>>
Obviously northern europeans

http://marchofthetitans.com/earlson/nordicegypt.htm
>>
>>531570
That's just the post-macedonian royalty, dipshit
>>
>>531534
>>531551
I conflated written works with spoken language like ge'ez with the Ethiopian Orthodox church. However an oft read remark I see regarding the sole Coptic claim to ancient Egypt is that the language written or spoken is a mark of some supposed purity
>>
File: 9s75w9.png (2 MB, 850x1106) Image search: [Google]
9s75w9.png
2 MB, 850x1106
>>531359
Beja people
>>
>>532212
They were literally the last population to maintain Egyptian temples and worship Egyptian deities.
>>
>>532220
no they fucking weren't go back to tumblr
>>
>>532234
Counterargument of the century
>>
File: 1450326788618.gif (3 MB, 320x272) Image search: [Google]
1450326788618.gif
3 MB, 320x272
>>532245
>The Beja are a traditionally pastoralist Cushitic people native to the territory in the extreme northeast of Sudan.

>Most of them live in the Sudanese states

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beja_people

Wow very Egyptian.
>>
>>532268
>Herders don't migrate

They live in the extreme northeast of Sudan on the Egyptian border and reside in Egypt to this day
>>
>>531359
Sudanese
>>
File: CNN.jpg (208 KB, 821x607) Image search: [Google]
CNN.jpg
208 KB, 821x607
>>532287
Do you know what the word "native" means?
>>
>>532345
Do you know that Beja are therefore not native to Sudan and are Native Egyptians then? They've lived along the coast of the Red Sea and have taken up herding, what's so hard for you to understand.
>>
File: Falstaff.jpg (147 KB, 391x517) Image search: [Google]
Falstaff.jpg
147 KB, 391x517
>>532355
>not native to Sudan

>>532268
>a traditionally pastoralist Cushitic people native to the territory in the extreme northeast of Sudan.
>>
>>531570
Ancient Egyptian chair found in Nordic lands:
http://www.abroadintheyard.com/folding-chair-suggests-direct-bronze-age-germanic-links-to-ancient-egypt/

Tutankhamun had R1b DNA, a Western European haplogroup:
http://www.reuters.com/article/oukoe-uk-britain-tutankhamun-dna-idAFTRE7704OR20110801
>>
>>532384
R1b isn't European, it's neolithic.
>>532382
Modern borders do not coincide with ancient ones all the time and Beta are nomadic now. We also know a large population still reside in coastal Egypt and among the oasis of the south
>>
>>531359

Coptic Christians.
>>
The most ancient Egyptians had more Haplogroup G, T, I, and R1B(V88) than there is today.

Mummy found with Haplogroup I2
> http://www.nature.com/news/egyptian-mummies-yield-genetic-secrets-1.12793

Haplogroup E is dominant now, but I don't think it was always the most dominant group.

In the last 200 years the population of Egypt has jumped from 4 million to close to 90 million.
>>
File: -.jpg (11 KB, 356x297) Image search: [Google]
-.jpg
11 KB, 356x297
>>532408
>Ancient Egyptian civilization was centered around the Nile delta

>A group of herders who lived hundreds of miles south of the delta are the heirs to Egyptian civilization
>>
File: Haplogroup_G2a.gif (55 KB, 760x550) Image search: [Google]
Haplogroup_G2a.gif
55 KB, 760x550
>>532421
Before I leave, these guys were very influential in the Neolithic.
>>
File: Fayum-portrait.jpg (238 KB, 886x1139) Image search: [Google]
Fayum-portrait.jpg
238 KB, 886x1139
>>531359
modern egyptians.
I don't understand why everyone seems to think every conquest is concluded by genocide.
>>
>>532384
We wuz kings, snownigger edition.
>>
>>532735

Its called Nordicism.
Every single notable civilization was Nordic or Proto-Nordic.
>>
>>531359

Modern Egyptians

Their bloodlines haven't even changed by 0.1%
>>
>>532719
>I don't understand why everyone seems to think every conquest is concluded by genocide.
Not everyone, just niggers.
They believe that by the time the Fayum portraits were painted the original egyptians had already been genocided by greeks.
>>
>>532771
No, they fled south, and the Fayum portraits are of Romans, not native Egyptians, I'm abit tired of people using those portraits as a weak argument of someone Romans being ethnically closest to Ancient Egyptians, biggest farce one would tell themselves.
>>
>>532823
>No, they fled south
Prior to Roman occupation they fled south mostly into modern day Sudan. Ancient Egyptians accepted the rulership of the Ptolemies, not the Romans.
>>
File: amarna-hair-discovery-5.jpg (297 KB, 575x472) Image search: [Google]
amarna-hair-discovery-5.jpg
297 KB, 575x472
>>532421

They had Caucasian hair, the hair in pic related comes from the Amarna period.
>>
>>532740
I hate people why do so many people have to do this shit it's bad enough when black people do it.
>>
File: RamsesII_AdrienBrody.jpg (85 KB, 827x531) Image search: [Google]
RamsesII_AdrienBrody.jpg
85 KB, 827x531
>>532944
>>
File: zenobia__queen_of_palmyra_.jpg (630 KB, 1294x2000) Image search: [Google]
zenobia__queen_of_palmyra_.jpg
630 KB, 1294x2000
>>532771
agree with you. about afrocentrists tho.. found one >>532823
>>
>>532947
nordicism is older than afrocentrism
>>
>>532384
Nordic magnates traded amber for bronze and various other things from the south(including egypt)
>>
>>533034
nordicism is a meme though. People will call you a nordicist if you say Ethiopians are caucasoid.

Afrocentrism is much more real and has a healthy presence within academia.
>>
>>533062
>healthy presence within academia.
disease
>>
>>533062
>healthy presence within academia

where? afrocentrists like Clyde Winters aren't taken seriously
>>
>>533062
>healthy presence within academia
O I AM LAFFN
>>
>>533434
>>533424
>>533072
If you actually look up Afrocentricism in Academia you quickly realize it's merely a school of thought that counters this notion that says everything came from Arabs and is founded on archeology.
>>532944
I have people in my family with that hair. Many Ethiopians and Somali do.
>>
>>533556
>If you actually look up Afrocentricism in Academia you quickly realize it's merely a school of thought that counters this notion that says everything came from Arabs and is founded on archeology.
I know that, but I'm in this forum were semantically it refers to Blacks claiming to be all people.

> I have people in my family with that hair. Many Ethiopians and Somali do.
You're a stupid cunt, get a haircut, and fuck off.
>>
>>532408
>R1b isn't European, it's neolithic.
R1b is the indo-european haplogroup you fucking idiot.

King tut probably inherited it from a Hittite royal marriage down his paternal line.
>>
>>534497
Indo-European is southwest asian, not European. The only European y haplogroup is I1, everything else is Middle Eastern.
>>
>>534509
>Indo-European is southwest asian,
No it's not, it's central asian you stupid nigger.

>The only European y haplogroup is I1,
Oh great, you're one of those "MUH PURE UNADULTERED HUNTER GATHERER ANCESTRY" niggers. You do know that the original hunter gatherers of Europe were basically abo-tier in terms of intelligence and had dark skin, right?
>>
>>531359
Coptic Christians in Egypt are the modern day descendants of the ancient Egyptians. At least so I was told by someone who studies a lot of mideast history.
>>
>>534521
We don't know anything about how intelligent they were
>>
>>534573
We do, based on their rock painting and other artistic output.

They were slightly below pre-colonial australian aboriginals.
>>
Copts.

But actually, a lot of Egyptians are just as close an ethnically the same. The only difference is they started identifying as Arabs due to Islam. So I'd say Copts are the closest because they identify as Copts (which is just Arabic for "Egyptians") rather than Arabs.
>>
>>534521
Its foreign to Europe before the neolithic, it's therefore not European and likely Pharaoh's marker came from ancient neolithic protofarmers like Natufians or early farmers from the Middle East.
>>
>>531404
Middle-Eastern Christians are more like the ancient inhabitants of the area than the Muslims, who have extra peninsular and sub-Saharan admixture.
>>
>>534725
Citation please
>>
>>533062
Lol, no. Afrocentrism is fringe. Nordicism, equally stupid, had much more influence historically (though it always had its detractors too).
>>
File: 1451790568006.jpg (16 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
1451790568006.jpg
16 KB, 480x360
>>531359
the egyptians
>>
>>534730
Can't give you any right now, feel free to disbelieve if you want to.

But both peer-reviewed studies and amateur projects (and they are decent, generally) agree that peninsular and sub-Saharan admixture goes: non-Arabic speaking non-Muslim -> Arabic-speaking non-Muslim -> Arabic-speaking Muslim, which is exactly what you'd expect anyway.
>>
>>534744
Give me sources because this smells like bullshit
>>
>>534762
As I said, I don't care if you believe it. That's how it is though, the slave trade and the peninsular populations affected Arabic-speaking Muslims more than the rest; which is perfectly understandable.
>>
>>534769
It has nothing to do with being Christians or Muslim or speaking Arabic and everything to do with being a part of the slave trade or having pre-slave trade African ancestry
>>
>>534602
...are you kidding me?
>>
>>531381

But everyone in Egypt is named Mehmed, face it you got turned into Arabs.

Look at true Egyptian names like Chepseska, Narner etc,
>>
What's funny is African Americans wouldn't even be related to the ancient egyptian's even if they were all black. African americans are from the west coast of Africa. It's like a bunch of Polish Americans trying to say they wuz the kings of Ireland 4 thousand years ago. Plus most African american's have white in them too.
>>
>>533556
That is not a Nigger skull, look at the bridge of the nose, the high forehead and the hair, are you kidding me nig nog?
>>
>>536208
>But everyone in Egypt is named Mehmed, face it you got turned into Arabs.

Yeah, culturally. And even then we consider ourselves distinct from other arabs.

>Look at true Egyptian names like Chepseska, Narner etc,
Nobody has used such names since the pagan era
>>
>>533062
You have no idea what you are talking about.
>>
>>537220
>Mommy look I said it again!
>phrenology
>>>/1800/
>>
>>531359
Modern Egyptians genetically

Copts and Nubians culturally
>>
>>532719
It's a /pol/ meme

>>532771
No, white supremacists quite literally believe that Germans killed the "inferior hordes" of Celts and Slavs when expanding across antiquity and the Middle Ages.
>>
>>533062
Afrocentrism isn't really popular anymore.

The only notable academic Afrocentrist was Cheikh Anita Diop, and people kind of respectively ignored his "Egyptians were all black mmmkay?" rambles due to the legitimately brilliant scholarship that he provided elsewhere.

You will be very, very hard-pressed to find a modern Egyptologist who claims something as self-assured and as presentist as "the Egyptians were black".
>>
>>534738
modern egyptians are just arabs you dumb shit
>>
>>534602
Mate, if we follow this logic then ancient Nordic people were "slightly below pre-colonial australian aboriginals"

The complexity of a group's material culture is a terrible metric for their average intellectual potential.
>>
>>537220
I and most other Horners have that phenotype more than any other people.
>>537081
All Africans share the cultural heritage of the Aqualithic, every single one.
>>
>>539018
How do you know their IQ at the time? Selection never stops. It's quite possible that they didn't have a particularly impressive IQ.
>>
File: 150622_Serve-Gaby.png (2 MB, 940x788) Image search: [Google]
150622_Serve-Gaby.png
2 MB, 940x788
> implying Egyptians aren't the same

These are Copts. Are they white?
>>
File: She'sEveryRace.jpg (5 KB, 105x215) Image search: [Google]
She'sEveryRace.jpg
5 KB, 105x215
>>539381
>>
File: afro-asiaticmap2.png (41 KB, 420x430) Image search: [Google]
afro-asiaticmap2.png
41 KB, 420x430
Haplogroup E1b1b is the one of the main and native Haplogroups in North and North East Africa, this corresponds to the geographic presence of Afro Asiatic languages. During the Bronze Age there was a presence of Haplogroup J bearers in the Canaan and seeping into Egypt and likewise it is likely there was a seeping of Haplogroup E1b1b into Mesopotamia if not already present in the Canaan. Intermingling of these peoples likely occurred in these areas probably among the less affluent social classes such as the nomadic Bedouins while the ruling aristocracy living in the fortified city centers probably preferred to keep a purer gene pool. Given the probability that bronze metallurgy was introduced to Egypt by Mesopotamians, it's not unreasonable to imagine a scenario; with variance throughout history, where a ruling class with Caucasian/Mesopotamian genes ruled over a native Afro-Asiatic majority (and whose to say that arranged marriages didn't result in the opposite taking place among Sumerians or elsewhere in Mesopotamia.)
The Huteimi and Solluba tribes in the Arabian Peninsula are believed to be the remaining descendants of the Paleolithic hunters who existed in the area before the spread of Semitic peoples in the Arabian Peninsula.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huteimi
>>
>>539421
They didn't rule over afro-asiatics, looking at your example Afro-Asiatic cushitic and nilo-saharans conquered upper paleolithics.

I would also caution the assumption that such people are even upper paleolithic people given the fact that light skin and hair are traits found only after the neolithic began.
>>
>>531359
Modern Egyptians aren't white?
>>
>>539461
R1B V88 are spreaders of Chadic into the Sahel. They come from the Middle East.
>>
>>539440
>Hutemi were conquered by Cushitic and Nilo-saharans
Source?
I would attribute the Cushitic element in southern Arabia to contact and trade across the Gulf of Aden. You have the first evidence of South Semitic language speakers arising in East Africa around the 8th century B.C. Mehri and Soqotri are classified as South Semitic languages meaning they are likely related to the ancient languages of Saba' and Hadramawt.
>>
>>539010
>less than a few thousand arabs migrate to egypt
>suddenly change millions into arabs
you're a massive mongoloid
>>
>>539010
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egyptians
retard
>>
>>539461
The important thing is that they were likely there before the people that would later become prominent in the area. It also points to the reason for the current genetic make up of the Near East being a mixture of Haplogroup J and E1b1b with higher presence of J outside of Africa and a higher prominence of E in Africa.
>>
>>539487
Because some Bedouins managed to kidnap a few women from a Punic or Roman outpost eons ago during a raid WE IZ WHITE NOW.
>>
File: 7000BC-5000BC_a.jpg (315 KB, 1600x1100) Image search: [Google]
7000BC-5000BC_a.jpg
315 KB, 1600x1100
>>539555
I comflusterated by your comment
>>
File: 800px-Afro-asiatic_map.png (170 KB, 800x517) Image search: [Google]
800px-Afro-asiatic_map.png
170 KB, 800x517
>>539564
>gets his info from a distorted infographic
try harder
>>
>>539577
I made that graphic
>>
>>539583
Which one? If Afro-Asiatic languages originated in the Near East why are most of it's families found in Africa? Also you have a universal presence of Haplogroup E1b1b among all Afro-Asiatic language speakers, the same can't be said for Haplogroup J which includes both Afro-Asiatics and people from the Caucuses.
>>
>>531359
We are.
>>
>>532345
>that old ass CNN page

i remember 9/11 when the website got more traffic than it could handle
>>
>>539487
That's pre-neolithic and it's origin is in Asia with two migrations: one to Africa over 20k years ago and one to Europe 30k years ago

>>539497
>>539539
Modern South Semitic languages are heavily Cushtic influenced and independent from Old South Semitic.

Sollubba were a pariah group used only as guides and tinkerers and again likely late comers after an extended period of long term drought pushed out the actual upper paleolithic people
>>
File: Neolithic.jpg (187 KB, 1440x716) Image search: [Google]
Neolithic.jpg
187 KB, 1440x716
>>539824
>That's pre-neolithic and it's origin is in Asia with two migrations: one to Africa over 20k years ago and one to Europe 30k years ago
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA FAGGOT
>>
>In particular, M173-bearing chromosomes in Europe are considered to delineate an ancient expansion from Asia during the Upper Paleolithic, ∼30,000 years ago (Semino et al. 2000; Underhill et al. 2001b; Wells et al. 2001). It is quite reasonable to hypothesize that an ancient Asian gene pool was the source of both the European (haplotype 117b) and Cameroonian (haplotype 117) M173 chromosomes. The fact that haplotype 117 is rare or absent in Asia (P.A.U., unpublished data) or the Middle East (present study), suggests that a large portion of its microsatellite diversity in Cameroon accumulated within the African continent after the proposed back-migration event, probably as a consequence of a population expansion. The coalescence age of the African haplotype 117, which we estimated as 4,100 years (95% CI 2,400–8,060 years), could thus represent a date for such an expansion and a lower limit for the time of entry into Africa. The occurrence of the latter event may not necessarily be recent.

>The occurrence of the latter event may not necessarily be recent.

>Although anthropological evidence indicates recent movements between western Asia and Africa by pastoralists (Cavalli-Sforza et al. 1994), the phylogeography and diversity patterns of M173-associated lineages suggest an earlier demographic history. The absence in northern Cameroon of Y haplotypes affiliated with the recolonization of Europe following the Last Glacial Maximum, as well as the subsequent Neolithic transition (Semino et al. 2000), is consistent with this interpretation.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC447595/#__abstractid740446title

Guess who's laughing now retard.
>>
>>531512
Lels no
>>
>this fucking autist again
>>
>>532417
Basically agreed, though they were subject to a lot of shit after their Temples closed down from Muslims. Rome supposedly had zero issue with integrating them.

I'm really curious about Coptic Christianity and if it had ties with old Egyptian myth.
>>
>>539900
Who?
>>
>>539400
BUT CAN THEY SPEAK HIEROGLYPHIC

Cool bro, thanks for sharing, honestly. This thread is goddamn toxic but this makes the most sense.

Old reliefs give kings really sharp facial features somewhat similar to Europeans but it just seems too far-reaching an assumption. They had negroid priestesses everywhere in their reliefs and papyri, I'm not sure how important it is to really distinguish race at that point. Some say that the Ethiopians had hints of Egyptian culture in theirs, and even though it's possible that the two were mildly peaceful, it's also possible that skirmishes led to Egyptian art getting taken back to Ethiopia.

But who knows. God damnit I don't really care.
>>
>>539943
>"Happily the face, which had been plastered over with pitch at the time of embalming, did not suffer at all from this rough treatment, and appeared intact when the protecting mask was removed. Its appearance does not answer to our ideal of the conqueror. His statues, though not representing him as a type of manly beauty, yet give him refined, intelligent features, but a comparison with the mummy shows that the artists have idealised their model. The forehead is abnormally low, the eyes deeply sunk, the jaw heavy, the lips thick, and the cheek-bones extremely prominent; the whole recalling the physiognomy of Thûtmosis II, though with a greater show of energy."

Art of Egyptians is not based on their physical reality, they are idealized forms.
>>
>>539953
I'd like to see your source.
>>
>>539943
The Old Kingdom collapsed and there was no Egypt for 200 years.

Writing from that period complains about slaves mixing with the Egyptians and society collapsing.
>>
>>539977
No shit! I assumed Egypt was always consistent. Where did you read that?
>>
File: kek.jpg (27 KB, 497x496) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
27 KB, 497x496
>>539880
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>>
>>539965
https://web.archive.org/web/20060523181623/http://www.gutenberg.org/files/17324/17324-h/v4c.htm#image-0047
>>
>>539984
Do you have any sources that counter this point by point?
>>
>>539982
I learned it from a lecture by Bob Brier.
>>
>>539997
You can communicate post laughing picture but the data is sound and you have nothing otherwise.

The lovely part of all this is the fact that while some poster on 4chan may disagree the scientific community has found nothing at all wrong with these findings :-3
>>
File: Neandertahal-03.jpg (133 KB, 624x609) Image search: [Google]
Neandertahal-03.jpg
133 KB, 624x609
>>540006
I may be a fish, but I don't always bite.
>>
>>540015
All these responses with no substance.

When you can counter the available data with new genetic studies I'd love to see it but by all means post more pictures
>>
>>539953
>>539985
The quote you posted isn't even in the fucking article.

>was it not in Ethiopia that Horus had gained his first victories over Typhon?

It is my opinion that, when Egyptians fought foreigners, they saw it as fighting lesser reflections of themselves, in some kind of spirituo-mystical conquest in tandem with a real one. Divination, if you will.

All throughout that article it mentions that Ethiopia and Egypt were bitter enemies, along with Egypt and Syria. You're telling me that they once had a king who basically would have to have descended from southern Africa, with whom they always had bitter rivalries? Keep dreaming.
>>
>>540053
https://books.google.com/books?id=de0VAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA289&lpg=PA289&dq=Happily+the+face,+which+had+been+plastered+over+with+pitch+at+the+time+of+embalming,+did+not+suffer+at+all+from+this+rough+treatment,+and+appeared+intact+when+the+protecting+mask+was+removed.+Its+appearance+does+not+answer+to+our+ideal+of+the+conqueror.+His+statues,+though+not+representing+him+as+a+type+of+manly+beauty,+yet+give+him+refined,+intelligent+features,+but+a+comparison+with+the+mummy+shows+that+the+artists+have+idealised+their+model.+The+forehead+is+abnormally+low,+the+eyes+deeply+sunk,+the+jaw+heavy,+the+lips+thick,+and+the+cheek-bones+extremely+prominent;+the+whole+recalling+the+physiognomy+of+Th%C3%BBtmosis+II,+though+with+a+greater+show+of+energy.&source=bl&ots=JIwMPF8Wqu&sig=cchsSXYksr-13Nlmgl0P9tbd0d0&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwibjIWg9qDKAhVHKCYKHcMcC5gQ6AEIJTAC#v=onepage&q&f=false

There is no need to assume he came from Southern Africa when his ancestry is known as being Egyptian.

What are you insinuating?
>>
File: 662px-Thutmose_II_mummy_head.png (313 KB, 662x1024) Image search: [Google]
662px-Thutmose_II_mummy_head.png
313 KB, 662x1024
>>540070
His father
>>
>>540096
I'm implying that there is no way a man of Ethiopian descent was King. The only black men of that time were being watched from afar by the King; in the first article you posted it specifically says the King kept his eye on the *race* of southern Africa.

Elsewhere also there are depictions of the King destroying invaders from Cush, all of whom were black. The Egyptians were highly nationalistic, and never even let Greeks into their land, despite being intellectually equal.

Thuthmose III may not have even been related to Thuthmose II, and they were both appointed King in a period of crisis, after the reign of Hatshepsut. Thuthmose III attributed numerous inscriptions to his predecessor when none were appropriate.

Thuthmose III's reign led right into Akhenaton's reign, and his reign was so bad that Egyptians destroyed his inscription everywhere, synonymous with the most damning action for a soul in the afterlife.

http://archaeologynewsnetwork.blogspot.com/2012/03/reign-of-pharaoh-thutmose-ii-suggests.html

To say that all Kings in Egypt were "exaggerated" in their artwork just because one King decided to make his mark in his own selfish way, does not mean it was tradition, as you implied in your original post.
>>
>>531389
seconded
>>
>>540124
You're speaking as though Egyptians had no shared ancestry with surrounding populations and also we know King Tut and most other mummies do not share features with the generic aesthetic of statues or reliefs.

Thuthmose III was a builder, his accomplishments were centered around the support of great architectural and artistic works and I have found no significant works that question his paternity with any certainty and he was not appointed after hatshepsut, he was Co-regent for 20 years before taking over from his power hungry stepmother.

In the end he erased much of her presence and is also not responsible for Akhenaton, the has nothing to do with his reign.
>>
>>534522
>Coptic meme

Literally no difference between a coptic egyptian and a noncoptic egyptian.
>>
>>539472
Modern Egyptians cover the whole spectrum.
>>
>>539982
>Egypt was pretty consistent

Bruh, if America couldnt be consistent for 100 years, what makes you think a civilization that spanned ~4,000 years would be?
>>
File: Foucault5.jpg (15 KB, 244x300) Image search: [Google]
Foucault5.jpg
15 KB, 244x300
>>540339
>look at me, i'm being contrarian
>>
>>540339
One identifies as an Arab
>>
>>540357
>Look at me, Ive never met a Copt in my life.

I see some everytime I go visit family. Unless they are in religious garb, you literally can't tell the difference.
>>
>>540175
Not enough to be straight up black, no, I doubt it.

You missed the point of bringing Akhenaton up, that time was a time of temporary decline, of which Thuthmose II and III were a part. Considering whether or not Thuthmose was black is irrelevant because he was a shit King to begin with, apparently.
>>
>>540360
Based on the guy.
Many others that aren't a Copt don't identify as an Arab.
>>
>>540356
Yeah but their mythology was almost always uniform, that's why I assumed.
>>
>>539886
Because you said so right?
>>
>>540360
No they dont. Egyptians identify as Egyptian. Arabs are anyone from the Arabian Peninsula (and even then a Bedouin would probably laugh at you because you're confusing those city folk for the true Arabs, the Bedouin)
>>
>>540368
They fought with Ethiopia all the time.
>>
>>540362
Who said "straight up black" what does that even mean and why are you talking about that?

T III was an accomplished Pharaoh whose works are adored to this very day for their scale, beauty and craft, that's his legacy.
>>
>>537081
only Berbers and horners would be related to them based on Y dna
>>
>>536208
and everyone in europe is named after levantine jews or roman rulers and religious figures.
>>
File: 200_s.gif (58 KB, 463x200) Image search: [Google]
200_s.gif
58 KB, 463x200
>>540622
Well, that is not entirely accurate..........

Aidan

> The name is derived from the name Aodhán, which is a pet form of Aodh.[2] It can be used as a masculine or feminine given name. The personal name Aodh means "fiery" and/or "bringer of fire" and was the name of a Celtic sun god (see Aed)

> Celtic sun god

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aidan_%28name%29

There are many names that are "native", especially family names.
>>
>>538854

>Nobody has used such names since the pagan era

Wtf is that "pagan era" ?

Im talking about the real Egypt, the one that existed prior to 500 BC aka prior to ALEXANDER!

>Shepseskaf was the sixth and last pharaoh of the Fourth dynasty of Egypt during the Old Kingdom. He reigned 6 to 8 years starting circa 2510 BC
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shepseskaf
>>
>>540622
>everyone in europe is named after levantine jews

>implying
>>
>>539555
>a few women
I don't think you know what Y-DNA is, anon.
>>
>>540622

http://www.behindthename.com/names/origin/celtic
>>
>>541741
Actually he's right, a huge chunk of traditional European names are either Jewish, Greek or Latin. In practically any given country.
>>
>>539003
>due to the legitimately brilliant scholarship that he provided elsewhere.

iirc he was one of the people that claimed slaves did not build the pyramids, and we found out he was right many decades later
>>
>>541786
You're retarded If you're referring to Israelites? The Bible never mentions anything about the Pyramids.
>>
>>541780

Read through this list, he's totally wrong claiming that.
>>541779
>>
>>541899
What the fuck does a list of Celtic names have to do with name frequency in Europe?

Check the most popular names in European countries.
>>
>>542927

He said "everyone", not a few people, not the majority, he said EVERYONE you limp dicked fucking retard.

Typical /his/ bullshit.
>>
>>542986
Go back to reddit
>>
>>542996
Never been there, I've heard people like you sound like a Frog though, endlessly repeating the word.
>>
>>539400
CUTE
U
T
E
>>
File: Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg (58 KB, 488x599) Image search: [Google]
Mameluke-in-Full-Armour.jpg
58 KB, 488x599
>>540361
>>540360
Coptic diaspora is responsible for perpetuating this meme. They want to distance themselves from Arabs and paint themselves as special snowflakes so they claim the " we wuz pharoes n' shit and Muslims are all Ayyrabs "meme.
>>
>>532140
This is probably the case for Nubians, but you'll be surprised about just how many modern Egyptians look exactly like the ancients did.
>>
>>543953
provide an example
>>
>>534509
R1a is from Central Asian you dumbass
>>
>>543973
I stated that in this response you fool >>543973
>>
>>545160

>>539880
>>
File: 2yo5z86.png (77 KB, 1023x614) Image search: [Google]
2yo5z86.png
77 KB, 1023x614
>>534730
It's true for Assyrians.
>>
>>545185
That map is simplified

Here have a new autosomal map
>>
>>545196
For ants maybe
>>
File: image.jpg (86 KB, 435x331) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
86 KB, 435x331
The Egyptians painted themselves as darker than the Libyans but lighter and clearly distinct from the Nubian Medjay.
>>
>>545226
The reality is Nubians in Egyptian art are highly dramatized, they were of Afro-Asiatic and Nilo-Saharan speaking populations were as the art seemingly shows Nilotics.
>>
>>545226
Skin color denoted social status, health status, and sometimes age in many painted Egyptian works. Not actual skin color.
You can see this by the changing skin tones of Amenhoteps mother from one to another going from not married to married to having a son to death
>>
File: WEWUZKINGSNSHIET.jpg (38 KB, 300x434) Image search: [Google]
WEWUZKINGSNSHIET.jpg
38 KB, 300x434
WE
>>
File: 1448389809857.jpg (664 KB, 895x2388) Image search: [Google]
1448389809857.jpg
664 KB, 895x2388
>>545516
>WUZ AMERICAN
>>
File: egyptians race.png (202 KB, 400x360) Image search: [Google]
egyptians race.png
202 KB, 400x360
>>
File: tiyi2.jpg (21 KB, 525x641) Image search: [Google]
tiyi2.jpg
21 KB, 525x641
>>545919
If we're going by art alone, there's also ones like that depicting blacks in a position of power. On top of that art is what Afro-centrist use to implicate Egypt had black kings and queens. Which is why art alone can be a bit shaky when talking about certain civilizations.

Pic-related, is the most common image use, though Egyptians did have wigs. I'm using this to emphasize, niggas be trippin.
>>
>>543850
And they are right to do so. If you're an Arabized Muslim you should kill yourself, you race traitor.
>>
>>545996
If you are a Romanized Christian you should kill yourself, race traitor
>>
>>547197
I agree with both of you
>>
File: 242342353154.jpg (159 KB, 453x555) Image search: [Google]
242342353154.jpg
159 KB, 453x555
>>545943
That sculpture is clearly a person of Cushitic affinity. Due to the various shifts throughout history; there's no telling how many ethnic groups can be found among Egypt's rulers ie. Asiatics, Nubians, Persians, Greeks, Romans.
>>
The Irish
>>
>>531359
egyptian coptics
>>
>>549463
inb4 the mudshit """egyptian""" gets triggered again
>>
>>531421
Holy fuck pls do it pls pls pls
>>
>A carving of a Nubian captive adorns the handle of a walking stick recovered from the tomb of King Tut. The placement of a Nubian captive on King Tut's walking stick is typical of Ancient Egyptian imagery which often depicts kings in their role as conqueror.
>>
>>531359
Depends.
Royalty or commoners? Commoners are like modern egyptians, royalty was greek. I'm not sure who's most similar to ancient greeks.
>>
>>550610

Only the ptolemys were greek,and they reigned during the decline of Egypt.Most of the royalty was native with some black and white dynasties
>>
>>531359
egypt was and always will be a ethnic clusterfuck
>well mabey not so clusterfucked these days but still
>>
>>550617
Who are you quoting?
>>
I have Northeast African ancestry via herders like Fulani.

I don't know why people get upset about Black Americans claiming Ancient Egypt, it's not as though the Sahel was impenetrable, people moved around.
>>
>>531359
African Americans
>>
>>545516
>conquerors of ancient egypt

Pretty sure that's about when the Nubians conquered Egypt then, not an article trying to claim that the ancient Egyptians were black.
>>
>>542996
Kill yourself you fucking faggot. "HUURRR YOU PROVED ME WRONG GO BACK TO LEDDIT HAHA TOPPEDT KEKS OF MY MEME FELLOW DOGE FROG"
>>
>>536208
Genetic analysis of modern Egyptians reveals that they have paternal lineages common to indigenous North-East African populations primarily (Algeria, Tunisia, Morocco), and to Middle Eastern peoples to a lesser extent—these lineages would have spread during the Neolithic and were maintained by the predynastic period.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15202071
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/12495079

/thread
Now I never want to see any threads like this again.
>>
>>532823
So Romans were sandniggers now? Fuck off nigger.
>>
>>539010

>>554818
Never post here again faggot
>>
>>554836
Did you even read the abstracts?
>>
>>554840
Yes, what exactly do you find wrong with them?
>>
>>554842
What are you claiming that differs from them?
>>
>>531359
It's incredible and very depressing how these stupid ass threads get hundreds of reponses each time.
>>
>>554842
Wait I misread thought you meant the last comment applied to both posts
>>
>>554843
What do you mean?
>>
>>554851
see >>554849
>>
>>554853
Oh never mind then. :3
>>
>>532384
Very interesting but it's got nothing to do with Egyptians being Scandinavians
>>
>>531385
>>531385
/thread
>>
>>532140
Blemmyes (=Beja) were nubian
>>
>>554884
Copts are not different from other egyptians. Arabs didn't commit a genocide you retard
>>
>>554907
there is a difference between Nubian and beja
>>
African Americans.

Apparently, Pharaos crossed the Sahara to move from what was one of the richest regions in the world to West Africa.
Thread replies: 203
Thread images: 39

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.