[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Unit 731 thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6
File: Tk7m1B2.jpg (72 KB, 600x400) Image search: [Google]
Tk7m1B2.jpg
72 KB, 600x400
Reminder that the yanks let the Jap Unit 731 got away with medical experimentation warcrimes while the Krauts got hanged in Nuremberg

Also, if you're bored, watch this incredibly underrated movie (Men Behind the Sun): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqnftyYWW4E
>>
>>530651
fucking japs, they raped don king too, did you know that?
>>
>>530651
Krauts got hanged but all the Kraut scientists got swooped up in Operation Paperclip.
The same thing happened here, the American military granted all the physicians immunity in exchange for all of their research and findings.
Who knows how much of Unit 731's research has permeated the medical sciences of today.
>>
>>530651
*get
>>
>>530681
Well, I hope a lot of frostbite shit. Ie, cold on human tissue.; The Krauts would have had research on that as well
>>
File: 1448067600533.png (38 KB, 853x543) Image search: [Google]
1448067600533.png
38 KB, 853x543
>>530651
gotta break a few chinks to make an omelette.
>>
>>530718
At the end of it, all of their research wasn't incredibly ground-breaking and it is a shame to see one of WWII's greatest atrocities go un-punished, but I do think there is some validity to America's choice to grant immunity.

Unit 731 had already proved that they were willing and capable to destroy all evidence if they were targeted. America obviously did not know the findings of 731's research, so it could be assumed to be absolutely anything (a cure for syphilis, a chemical weapon that could dominate the world, etc) and thus, you can see there being an imperative to securing what could possibly be incredibly important research instead of it being destroyed.
>>
>>530651
Interesting. Even the most desensitized western surgeons would never operate on a person without a surgical drape. As dumb as it is, the effect of depersonalizing the patient and attending only to the operation at hand is psychologically essential for good surgical practice.

I can only imagine the kind of person who can do anything medically useful or informative while operating on a fully exposed, unanaesthetized human subject desperately trying to make peace with their gods before they die on your table.
>>
>>530869
>the kind of person
You'd run across a few types, with plenty of overlap.
1. The wide-eyed fresh graduates who were bound by duty to serve their Emperor. Eventually they were desensitized to the job, but there as those alive today who publicly seek forgiveness.

2. Those that genuinely believed the propaganda, that every last woman and child was an enemy of the state to be disposed of without mercy.

3. Pure cold-blooded psychopaths who were ecstatic at the opportunity.

I'd almost bet money that every last government in the world is doing similar atrocities to this day. This is just one of those incidents that managed to reach the public.
>>
>>530869
Chinks aren't human do you don't need any extra equipment for depersonalization
>>
>>530933
Hello /pol/. You might want to troll a little bit more softly next time.
>>
The spooky man>>530972
I'm just sayin that's what the nips thought
>>
File: 1452265987767.png (170 KB, 340x375) Image search: [Google]
1452265987767.png
170 KB, 340x375
The chinks maybe shitty and annoying people but the japs look absolutely evil to me, they were no better than soviet liberators.
>>
>>530904
yep
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unethical_human_experimentation_in_the_United_States

tuskegee was possibly the worst, also the unabomber was psychologically fucked with by MKULTRA

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ted_Kaczynski#Early_life
>>
File: Got Nothing On Patton.jpg (147 KB, 457x601) Image search: [Google]
Got Nothing On Patton.jpg
147 KB, 457x601
>>530651
MACARTHUR

>>530681
According to the reports the medical research Unit 731 had the US already knew and had so it was a waste.
>>
>>531276
Is he ok?
>>
>>531788
its just an allergy bro
>>
>>530869
That's pretty much how surgery went for most of it's history though. Just, "bite down on this and you guys hold him tight, this arm's gotta come off."
t. Patrick O'Brian fan
>>
>>531276

What the fuck happened to that guy?
>>
File: 1429918675980.jpg (34 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1429918675980.jpg
34 KB, 640x360
>>530651
>that part where they remove completely frozen flesh from woman's arms and there's nothing left but bones
>that sound chamber scene where a man shits out his internal organs

I forgot how graphic this film was
>>
>>532271
Japanese guy got irradiated.
>>
>>532271
What this dude said >>532318

>Japan’s worst nuclear radiation accident took place at a uranium reprocessing facility in Tokaimura, northeast of Tokyo, on September 30, 1999. The direct cause of the criticality accident was workers putting uranyl nitrate solution containing about 16.6 kg of uranium, exceeding the critical mass, into a precipitation tank. The tank was not designed to dissolve this type of solution and was not configured to prevent eventual criticality. Three workers were exposed to lethal radiation doses. One of these workers, Hiroshi Couchi, was transferred to the University of Tokyo Hospital and three days after the accident he could talk and only his right hand was a little swollen with redness. However, his condition gradually weakened as the radioactivity broke down the chromosomes in his cells. The doctors were at a loss as to what to do. There were few precedents and proven medical treatments for victims of radiation poisoning. A local television crew followed the story for 83 days until Hiroshi died. Their observations are chronicled in the book, “A Slow Death: 83 Days of Radiation Sickness”
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.