[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
are there any decent films dealing with germanic tribes, from
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: Central_Europe_5th_Century.jpg (568 KB, 1088x763) Image search: [Google]
Central_Europe_5th_Century.jpg
568 KB, 1088x763
are there any decent films dealing with germanic tribes, from 3rd century BCE to 5th century CE or so
>>
>>529907
your mom
>>
File: darkagebrit.jpg (295 KB, 1002x1375) Image search: [Google]
darkagebrit.jpg
295 KB, 1002x1375
>>529907
Not that I'm aware of.
>>
>>529907
>all those tribes
>just randomly slap on Odoacer, Syagrius and Nepos
>>
File: Tristan1.jpg (31 KB, 271x400) Image search: [Google]
Tristan1.jpg
31 KB, 271x400
two comes to mind

>Dark Kingdom: The Dragon King (Ring of the Nibelungs)
it deals with Sigurd the Dragon Slayer
Germanic tribes are becoming Christian
it's mythological, but it may fit your interests

>Tristan and Isolde
it's set in Britain, but it's about the Germanic tribes
pic related
>>
>>529982
>>>/b/
>>
>>532269
>>
File: arthur.jpg (29 KB, 236x350) Image search: [Google]
arthur.jpg
29 KB, 236x350
>>532301
King Arthur
Anglo-Saxon invasion
same time period
>>
>>529907
>>532240

>Beowulf & Grendel is a 2005 film Canadian-Icelandic fantasy adventure film directed by Sturla Gunnarsson, loosely based on the Anglo-Saxon epic poem Beowulf. It stars Gerard Butler as Beowulf, Stellan Skarsgård as Hrothgar, Ingvar Eggert Sigurðsson as Grendel and Sarah Polley as the witch Selma. The screenplay was written by Andrew Rai Berzins. The soundtrack was composed by Hilmar Örn Hilmarsson. While some of the film remains true to the original poem, other plot elements deviate from the original poem: three new characters, Grendel's father, the witch Selma, and Grendel's son are introduced, and several related plot points were developed specifically for the film.
>>
File: n1QaRZQ[1].jpg (98 KB, 640x656) Image search: [Google]
n1QaRZQ[1].jpg
98 KB, 640x656
First 20 minutes of Gladiator
>>
>>532260
>randomly

Odoacer's 'kingdom' was basically just the rotting carcass of the Wester Roman Empire, it was definitely not a tribe.

>Syagrius

Last beacon of Romanitas in the west.

>Nepos

Literal nigger.
>>
There are no decent films about history, period.
>>
>>532269
dope, thanks, i'll check them out for sure
>>
Braveheart is p good
>>
>>533989
>Lawrence of Arabia
>Andrei Rublev
>Alexander Nevsky
>All quiet on the western front
>a million other fucking war movies you dipshit
And what the hell, why not include Kubrick
>Barry Lyndon
>Full Metal Jacket
>Dr. Strangelove
>Paths Of Glory
Are all great and historically relevant
Also I watched the seventh seal last night and it was wonderful. Good period piece but not "historical".
>>
File: 1425927426256.jpg (40 KB, 479x720) Image search: [Google]
1425927426256.jpg
40 KB, 479x720
>>529907
>BCE
>CE
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.