[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>"thou shall not kill" >continue to use hand
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /his/ - History & Humanities

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3
File: 1439983003195.jpg (9 KB, 208x250) Image search: [Google]
1439983003195.jpg
9 KB, 208x250
>"thou shall not kill"
>continue to use hand sanitizer
>kill 99% of bacteria
I'm going to hell.
>>
>Do not wear blended cloth

Polycotton t-shirt
>>
>Eat pussy
>Violate leviticine dietary laws
>>
>>528807
When I was kid I didn't feel shit when killing a bug but when a grow up I feel bad about killing an ant

especially hearing the crack sound when I crash them
>>
>>528830
You're sick.
>>
>>528830
>tfw I shot a frog with a air gun as a kid
I still live with regret and horror
>>
>>528807
It doesn't actually say that, you know. I mean, for fuck's sake, the same book mandates capital punishment for a whole assortment of crimes.
>>
>>528881
Hold on a second, are you saying the bible contradicts itself?
>>
What does this have to do with hist u fucking autistic. Go back to me reddit
>>
>>528889

No, I'm saying that the commandment in Exodus 20:12 is

לא תרצח

As opposed to the more general

לא תהרג

And as such as an injunction against murder, not killing in general, and that any half-decent translation would know this because it is quite obvious in the Hebrew.
>>
>This board is dedicated to the discussion of history and the other humanities such as philosophy, RELIGION, law, classical artwork, archeology, anthropology, ancient languages, etc.
Moron.
>>
>>528980
meant for >>528909
>>
File: 1449691997072.png (2 MB, 3327x4418) Image search: [Google]
1449691997072.png
2 MB, 3327x4418
>>528911
>>
File: overhead.jpg (12 KB, 582x386) Image search: [Google]
overhead.jpg
12 KB, 582x386
>>529014

Can you read? And I mean in English, since Hebrew is quite obviously beyond you.

Go look it up if you don't believe me, but "Thou shalt not Kill" is a product of the KJV and it's successors crappy translations, it's not in the Bible itself, and it's no more accurate than the same edition's rendering Mark 1:2's Ἠσαΐᾳ as "The prophets" instead of Isaiah because you have to come up with some explanation as to how the next line isn't actually from Isaiah at all.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.